You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

The baffling thing for me about Rodgers was that although his inexperience and lack of achievement were there for all to see, he was lauded as a great, bright new coach, but he never delivered that.

He did facilitate a team that mounted a title challenge, granted. But that team would have won the title with a defence which should have been tightened, and has undone him, and us, ever since.

Even that attack featured Suarez, whom he did not buy, and Sturridge , who he did not want, favouring Clint Dempsey.

The list of players who have gone backwards under him is a long one- how many did he improve?

How long do we have to put up with your pontificating? Just so i know...

• Upvote 2

Super happy clappy fan forum guide:

1. If someone on the forum criticizes the manager, indignantly point out that we should be supporting the manager, and anyone who doesn't is a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."

2. If someone on the forum criticizes an ex-manager, indignantly point out that he has gone and advise said opponent to "get over it." If they do not do so, then label them a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."

3. Cry about basically anything.

• Upvote 5

Super happy clappy fan forum guide:1. If someone on the forum criticizes the manager, indignantly point out that we should be supporting the manager, and anyone who doesn't is a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."2. If someone on the forum criticizes an ex-manager, indignantly point out that he has gone and advise said opponent to "get over it." If they do not do so, then label them a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."3. Cry about basically anything.

Yer ma.

Super happy clappy fan forum guide:1. If someone on the forum criticizes the manager, indignantly point out that we should be supporting the manager, and anyone who doesn't is a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."2. If someone on the forum criticizes an ex-manager, indignantly point out that he has gone and advise said opponent to "get over it." If they do not do so, then label them a "WUM," "meff" or "cunt."3. Cry about basically anything.

Why you crying about it then?

He's no Yunnis Huthart.

I fucking love Eunice Huthart! Brings back Saturday night memories as a kid watching her smash fuck out of all before her, including juiced up gladiator cunts and flying the Merseyside flag. Boss.

Eeeeeuuuuunice!

• Upvote 1

The baffling thing for me about Rodgers was that although his inexperience and lack of achievement were there for all to see, he was lauded as a great, bright new coach, but he never delivered that.

He did facilitate a team that mounted a title challenge, granted. But that team would have won the title with a defence which should have been tightened, and has undone him, and us, ever since.

Even that attack featured Suarez, whom he did not buy, and Sturridge , who he did not want, favouring Clint Dempsey.

The list of players who have gone backwards under him is a long one- how many did he improve?

Look no further than his first few months and you'll see the issue . Spent ages chasing Siggurdson a player he knew intimately and really rated,  Player refuses to follow him to Anfield ( what does that say about what Siggurdson thought of Rodgers btw ?) and chooses Spurs who think he must be great if his former manager wants him so badly . Player turns out to be fairly average and does nothing. Second choice is Joe Allen who is no better than a squad player o the rare occasion's hes fit.. His ability to spot a dud is non existent and has if anything got worse during his tenure.

• Upvote 1

I fucking love Eunice Huthart! Brings back Saturday night memories as a kid watching her smash fuck out of all before her, including juiced up gladiator cunts and flying the Merseyside flag. Boss.

Eeeeeuuuuunice!

Yeah she was class. So was two scoops. 

• Upvote 1

I remember talking to Eunice Huthhart on an internet chat room in the days of dial-up when I was about 16.  At least she said she was Eunice Huthhart, and I guess you'd have to be a bit deranged to pretend to be her on the internet.  For anyone who's wondering, she sold the jeep because she couldn't afford the insurance. 

• Upvote 1

We'd fallen absolutely miles adrift of the top teams by the time he took over and in his 2nd season he oversaw our best league campaign in decades, when no one gave us a prayer of even finishing top 4.

I disagree with the idea he was out of his depth or the appointment was a mistake. Having already endured several years of abject shite before his arrival, I'd have gladly taken another 1 or 2 if it came coupled with the best, most entertaining Liverpool league campaign I've ever witnessed (and possibly will ever witness, barring a sugardaddy takeover).

The whole thing had gone stale and it was the right time for him to go but he can hold his head up high with regards to his time here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We'd fallen absolutely miles adrift of the top teams by the time he took over and in his 2nd season he oversaw our best league campaign in decades, when no one gave us a prayer of even finishing top 4.

I disagree with the idea he was out of his depth or the appointment was a mistake. Having already endured several years of abject shite before his arrival, I'd have gladly taken another 1 or 2 if it came coupled with the best, most entertaining Liverpool league campaign I've ever witnessed (and possibly will ever witness, barring a sugardaddy takeover).

The whole thing had gone stale and it was the right time for him to go but he can hold his head up high with regards to his time here.

I'm guessing you've probably got the attention span of a goldfish

I quite enjoyed the season 4 years previous where we beat the Chavs at Stamford Bridge, dicked Real Madrid 5 nil on aggregate and the Mancs 4.1 at their place

Nobody is seriously denying that BR gave us a fabulous season but the fact remains we didn't win anything

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing you've probably got the attention span of a goldfish

I quite enjoyed the season 4 years previous where we beat the Chavs at Stamford Bridge, dicked Real Madrid 5 nil on aggregate and the Mancs 4.1 at their place

Nobody is seriously denying that BR gave us a fabulous season but the fact remains we didn't win anything

Neither did we in the season you just described.

• Upvote 1

Neither did we in the season you just described.

Yeah, we finished 2nd, it's kind of implicit in the point I was making

Both great seasons but both failures

Rafa's not remembered fondly for finishing 2nd one year but for winning stuff particularly the Champion's League

Brendan's time here was a failure because he didn't win a thing, nada

He did, however, give us one glorious failure of a season but it's not good enough...nowhere near

Yeah, we finished 2nd, it's kind of implicit in the point I was making

Both great seasons but both failures

Rafa's not remembered fondly for finishing 2nd one year but for winning stuff particularly the Champion's League

Brendan's time here was a failure because he didn't win a thing, nada

He did, however, give us one glorious failure of a season but it's not good enough...nowhere near

Rafa was against the best united team in years and Rodgers had to overtake 6 teams, a lot better funded than they were when Rafa was boss. I wouldn't have said either seasons were failures, unless you're looking in the purely black and white terms of 'did we win stuff'.

Rafa was against the best united team in years and Rodgers had to overtake 6 teams, a lot better funded than they were when Rafa was boss. I wouldn't have said either seasons were failures, unless you're looking in the purely black and white terms of 'did we win stuff'.

I'm not denying that both seasons weren't very good because that would be stupid

But, how else would you gauge success except by trophies won? 

I guess, if you were that way inclined, you could judge it on how much money is made or how many shirts are sold or the size of the fanbase

I look at trophies won...I'm old fashioned like that