You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Guest ShoePiss
He's being judged by people at the top who have no clue about football.

I think they signed him cos he a Mac guy and not a Windows guy.....

He is? Fucking sack him now.

Of course he does.

He signed for 3 years, he hasn't even had 1.

He has made signings, by the start of next season this will be his team. He will be busy in the summer mind, we still have that striker playing in London on our books, and he has got to replace our defensive leader in Carragher which will not be easy.

not even an hour after a loss and we come up with this shit, if we won today we would be hoping for CL spots talking about other teams form. We lost so we talk about fucking with the structure of the whole club, again?

To be honsest i was expecting a whole page of your type of response.

I'm actually quite surprised at how many wouldn't flinch at binning him sooner rather than later.

We're going nowhere under this guy.

He seems incapable of learning and acting on stuff that is SO obvious, a muppet like me can see it.

Guest San Don
It isn't Rodgers fault we are where we are. Someone has to fix the mess though, and I don't see FSG hiring anyone with the kind of experience we need. If they replace him in the summer, it will be another chancer like Martinez who I won't rate either.

If he can show next season that he can learn then it will have been worth a punt, otherwise we're not going to get much worse under him anyway.

Im not convinced we are a mess, zig. Since clarke went, our defence has been shit. The players havent changed but the coaching staff have.

Our tactics and team selections resemble a scatter gun approach.

I'll make my decision at the end of the season.

I don't know, but before today I would have ignored the question.

We still had a lot to play for today, and threw up one of the worst, clueless performances we've had all season. And this at exactly the moment we thought this kind of thing might be behind us. The second half was as bad as the first.

A good team shows up for EVERY match. We don't. That's his job. Look at Arsenal today, or Villa, even the fecking blueshite. All coming off disappointments. They all won - either away or against good/better sides.

We disgraced ourselves today in a match that actually mattered. If I was an owner, I'd be on the phone right now with Rodgers.

Absolutely.

The most worrying thing about the game today was that we were completely outplayed.

If we'd had chances and been unlucky then I could understand it, but we were outplayed by a team that started the day 16th in the league with a Manager that's only been here 5 minutes and doesn't speak English.

We have lost a match...kill every cunt in the world!!!!!!!

To be fair, we've lost more than one match...

We're out of all cups and Europe and in the league, we've been demolished by West Bom twice, ridiculed by an overall ridiculous Villa -this season- at Anfield and lost easilry today by a low table "possession" team. We also have no chance of playing in Europe next season.

So it's not just "one game"

Im not convinced we are a mess, zig.

Perhaps this will help:

2009/2010 - 7th

2010/2011 - 6th

2011/2012 - 8th

This season I expect us to finish somewhere near seventh, and have done since before a ball was kicked. Fifth if I was wildly optimistic. That is where we are as a team.

I don't think Rodgers has improved us; we've taken a step forward in our attacking and two steps back in our defending.

I do think however that he's halfway through the process of getting the team playing how he wants and should at least get the chance to have a proper go at it.

Anyone who thought we would improve greatly this season after the events of the summer was incredibly naive to believe so.

"This twat" eh. Classy.

Indeed, some absolute cunts supposedly supporting this club, its almost like they cant wait for a defeat to spew their bile... 4 wins on the spin and its all quiet from most of these cunts and then a loss and all the mouth frothing bullshit starts... this is Everton level shite.

Guest San Don
Perhaps this will help:

2009/2010 - 7th

2010/2011 - 6th

2011/2012 - 8th

This season I expect us to finish somewhere near seventh, and have done since before a ball was kicked. Fifth if I was wildly optimistic. That is where we are as a team.

I don't think Rodgers has improved us; we've taken a step forward in our attacking and two steps back in our defending.

I do think however that he's halfway through the process of getting the team playing how he wants and should at least get the chance to have a proper go at it.

Anyone who thought we would improve greatly this season after the events of the summer was incredibly naive to believe so.

I stand by what I say. I dont think we are a mess. I think coaching, tactics and team selection are wanting.

I'll also make a decision on whether I think he should be given more time or not at the end of this season.

I can understand people saying dont get rid because someone like martinez may get the job but, the same can be said of the current manager. If you decide to make a change, you research who's out there and if you aim low, dont be surprised if your target is also not high profile.

We do show signs of improvement and then he nukes the shit out of it in the next game.

I think he baffles the shit out of most people, and probably the senior players too.

Actually I think the performance today was at least as much down to the "senior players" as the manager. He ballsed the selection up, but they could have at least given it a try.

The reality is that Rodgers definitely will be getting another season irregardless of what happens between now and the end of the season.

He is exactly the kind of figurehead FSG wanted.

They didn't want Dalglish because he was too old and unfriendly to the media.

Rodgers ticks all their boxes, he will get a minimum of one more season.

I stand by what I say. I dont think we are a mess.

So we disagree? There is only one way to resolve this, San Don.

DuelingPistols02.jpg

I do think he's made mistakes by the way, and like I said, I don't particularly rate him. I'm a believer though that if you give someone a job you let them have a go at it before you sack them. He was given the job of rebuilding the team and changing the style of play. That takes longer than nine months, even if you have billions to spend.

Actually I think the performance today was at least as much down to the "senior players" as the manager. He ballsed the selection up, but they could have at least given it a try.

Seeing an injured Joe Allens name on the team sheet would not galvanise any players resolve prior to kick off.

Todays decision re Allen, could be seen as the sort of watershed moment when you HAVE to conclude he doesn't get whats going on.

There's no other conclusion you can draw.

Give Carragher the job next season.

Indeed, some absolute cunts supposedly supporting this club, its almost like they cant wait for a defeat to spew their bile... 4 wins on the spin and its all quiet from most of these cunts and then a loss and all the mouth frothing bullshit starts... this is Everton level shite.

Not really, its people who have been with this club for too many years to mention, who are getting fucked off with the shite we have been lately for far too long, and are totally fed up with the mediocre crap that some people think is ok for this club to continue with.

39 years of going to the game home and away, to be served up that today? and you want me to be positive?

Barring the odd decent season with some amazing cups in between, we have been shite since KD left the first time, so dont give me crap for being fed up with what we have become.

I love this club with more of my heart than I do anything else, but to sit here and be happy with what we saw today? who is the cunt?

Far too many know it all gobshites who wouldnt have a clue what this club is or deserves, making bollocks comments, when they should be asking what the fuck is actually going wrong is the problem, not the ones who are fed up with mediocre half hearted shite from players who are paid more than the fan base added together.

If you seriously think BR is the next big thing to take us to the modern day holy grail, then god help us as a club.

He, like the owners, doesnt have the first clue.

Apologies, but I am really fucked off with today, no offence meant.

Guest San Don
So we disagree? There is only one way to resolve this, San Don.

DuelingPistols02.jpg

I do think he's made mistakes by the way, and like I said, I don't particularly rate him. I'm a believer though that if you give someone a job you let them have a go at it before you sack them. He was given the job of rebuilding the team and changing the style of play. That takes longer than nine months, even if you have billions to spend.

I slap your face sir!

Yeah I hear what you say, zig. I wouldnt say we disagree as I'll give him to the end of the season as I said. No need to make any decision now imo.