Quantcast
Does Rodgers deserve another season. - Page 399 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
thompsonsnose

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

Stats have their place, but require the addition of context.

What's the line about not using them as a drunk uses a lamppost? Not as support, but for illumination.

• Upvote 2

The cartoon of Lovren was good, but they lose points in my book for the cheap dig at Sylvester McCoy. He was underrated.

He had one of the best assistants too. Ace was ace.

• Upvote 1

The cartoon of Lovren was good, but they lose points in my book for the cheap dig at Sylvester McCoy. He was underrated.

He had one of the best assistants too. Ace was ace.

Agreed. McCoy was underrated. They should have stuck with Baker.

• Upvote 1

I hope you mean Tom there, the other one was the worst with his over-acting...

Meant they should have used Colin Baker for the cartoon.

A manager who has won nothing would suit England well. The FA have wicked laptops with state of the art graphics cards and white boards too- at last Brendan would have the tools to do the job.

He's perfect for England.

Absolutely perfect....

I disagree with the idea he was out of his depth or the appointment was a mistake... he can hold his head up high with regards to his time here.

His appointment was a high risk gamble. Appointing a manager with one year's PL experience, who had won nothing, had no euro experience, no top end transfer experience and who had never assembled a team in his life was a mistake.

No LFC manager with a recent Euro record of played 9, won 1 (against Ludogorets), can ever hold his head up high at Anfield.

• Upvote 16

His appointment was a high risk gamble. Appointing a manager with one year's PL experience, who had won nothing, had no euro experience, no top end transfer experience and who had never assembled a team in his life was a mistake.

No LFC manager with a recent Euro record of played 9, won 1 (against Ludogorets), can ever hold his head up high at Anfield.

A good post, in full, Sexrex. Comma.

“We gave Brendan as you know an opportunity to see if we could improve this season,” Werner said.

“There was some very good football last season and some not so good football.

“There were some challenges with injuries. We brought in some new players that Brendan recommended that we thought would take us forward.

“We are where we are. I don’t want to say too much, Brendan is an outstanding manager but we decided to move in a different direction and I am very optimistic.

“I thought Brendan’s comments at the end were very classy and we have a lot of respect for Brendan.

“When we appointed Brendan we thought he was going to be the right manager for Liverpool. Obviously we now feel that we have got a world class manager and beyond that there is not much more I would like to say.

• Upvote 1

“We gave Brendan as you know an opportunity to see if we could improve this season,” Werner said.

“There was some very good football last season and some not so good football.

“There were some challenges with injuries. We brought in some new players that Brendan recommended that we thought would take us forward.

“We are where we are. I don’t want to say too much, Brendan is an outstanding manager but we decided to move in a different direction and I am very optimistic.

“I thought Brendan’s comments at the end were very classy and we have a lot of respect for Brendan.

“When we appointed Brendan we thought he was going to be the right manager for Liverpool. Obviously we now feel that we have got a world class manager and beyond that there is not much more I would like to say.

I don't think Rodgers could ask for much more than that.

Iceman: teeth, teeth, whitener, whores blah blah

Moofman: fuck the lot of you bastards how dare you talk about him like that?

Thomson'sNose: he's a fucking snakeoil salesman bullshitter

Moof'sHand: fuck the lot of you ungrateful cunts how dare you talk about him like that? 

Jairzinho: he was shite, it was Suarez

Moofzinho: No it was Rodgers he deserves so much credit you ungrateful wankers how dare you talk about him like that?

RussAtmosphere: When you look at the big picture and take into account his signings, he had to go, he was a bit shite Moof

MoofStratosphere: YOu ungrateful cunt how dare you talk about him like that? 

ETC

ETC

ETC

• Upvote 4

Ludogorets were robbed, as well...

• Upvote 2

It is difficult to understand how those bastards Gary Mac and O'Driscoll were deservedly sacked , while Brendan, whose only crime was to demand powerpoint plus and an extra memory stick to store his dossier, went too.

I hope that Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz have been told in no uncertain terms that unless their tactics, coaching, transfers, and results are up to scratch, they wont last long.