You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Moyes would never have talked up Everton the way Martinez will. Moyes was always about lowering expectations to the point where anything they 'achieved' seemed more significant than it was. Debacles - like being embarassed at Woodison last year in the semi against Wigan were quickly swept away. Let's see how the bitters do when expectations start to build.

On a side note, I hear the travelling bitters really had a go at St. David last night. Anyone know what they were singing?

Moyes would never have talked up Everton the way Martinez will. Moyes was always about lowering expectations to the point where anything they 'achieved' seemed more significant than it was. Debacles - like being embarassed at Woodison last year in the semi against Wigan were quickly swept away. Let's see how the bitters do when expectations start to build.

On a side note, I hear the travelling bitters really had a go at St. David last night. Anyone know what they were singing?

In sharp contrast to the choke back the tears love in bestowed on him for his last game at Goodsion

Last season we loaned Nuri Sahin, a player with a far bigger reputation than those two. There was also talk of a loan move for Sturridge.

Interesting isn't it. Sahin, Allen, Lucas, all very highly rated central midfielders at one point who 'can't play' with Gerrard. Add Lampard to that list as well for England.

Sooner or later, you start to see a pattern developing. Or you don't, as is the case with 9 out of 10 supporters.

It's like Chelsea's central defence problem, and Terry being the constant. Can't possibly be his fault though, he's 'a fucking legend', ergo, look elsewhere for the problem. Clever stuff.

Gerrard was shit last night as well, not a lot of people saying that, but he was. A few cross-field passes....so what? Why not just give and go? A poor scuffy effort from the edge of the box, and a bit of improvisation at the end when we're 4-1 up already, it's nothing to write home about.

Also, many thanks to Rodgers for playing Suarez for almost the entire 90 minutes when he's already just played 90 the weekend before, and needs to play another 90 this weekend. Appalling treatment of Aspas, almost cruel, to shove him on for a minute. I wouldn't be thanking Rodgers for that if I was Aspas. Either give him 30 minutes or don't give him anything, he's looking for fitness for fucks sake.

If Suarez gets injured then Rodgers can bleat and moan all he wants, but he's done nothing to make contingencies for it.

As each week passes, I just get the impression he's being very lucky as a manager so far this season. I'll not make a judgement until after the January window firstly, and then season-end, but his stock if falling by 1% each time I watch us play at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1% per game? That much? Realllllllllllly? I bet Rodgers is quaking in his boots.

He'll shit his tits off when Suarez asks to leave in January.

I want Rodgers to succeed, it just frustrates me that he seems to be either getting lazy or the power has gone to his head. He's not thinking short, medium or long-term.

Case in point, we buy Illori, Alberto, both under the premise of being 'for the future'. That's fine, but one is treated very differently to the other when both are more or less the same age. Why? Illori doesn't even get game time in with the U21's the other night because he was at Melwood training with the 1st team. Training with the first team vs playing an U21 game...sorry, but you take the game everytime.

Now let's look at the 'now' players, being Sakho, Aspas, Moses and Cissokho. Just look at them. What was the gameplan here? We gave Cissokho a couple of run-out and now he's inferior to Flannagan? Sakho is part of a badly organised 352 away at Arsenal and all of a sudden he's worse than Skrtel or Agger, despite heroics for France in a massive game? We tell Moses he will get game time and then he doesn't get it...so why did you want him in the first place Brendan? And Aspas is now our only recognised support striker and we're 3-0 up against Norwich at home and we don't let him get a run-out after a six week injury? Fucking madness. Guess what, he's still not match-fit Brendan, you've mismanaged your squad, chance gone.

Allen has been on the bench since forever, why? And why play him as a DM when Lucas is fit? You once told us, you cunt, that Allen is not a DM and that he couldn't wait to play him further up the pitch where he's more comfortable...and then you drop Lucas and play Allen as a DM. If he's not a fucking DM then don't play him there, drop Henderson or Gerrard against Norwich and give him a run....surely?

I want an honest and open manager and every week I'm just feel like we've been spun another line.

I feel for Borini in a way, because Rodgers went after him, got him, and then he got injured and then when he gets back he's just thrown out like a leper. £12m there Brendan, care to let us know what that was about?

