You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Two decades on he was fired after his first full season back at the club, Stu.

A season we won our last trophy and made another final in a season overshadowed by the Suarez-Evra bollocks (as well as the inevitable transfer disasters that preceded it). Kenny's downfall was the Andy Carroll signing which is strange seeing as he was signed before he got the job full time.

Without needing to buy to cater to a £35m lump we could have added to supplement some of the fantastic football we were playing at the back end of 10/11 which got Kenny the job.

• Upvote 2

When I saw that Being Liverpool documentary and also how 'unglamorous' Rodger's missus was I had a fair amount of respect for him as a person. Then seeing his transformation,new teeth,weight loss and trophy girlfriend I lost most of that respect for him that I had,off the field stuff I mean.

It just seems to fit in with somebody revelling in being given a job well above his pay grade. The on field stuff this season adds fuel to my opinion too.

It's all a bit doley wins the lottery isn't it.

Anyway, I don't care who or what he fucks, I think if we don't upgrade with Klopp or even Emery available we could take an even bigger step back to where we were when the Owl had us.

Bring in Klopp/Zorc or Emery/Monchi and build on top of the few positives we have (decent squad, young and chocked full of potential) and we can stop the rot quick.

• Upvote 2

And two decades on he couldn't do what a bullshitter managed with Liverpool.

How people square that with themselves I don't know.

Much easier to deal with if you respect Rodgers and Dalglish.

Two decades on and Dalglish remains the ONLY ever Liverpool manager in the modern era, that has won the Premier League (Blackburn).

Two decades on and Dalglish signed one of the most talented players we have ever seen playing for Liverpool, won our first trophy in SIX seasons and reached another Final the season he was fired. 

But B. Rodgie is the true winner. Fucking sublime. 

• Upvote 2

And two decades on he couldn't do what a bullshitter managed with Liverpool.

How people square that with themselves I don't know.

Much easier to deal with if you respect Rodgers and Dalglish.

Dalglish wasn't given the same opportunity. He won silverware under FSG which I don't see Rodgers ever doing. Rodgers didn't make a title run in his first full season, Dalglish wasn't given the same time. 

Supposedly Dalglish was fired for the transfers, well Rodgers has a worse record but all indications are he will get another year. 

I think the real reason Dalglish was let go was that he is a man with his own mind and not afraid to speak it (all be it behind closed doors) but we'll never know for sure. 

One thing we do know for sure is that Dalglish was a winner as both player and manager. Those are rare. Rodgers has never won anything as either and likely never will. 

Any comparison of their manager CV's will always be unfavourable for Rodgers. 

Dalglish deserves an immense amount of respect. 

Rodgers doesn't deserve a lot of the shit he gets on here but he also hasn't done much to earn any professional respect for his achievements which are very minor (promotion to the EPL, getting the LFC job, Manager of the Year).

When I saw that Being Liverpool documentary and also how 'unglamorous' Rodger's missus was I had a fair amount of respect for him as a person. Then seeing his transformation,new teeth,weight loss and trophy girlfriend I lost most of that respect for him that I had,off the field stuff I mean.

It just seems to fit in with somebody revelling in being given a job well above his pay grade. The on field stuff this season adds fuel to my opinion too.

I agree I was impressed with BR after that documentary, he seemed like a good family man and was happy to to show them off to the camera.

I don't agree with the thought process that he got money and fucked them off at the earliest chance, he had money and a degree of fame long before he took over and could easily have got a trophy wife earlier.

Finishing second last season was better than finishing eight, getting 18 points from our last 19 games and winning the league cup. You're deluded if you think otherwise.

So tell me football forum genius, how many seasons is Rodgers entitled to write off on the back of our last season campaign? 2? 3? 5?

You probably forget that Dalglish has actually WON the Premier League, which is better than finishing second. 

Reaching two finals in one season, winning our first (and probably last for a while) trophy in six seasons, signing a phenomenal striker like Suarez is a "sackable offence", but being incompetent to develop a proper defence in three full seasons, while remaining trophyless, having the worst European campaigns I have seen from us, is OK.

• Upvote 3

Two decades on and Dalglish remains the ONLY ever Liverpool manager in the modern era, that has won the Premier League (Blackburn).

Two decades on and Dalglish signed one of the most talented players we have ever seen playing for Liverpool, won our first trophy in SIX seasons and reached another Final the season he was fired.

But B. Rodgie is the true winner. Fucking sublime.

