You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Barrett saying the committee as a model is being refined and that Milner and Ings are close. Also a bid for Benteke is in the pipeline.

I don't mind whether Rodgers stays or not but we really need to refine how we're buying players. That's the main thing in all of this.

Barrett saying the committee as a model is being refined and that Milner and Ings are close. Also a bid for Benteke is in the pipeline.

I don't mind whether Rodgers stays or not but we really need to refine how we're buying players. That's the main thing in all of this.

Refine?  We need a tear down and rebuild Robbie.  Wrt transfer gossip, I used to love the way that we would keep transfer news out of the press until it was done.  All it takes is a commitment from both parties to keep schtum.

Refine?  We need a tear down and rebuild Robbie.  Wrt transfer gossip, I used to love the way that we would keep transfer news out of the press until it was done.  All it takes is a commitment from both parties to keep schtum.

Yeah refine was being a bit kind on it.

Wholesale changes need to be made. Yanks think football is played by men with grotesque torsos and that you can handle the ball. (God help them if they ever came up against any UK rugby team.)

The sartorially inelegant Ayres needs replacing. A chronic knob that would be better off employed as a car park attendant - and I'm not even convinced about that.

Bodgers shouldn't have been there in the first place. A good manager for Swansea - totally inept for the Liverpool FC that he walked into.

Sadly, the likes of Shankley, Paisley, Fagan and Moran are not here anymore. We could do a lot worse than re-employ Heighway, Hall, Thompson etc. At least they had an insight and a passion for the club

• Upvote 1

Just not sure we are gettng the truth at the moment with all these press briefings.

Another thing to bear in mind. Klopp has a very important match at the weekend and would probably like to avoid any necessary distractions. Trying to keep his players focussed.

Think there might be more to come in the next week - 10 days

Brendan Rodgers will remain firmly in charge of directing Liverpool’s recruitment policy, despite the uncertainty about his future.

And that will see the Reds boss step up his long-standing interest in Christian Benteke with a firm and committed approach after the Belgium striker leads Aston Villa into this weekend’s FA Cup final.

The Irishman faces a robust review of his performance this season over the next fortnight, as he meets with the club’s American owners to determine the direction all football matters will make.

But with directors and principle shareholders John Henry, Mike Gordon and Tom Werner making it clear Rodgers retains their confidence for time being, he has been told to continue with his summer plans.

His most pressing need is for a striker who can deliver goals – and he has told his employers in no uncertain terms they must invest heavily in a centre forward who can take the load off the fragile frame of Daniel Sturridge

Ings, Milner, Rodgers still in control, it's going from neglect to active sabotage. 

It just completely astounds me how anyone could expect a club to break into the top 4 by signing mid table players. 

Let's be honest, no one expects us to break into the top 4 or challenge for trophies. Midtable profitability, that's the future under FSG. The end.

For the record I think Milner is essential for his midfield experience, after Gerrard's wild horsey escape. Our midfield lacks strength, quality, experience, leadership, it is a mess. I don't think Milner can cover all the areas, but he's not easily bullied and he's very experienced.

Shitty though from what I read, because they're a very horny club, have offered him £170k per week to sit in their bench until he retires, which makes me think that he will stay there and we'll end up buying someone far worse from a midtable team; our level for the next few years.