• Downvote 1

Brendan is like the exact opposite of Benitez, he sees the player as psychologically, frail, special little snowflakes who can't be taken off until they've scored or assisted. Benitez saw them as chess pieces at best, probably why he couldn't get them onside when things got tough. Ideally, you'd like a manager to strike a balance.

• Upvote 1

Interesting isn't it. Sahin, Allen, Lucas, all very highly rated central midfielders at one point who 'can't play' with Gerrard. Add Lampard to that list as well for England.

Sooner or later, you start to see a pattern developing. Or you don't, as is the case with 9 out of 10 supporters.

It's like Chelsea's central defence problem, and Terry being the constant. Can't possibly be his fault though, he's 'a fucking legend', ergo, look elsewhere for the problem. Clever stuff.

Gerrard was shit last night as well, not a lot of people saying that, but he was. A few cross-field passes....so what? Why not just give and go? A poor scuffy effort from the edge of the box, and a bit of improvisation at the end when we're 4-1 up already, it's nothing to write home about.

Also, many thanks to Rodgers for playing Suarez for almost the entire 90 minutes when he's already just played 90 the weekend before, and needs to play another 90 this weekend. Appalling treatment of Aspas, almost cruel, to shove him on for a minute. I wouldn't be thanking Rodgers for that if I was Aspas. Either give him 30 minutes or don't give him anything, he's looking for fitness for fucks sake.

If Suarez gets injured then Rodgers can bleat and moan all he wants, but he's done nothing to make contingencies for it.

As each week passes, I just get the impression he's being very lucky as a manager so far this season. I'll not make a judgement until after the January window firstly, and then season-end, but his stock if falling by 1% each time I watch us play at the moment.

So if Gerrard was shit last night (which he wasn't by the way), which one of our midfielders was less shit?  Your stock is crumbling like an Oxo cube here mate.

There was a point in the game were Gerrard half fluffed a chance and it went straight to Ruddy who threw the ball to their right midfielder to start an attack. Flanaghan and Allen had to scramble to get back into position, as Gerrard was pulling his "almost scored" face to the kop, walking back at a snails pace.

He then goes and picks up the ball a few minutes later and plays a 60 yard cross field ball from the left straight to Sterling's feet, inch perfect without looking up for more than half a second, just magnificent. He goes from the nonchalant to the sublime.

There was a point in the game were Gerrard half fluffed a chance and it went straight to Ruddy who threw the ball to their right midfielder to start an attack. Flanaghan and Allen had to scramble to get back into position, as Gerrard was pulling his "almost scored" face to the kop, walking back at a snails pace.

He then goes and picks up the ball a few minutes later and plays a 60 yard cross field ball from the left straight to Sterling's feet, inch perfect without looking up for more than half a second, just magnificent. He goes from the nonchalant to the sublime.

It just goes to show you can't be all things to all men.

You're an idiot, that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I don't expect to win this battle, especially not after a 5-1 win, but one day I'll be vindicated and you'll understand why I was frustrated and just how much better things could have been.

50 yard cross field passes are like goalkeepers catching shots in mid air. They look good on camera.

I'd ultimately still start Gerrard! but in a sort of Berbatov free role around Suarez. Even then, he'd need to up his game still.

Apparently he's been banging a tranny, it's all over twitter with a few news outlets running with it (on twitter).

The slag in question (Chelsey Harwood) has been tweeting over the last few hours admitting it.  Saying he has a big ego and other shit.

Chelsey Harwood❤ @chelsey_harwood 45m

Just had the sun on my doorstep persistent young lady no is no sorry

Chelsey Harwood❤ @chelsey_harwood 1h

Its true what they say BIG ego SMALL cock

Chelsey Harwood❤ @chelsey_harwood 5h

Brendan Rodgers fucked my fake pussy and then slammed the D up my ass an it was BOSS satisfied?? Xoxo

Chelsey Harwood❤ @chelsey_harwood 5h

Whys everyone so shocked like im ugly and people dont shag trannys well news for you clearly they do!!

Probably rubbish, she looks like an attention seeking slag.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1