I can't take people seriously who put forward names like De Boer and Emery, Emery is achieving sevillas goals but the fans hate him and want him out because his football is terrible.

After the football we have seen the last few years a defensive manager will not last long here, fans will get pissed fast when things are going wrong and the football is shit.

Edit, I meant to quote El Dangerous post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

So tell me football forum genius, how many seasons is Rodgers entitled to write off on the back of our last season campaign? 2? 3? 5?

You probably forget that Dalglish has actually WON the Premier League, which is better than finishing second. 

Reaching two finals in one season, winning our first (and probably last for a while) trophy in six seasons, signing a phenomenal striker like Suarez is a "sackable offence", but being incompetent to develop a proper defence in three full seasons, while remaining trophyless, having the worst European campaigns I have seen from us, is OK.

He's entitled to this one and if he doesn't finish top four next season he'll probably go. I couldn't give a shite what Kenny did 20 years ago, he deserved to be sacked because we won about 4 games in the second half of his season. That season was terrible, saying otherwise is wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Commoli is mostly responsible for signing Suarez and if we'd of given him the money we may well of had Griezmann, Matuidi, Moussa Sissoko and Arda Turan at the club, instead of Adam, Downing, Henderson and Carroll.

Kenny wanted to sign Scott Dann, just let that sink in a second.... Scott Dann. He was worse than Rodgers when it comes to transfers and thats saying something because Rodgers is fucking awful.

• Upvote 1

Sevilla have scored more goals than everyone bar Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga this season.

And you haven't got a fucking clue what their fans want.

It appears you and whoever repped you on this occasion are the ones who are wrong.

Ballague was talking about him about a month ago saying what a great job he was doing despite a lack of funds but went on to say despite that the Sevilla fans hated him and wanted him out because of his style of football.

• Downvote 2

Sevilla have scored more goals than everyone bar Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga this season.

And you haven't got a fucking clue what their fans want.

To be fair he is a very defensive manager, look at the way he's managing to defend the Europa League trophy he won last year. You know, trophies that are nice and shiney and proof of success as opposed to say an ideal of football that we are trying to dine out on even though it's abundantly clear we relied on one player last year to make said ideal work.

It appears you and whoever repped you on this occasion are the ones who are wrong.

Ballague was talking about him about a month ago saying what a great job he was doing despite a lack of funds but went on to say despite that the Sevilla fans hated him and wanted him out because of his style of football.

Balague said Aspas and Alberto were exciting signings for Liverpool even likening Aspas to Suarez.

He's entitled to this one and if he doesn't finish top four next season he'll probably go. I couldn't give a shite what Kenny did 20 years ago, he deserved to be sacked because we won about 4 games in the second half of his season. That season was terrible, saying otherwise is wrong. 

Well I don't give a shit of what is appropriate "sackable offence" for you or not. Rodgers' first and current seasons are much worse than Kenny's season and the same way you don't give a shit about what Kenny has achieved with Blackburn in the Premier League or Liverpool before, I don't give a shit about Rodgers' last season.

Saying this season is not terrible or worse than Kenny's(where we reached two finals and won a trophy), makes you sound like a moron.

Commoli is mostly responsible for signing Suarez and if we'd of given him the money we may well of had Griezmann, Matuidi, Moussa Sissoko and Arda Turan at the club, instead of Adam, Downing, Henderson and Carroll.

Kenny wanted to sign Scott Dann, just let that sink in a second.... Scott Dann. He was worse than Rodgers when it comes to transfers and thats saying something because Rodgers is fucking awful.

So Gammoli was responsible for signing Suarez, when it was confirmed that the first ever person scouting Suarez on behalf of Liverpool was Kenny Dalglish under Rafael Benitez management.

Kenny's signings were miiiles better than Rodgers nobodies. The guy signed Southampton's CB for the money Kenny paid for Suarez. Fucking criminal stuff.

• Upvote 1

To be fair he is a very defensive manager, look at the way he's managing to defend the Europa League trophy he won last year. You know, trophies that are nice and shiney and proof of success as opposed to say an ideal of football that we are trying to dine out on even though it's abundantly clear we relied on one player last year to make said ideal work.

No. He's shit and defensive, and every single Sevilla fan hates him.

Balague said Aspas and Alberto were exciting signings for Liverpool even likening Aspas to Suarez.

Aspas is Degen level signing, with a much worse CV and costed 10m more than Degen. The bullshit that I read here about him when we signed him... it was supposed to be our Michu.