You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Thank fuck MT is here with his uniquely objective ability to add absolutely zero to the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not adding nothing to the discussion billy, he's pulling people up for deciding to go to town on Rodgers personal life despite not having the slightest idea what has gone on between them. Just because, well, it's more shit to throw isn't it?

• Upvote 2

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-play-the-ball-not-the-manager/

It's not nice to see LFC fans taking the piss and criticising Rodgers for what he does away from the club, not everyone is a saint and BR has been nothing but complimentary about the club and fans since here.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Can we please all get back to criticising and taking the piss out of him managing the team.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Can we please all get back to criticising and taking the piss out of him managing the team.

Well, yes and no.  Players and managers will never be spared the lash - even if it about appearances.  We'd have to forego loads of good songs.  Steve Bruce gets it in the neck - well, head - on a regular basis.

What about "He's got a pineapple on his head"?  Great song.

Rodgers is hardly going to avoid scrutiny, with his marriage breakup, court case, slimmed down, ronsealed up and chat show host gnashers.

If we're arguing about the amount of bile aimed his way, then most would get behind that.  There is no need for it on a human level, ignore the fact he's a football manager.  

However, 'the man' is always going to get played as much as 'the ball', primarily because a large part of what he does is off the pitch, and requires him to leverage facets of his 'personality' in order to achieve his objectives.  

If, for example, he worked in a way that players felt was patronising to them, or that he was unable to keep players onside as they've grown weary of his 'style'/never liked his 'style'/can see through his 'style' (delete as appropriate) then he can expect to be on the receiving end of some robust criticism.

• Upvote 3

No disrespect to Mr Richards, but if we waste any of our transfer budget on a CB I will go fucking postal.

100% agreed. We need the best striker we can attract. We need a commanding central midfielder. Ideally someone who is able to offer some protection to the defenders, but if he's an all rounder who bosses it, so much the better. After that a right back.

Three signings for me, in that order, all to go straight into the first team.

100% agreed. We need the best striker we can attract. We need a commanding central midfielder. Ideally someone who is able to offer some protection to the defenders, but if he's an all rounder who bosses it, so much the better. After that a right back.

Three signings for me, in that order, all to go straight into the first team.

Glad we're in agreement, now would you kindly stop angling for a move.

Thank fuck MT is here with his uniquely objective ability to add absolutely zero to the discussion.

Hey, it's the forum commentator. Constantly on hand to tell everyone what and how to think.

And then to get all pissy when they invariably take no notice.

• Upvote 1

Your right I forgot about the Xabi deflected goal where we done a backs to the wall job.That wasn't when they were under Jose though and it's the only game he won at Stamford bridge.

Gobshite. I'm still reading this thread but by far the worst post in it by a long shot.

• Upvote 6