You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

When he is clearly incapable of learning or adapting or admitting hes wrong?

I know this is going to be seen as knee jerk, but can there be ANYONE alive, who would have started a game with an injured Joe Allen ahead of Lucas or Henderson today?

And then taken so long to react to what transpired.

He just isn't progressing, doesn't seem to be learning and is either stupid or stubborn where persevering with dead end signings are concerned. What is it that Joe Allen does well? Even when fit?

I don't see it.

Then, consider his motivational skills. Fresh off the back of a (slightly undeserved) win against Spurs, you'd think he could keep that steely eye on the prize for a trip to relegation fodder like Southampton.

Obliging Gerrard to stay deep because hes picked a ballet dancer as his midfield accomplice is not the way forward. Gerrard is NOT a player who will age gracefully moving back through the formation.

I don't think Rodgers knows what hes doing. Its happening too often.

Ready.

Aim.

Fire.

Do you know why it'll be seen as knee-jerk?

I agree today was rubbish and that Allen was (and often is) a liability and that Rodgers is too slow to change things that aren't working on the pitch.

But the alternative you're suggesting him is sacking (and paying off) another manager and his backroom staff; bringing someone new in and waiting for them to try to build a squad.

Is that a good idea? Do you think this club, after the few years we've had, needs more instability?

Brendan Rodgers is Liverpool's manager. Support your club.

why, though? so he can waste 10-12m on Williams and write off another season?

Deep inside you, you know what's going to happen in the summer and what will happen next season and how we're going to write off yet another season and so forth...

It's true. Zig has the gift of prophecy. That's why I'm a Ziggist.

This thread is hilarious.

Everyone mentions Allen, nobody mentions Gerrard.

Everybody mentions Skrtel, nobody mentions Agger.

Everybody mentions Rodgers, nobody mentions Pochettino.

Away, rain lashing, deflected free kick, fine lines.

I.m not doubting we were very poor, and I have my views on that, but the pattern of poorness extends further back than this season, so I'm inclined to think its a player issue more than a managerial issue.

Fair play to Southampton, I hope they stay up ahead of the others, and today they played like a team desperate to stay up.

I felt more hopeful than I have in a while after the Spurs result, and I still do. Bumming shit sides doesn't impress me in the slightest but we showed an ability there to tough it out and get a result.

To an extent it's like the 90s all over again though, Rodgers is almost Evans/Keegan esque. Get some attacking players, tell them to 'go out and play' and hope for the best. Tactical awareness seems lacking in the extreme though as is the ability to do all the technical stuff like organise a defence, he is the anti-Houllier. It's why we're incapable of defeating good managers and top sides. If we came up against, say, a top Italian side we'd get utterly, utterly arse raped.

Wrong answer Zig!

For a heavyweight bout of this magnitude, you can't stay local, you have to go international.

I don't know, you try to bring a bit of class to the forum ...

If they constructed a KFC on Otterspool prom that could be shithouse dog aids nirvana.

Guest ShoePiss
I felt more hopeful than I have in a while after the Spurs result, and I still do. Bumming shit sides doesn't impress me in the slightest but we showed an ability there to tough it out and get a result.

To an extent it's like the 90s all over again though, Rodgers is almost Evans/Keegan esque. Get some attacking players, tell them to 'go out and play' and hope for the best. Tactical awareness seems lacking in the extreme though as is the ability to do all the technical stuff like organise a defence, he is the anti-Houllier. It's why we're incapable of defeating good managers and top sides. If we came up against, say, a top Italian side we'd get utterly, utterly arse raped.

Hmm but Evans had the defence set up far better than this.

Yes he deserves another season, if we're still putting in the same performances as today along with poor tactical decisions from our manager this time next season then he should be shown the door.

Personally I don't think Rodgers is anything more than a good mid-table Premiership manager. Managers usually round teams down to their level.

