You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Some shit revisionism always goes on after a sacking.

If people want to see how much patience Liverpool fans have then you need only revisit Rodgers first season. We all supported him and willed him on despite a horrible first season.

The final act for me was when he didn't understand what made Suarez so important, which was his physical attributes. He then replaced him with forwards who totally destroyed that pressing from the front game. We didn't need a world class forward, we needed someone with aggression who ran around a lot.

He either didn't understand that or he consciously chose to try a different system. Didn't work. And then this summer he opted for a bunker buster in Benteke.

As a a manger you live or die by your decisions, and what we've seen is a natural end to a struggling manager with huge resources at his disposal.

I expect we'll see a lot more of Rodgers over the coming 30 years. I don't think he'll win much though because he's yet to prove he can build a balanced team that attacks and defends well enough.

The best thing he can do is keep his head down for 12 months and by then his stock will have risen exponeitally, as it always does when a high profile manager is out of work for long enough. He's on the managerial merry go round now.

Fair play to FSG though, they made a mistake in he summer and they've lost face by sacking him so soon after backing him, but it was the right decision to revisit it now, you have to respect that.

By the way, all this seemed to gather a lot of momentum after hendersons 'treatment' in America last month...

• Upvote 2

Some shit revisionism always goes on after a sacking.

If people want to see how much patience Liverpool fans have then you need only revisit Rodgers first season. We all supported him and willed him on despite a horrible first season.

The final act for me was when he didn't understand what made Suarez so important, which was his physical attributes. He then replaced him with forwards who totally destroyed that pressing from the front game. We didn't need a world class forward, we needed someone with aggression who ran around a lot.

He either didn't understand that or he consciously chose to try a different system. Didn't work. And then this summer he opted for a bunker buster in Benteke.

As a a manger you live or die by your decisions, and what we've seen is a natural end to a struggling manager with huge resources at his disposal.

I expect we'll see a lot more of Rodgers over the coming 30 years. I don't think he'll win much though because he's yet to prove he can build a balanced team that attacks and defends well enough.

The best thing he can do is keep his head down for 12 months and by then his stock will have risen exponeitally, as it always does when a high profile manager is out of work for long enough. He's on the managerial merry go round now.

Fair play to FSG though, they made a mistake in he summer and they've lost face by sacking him so soon after backing him, but it was the right decision to revisit it now, you have to respect that.

By the way, all this seemed to gather a lot of momentum after hendersons 'treatment' in America last month...

Think this has something to do with his problems:

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

The baffling thing for me about Rodgers was that although his inexperience and lack of achievement were there for all to see, he was lauded as a great, bright new coach, but he never delivered that.

He did facilitate a team that mounted a title challenge, granted. But that team would have won the title with a defence which should have been tightened, and has undone him, and us, ever since.

Even that attack featured Suarez, whom he did not buy, and Sturridge , who he did not want, favouring Clint Dempsey.

The list of players who have gone backwards under him is a long one- how many did he improve?

• Upvote 2