Quantcast
Does Rodgers deserve another season. - Page 272 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
thompsonsnose

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

Milner, Benteke, Ings.
So about 6th again, at best.

This could happily and profitably go on for years.

Milner, Benteke, Ings.

So about 6th again, at best.

This could happily and profitably go on for years.

They might get profit from it, but they probably won't get through it so happily if it's clear to enough of us that they're taking the piss.

I was referring to their happiness, not ours.

Same, was meaning the owners, if they're just happy making profit and not competing properly. The fans will get wound up a lot more as time passes and it probably won't be good for them. They should remember how the last twats fared when they tried making the club into a joke.

I'm not saying FSG are doing that, or planning to, but it's obviously looking possible at this stage.

The type of fan who might protest is slowly being financially/socially engineered out of the club via an increase in season ticket prices and corporate/tourist seating.

• Upvote 4

Same, was meaning the owners, if they're just happy making profit and not competing properly. The fans will get wound up a lot more as time passes and it probably won't be good for them. They should remember how the last twats fared when they tried making the club into a joke.

I'm not saying FSG are doing that, or planning to, but it's obviously looking possible at this stage.

How's it obvious?  The club isn't making a profit, we're spending what we earn.  The problem is Rodgers and his band of merry men keep spending our large budget on absolute shite.

How's it obvious? The club isn't making a profit, we're spending what we earn. The problem is Rodgers and his band of merry men keep spending our large budget on absolute shite.

Following a 25 year tradition of spending money on shite.

Rodgers is a fine custodian.

• Upvote 1

How's it obvious?  The club isn't making a profit, we're spending what we earn.  The problem is Rodgers and his band of merry men keep spending our large budget on absolute shite.

Yep, I think FSG are shite in their own way, distant and they appoint wankers, but there's a degree of blame deflection going on here of late too. Benteke wouldn't come cheap - it must be said - yet is still shite. If he's Rodgers target as is being said in recent reports, then if and when he does prove to be shite,  that's on him. Or will he simply be found to not be down with 'the system'? Maybe the scouts will be sacked, and the doctor, and the kit man. 

You make shit up in your head, Section.

Half the stuff you claim is going on on this forum, simply isn't.

What are you on about you white noise helmet? I'm talking about in general. 

• Upvote 1

I'm talking about your claim you were abused from pillar to post for stating Rodgers wasn't good enough. I'm talking about the blame deflection you claim you think is now going on. None of it's happened. It's all in your head.

It's pretty unclear who is responsible for signings - although I think the buck should stop with the manager - so any 'blame deflection' will not be a defence of Rodgers - which riles you so - but just a clarification of what the fuck is going on with that transfer committee.

I think Tom Is the type of person who has to have the last word in an Internet debate, as judged by his inability to let any remark go past. What he isn't, as he has said somewhere in this thread, is someone who holds football close to his heart. Ergo he is a troll, a WUM and therefore a person to be ignored.

Anyway has Rodgers' pursuit of Ings been derailed by Spurs yet?

I'm talking about your claim you were abused from pillar to post for stating Rodgers wasn't good enough. I'm talking about the blame deflection you claim you think is now going on. None of it's happened. It's all in your head.

It's pretty unclear who is responsible for signings - although I think the buck should stop with the manager - so any 'blame deflection' will not be a defence of Rodgers - which riles you so - but just a clarification of what the fuck is going on with that transfer committee.

Except I didn't say any of that did I? I said me - and others - 'took shit' for wanting Rodgers out. Which we did, go back and read it. 

Blame deflection has been part of the Rodgers and club m.o for ages. We've heard it all this year, from the pitch, to the CL getting in the way of training, to Liverpool not being in London, the transfer committee, the scouts, the doctor, now it's this Gordon bollocks. 

So it's not 'in my head'. 

You really are a condecending blert, but what's most sad about it is it's almost certainly deliberate and I can't fathom what enjoyment you get out of it, to come on an internet message board in what must often be the wee small hours of the morning for you over there in NZ with the intention of simply being contrary for contrary's sake. I know there's a lot of farmland out there and schooling often take place via CB radio, but there simply must be better things to do with your time than this.

• Upvote 8

You really are a condecending blert, but what's most sad about it is it's almost certainly deliberate and I can't fathom what enjoyment you get out of it, to come on an internet message board in what must often be the wee small hours of the morning for you over there in NZ with the intention of simply being contrary for contrary's sake. I know there's a lot of farmland out there and schooling often take place via CB radio, but there simply must be better things to do with your time than this.

I live in the UK, you absolute whining nonce.

• Downvote 2

No need for that.

Crikey. I've just read the definition of nonce and, safe to say, it's not what I thought at all.

Knowing what I now know, I agree there is no need for that at all and apologise unreservedly to Section.

For the purposes of that post, please replace nonce with cretin.

Too late for that Tom. Poor Section has probably been burned alive by Daily Mail readers by now.

It might just be for the greater good if HS2 goes ahead.

He may not have died in vain.