I dont think he will be sacked. I wouldn't be bothered at all if he was and would never miss him. He will be gone at the end of next season and then we'll just have to pray that FSG dont hire another Rodgers. Suarez is the only reason he still has the job imo.

Are we not a bright mid-table team? The last three seasons we've netted 63, 58 and 52 points - albeit the last two seasons with managers who should never have been let anywhere near the place.

Today's result is infuriating and, given we've had a week to prepare for a game against a bottom five side, inexcusable. And it sounds like mistakes were made in the starting XI (what is wrong with the XI that started against Arsenal?).

But - it can only be taken in context at the end of the season. The number of points achieved, goals scored and League place will dictate whether he gets another season. Given the horror show that was last season - 47 goals in 38 games, fewest points and lowest place for who knows how long, bettering that season of itself isn't going to be enough. His job is stop us getting worse - and we've been getting worse and worse for three years. Only if we are not getting better can we possibly justify another change, and we won't know the answer to that til next season.

You call your manager of the club you support "a twat" because we lost 1 game?

Cowboy fan, you are a joke.

No, I call him a twat because we have lost far too many games this season, and been knocked out of too many cups this season, and been made to look shite by mediocre teams we could and should have beaten with better tactics and team selection this season.

He is not good enough for this club, he doesnt understand what this club is, he doesnt understand what being the manager of this club means, and he doesnt care enough about what this club is or means to those of us who have followed it and been part of it for decades.

I call the owners twats as well for buying this club to make money at the cost of what this club is and should be.

And I call you a twat, because you are, a twat.

Guest ShoePiss
No, I call him a twat because we have lost far too many games this season, and been knocked out of too many cups this season, and been made to look shite by mediocre teams we could and should have beaten with better tactics and team selection this season.

He is not good enough for this club, he doesnt understand what this club is, he doesnt understand what being the manager of this club means, and he doesnt care enough about what this club is or means to those of us who have followed it and been part of it for decades.

I call the owners twats as well for buying this club to make money at the cost of what this club is and should be.

Completely disagree with that, he's certainly taken the time to understand the club and has made a real effort to be respectful. I think you're being really unfair there.

You Sir, are a twat. Ironic, huh?

Dribble dribble

If accepting that pile of shite today, and supporting a manager who doesnt have a clue, makes you a true supporter, and me not, then I am happy not to be.

I personally want better from my club, and if mediocrity makes you happy, then you are sorted.

Not really, its people who have been with this club for too many years to mention, who are getting fucked off with the shite we have been lately for far too long, and are totally fed up with the mediocre crap that some people think is ok for this club to continue with.

39 years of going to the game home and away, to be served up that today? and you want me to be positive?

Barring the odd decent season with some amazing cups in between, we have been shite since KD left the first time, so dont give me crap for being fed up with what we have become.

I love this club with more of my heart than I do anything else, but to sit here and be happy with what we saw today? who is the cunt?

Far too many know it all gobshites who wouldnt have a clue what this club is or deserves, making bollocks comments, when they should be asking what the fuck is actually going wrong is the problem, not the ones who are fed up with mediocre half hearted shite from players who are paid more than the fan base added together.

If you seriously think BR is the next big thing to take us to the modern day holy grail, then god help us as a club.

He, like the owners, doesnt have the first clue.

Apologies, but I am really fucked off with today, no offence meant.

We are all life long Liverpool fans arn't we? and lots of us go to matches and love the club, dont make out you are some unique special case hard done by.

We are all frustrated but calling our manager a cunt in the match thread and a twat in here is shithouse Everton type shite...

We have been run by people who couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel for to many years, they ruined this club, they are the real cunts not the rookie manager we have in charge.

As has been mentioned, these type of performances have been going on for 20 years now, whats new? an easy target manager by the looks of it, what were people really expecting this season especially after our cluster-fuck league season last year?

All we have is hope nowadays, ive stopped expecting things to happen since Rafa as its just kidding yourself.