You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

*sighs*

So in all likelihood we're going to miss out on a proven winner in Klopp and stick with this chancer.

Then in October when Klopp is flying in his new job and we're floundering with a shit defence, loads of players being played out of position, hit and hope tactics, manager full of blame for everyone but himself then FSG will sack him and who the fuck will be available to fix this bucket of shit?

We're like the fucking Mary Celeste, adrift, becalmed, soulless with no lifeboat.

Make the right fucking decision FSG you wankers and make it now.

• Upvote 2

What's the point in sacking Brendan if we'll still have the transfer committee and Ayre.

Maybe Brendan will see the light now that he can't play Johnson any longer. Oh wait, no, he's going to continue playing a sulky, arrogant t**t who wants out, and will no doubt be picking Lovren ahead of Sakho next season...

He's a bullshitter it's what he's good at so he'll bullshit his way through the meetings with the owners by spin, buck passing, philosophising and power point.. It's how he got the job.

People talk about how Kenny got sacked but Kenny isn't a salesman he's an old school football man. These owners are very easily duped. How do you think ayre keeps his job every year and gets a pay rise? How did Comolli get the job?

• Upvote 2

He's a bullshitter it's what he's good at so he'll bullshit his way through the meetings with the owners by spin, buck passing, philosophising and power point.. It's how he got the job.

People talk about how Kenny got sacked but Kenny isn't a salesman he's an old school football man. These owners are very easily duped. How do you think ayre keeps his job every year and gets a pay rise? How did Comolli get the job?

I think Ayre keeps the job because he doesn't give them no grief and is probably made up to be in such a position. I've increasingly come around to the idea it is infact not Ayre and his negotiations that fuck our contracts and transfers up but infact the owners part in it, there is no way someone appearingly so inept at their job would be kept unless they don't blame him.

What's the point in sacking Brendan if we'll still have the transfer committee and Ayre.

Brendan is a key member of the committee (which is still used as an excuse for his failings). It's not some mysterious, external force that's preventing him from realizing his boundless managerial potential...

• Upvote 2

Ayre kept his job because he became the deciding vote on whether we sold the club to FSG. He saw the way the wind was blowing and became a good little puppy then and has remained a good little puppy ever since. He answers to his masters' voices.

Rodgers with total autonomy would be an even bigger disaster than now.

The problem is that Brendan had so little experience of top level transfers, and no experience of building a team. the results are predictable.

The idea that the transfer committee is stopping Brendan from making the sigings he wants is nonsense. And if he does not agree with the committee, or its collective decisions he is free to resign, which he hasn't.

• Upvote 1

Would Rodgers want full autonomy? Presumably another shit season would see him sacked. The current structure is absolutely perfect for no-one having to take any responsibility for anything.

Even if Rodgers did have a problem with it he's not going to say anything as he wouldn't get a job as big anywhere else.

*sighs*

So in all likelihood we're going to miss out on a proven winner in Klopp and stick with this chancer.

Then in October when Klopp is flying in his new job and we're floundering with a shit defence, loads of players being played out of position, hit and hope tactics, manager full of blame for everyone but himself then FSG will sack him and who the fuck will be available to fix this bucket of shit?

We're like the fucking Mary Celeste, adrift, becalmed, soulless with no lifeboat.

Make the right fucking decision FSG you wankers and make it now.

And if it's the reverse (or at the very least Rogers is performing better) I'm sure you'll be the first on here to say you were wrong?

If he'd learned anything about managing us it should have been to shut his fucking hole when there's a microphone in front of it.  Coming out with shite like this and "we will be better without Suarez" makes me grind my teeth at times.  Or telling reporters "our application was wonderful" and other such bilge when we've just stunk the place out.  Again.

He should shut the fuck up and concentrate on sorting out what's happening on the pitch.

I work for a bunch of cunts who follow the same trend, it doesn't matter how fucking shit we are, if we keep telling people how good we are some gullible fuckwits will swallow it.

There's a difference between putting on a positive front and being a bullshitter.

He night be 150% better as a manager next season.  He still might be looking for a fucking job come summer time too.  In the meantime I can't listen to his post match gushing when the likes of Crystal Palace and Villa have just twatted us, with relative ease too.

Don't agree.

Unless Ayre and co can get him top level players from abroad (which they can't) he'd only be interested in signing average and overpriced Premier League players from Southampton downwards. The last three years have shown that. How does that move the club forward? The likes of Coutinho, Sakho and Can can at least move the team forward if we can get the players around them, namely a quality CM (not Milner) and striker (not Benteke or ings).

Do you think we'd be better off now if Rodgers had been allowed to buy the likes of Stephen Caulker, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, Ryan Bertrand, Michel Vorm, Tom Ince, Clint Dempsey? Judging by the press briefings Rodgers is still annoyed he didn't get Bertrand and Williams in particular, but just because they're good players in mid table, doesn't mean they're top 4 players who can step up at Liverpool. It seems if you play well against Liverpool then that's enough. Sakho is a far better centre back than Lovren or Williams which if Rodgers had his way would be our main centre halves now for a huge outlay. We've only looked solid at the back this season with Sakho in the side, which was when we had a good run. He forced through Lovren, Lallana and Lambert three players who the committee (for all their faults and mistakes) would never have sanctioned for that money, yet he's somehow trying to distance himself from the disaster of last summer.

When I saw that Being Liverpool documentary and also how 'unglamorous' Rodger's missus was I had a fair amount of respect for him as a person. Then seeing his transformation,new teeth,weight loss and trophy girlfriend I lost most of that respect for him that I had,off the field stuff I mean.

It just seems to fit in with somebody revelling in being given a job well above his pay grade. The on field stuff this season adds fuel to my opinion too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

When I saw that Being Liverpool documentary and also how 'unglamorous' Rodger's missus was I had a fair amount of respect for him as a person. Then seeing his transformation,new teeth,weight loss and trophy girlfriend I lost most of that respect for him that I had,off the field stuff I mean.

It just seems to fit in with somebody revelling in being given a job well above his pay grade. The on field stuff this season adds fuel to my opinion too.

Normally I advocate parking someone's personal life.

But his "trust and stay loyal to your family" speech must have had Susan reaching for the sick bucket.

Also I am very surprised that Susan s having to take him to Court for a divorce settlement. PR is everything to Brendan, and an out of court agreement with gagging confidentiality clause would have seemed to have been an imperative for him.

Without it, expect "life with Brendan, the inside story" in a tabloid soon.

So it turns out an old school football man can't pull out a league performance that a bullshitter can? Must be quite a sad thing for you to think?

I'd imagine Comoli got the job because he gets lads like Bale, Suarez and Modric that go for fortunes. Loads of scouts would kill to have them on their CV.

• Upvote 2