You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

its not sacking managers has been our problem

its the hiring thats the problem

and this guy rodgers would not be allowed manage near any half decent club in europe

you re deluded if you think even half of the above

And we're a half decent European club are we? Now who's deluded? You can't dine out on 2005 any more when you're barely scraping into Europe's second string competition on the back of barely scraping a penalty win against fucking Cardiff in the league cup.

Rodgers was brought in to do a job. After a tricky start he looks like he's doing a job with this team bar the odd Villa / Southampton fuckup and a couple of poor cup ties.

A fuck of a long way to go but talk of sacking the bloke a week after we beat a very good spurs club is ridiculous, though reflective of most modern supporters' attitudes. You included if you think we should have brought in Klopp / Maureen / whoever the flavour of the fucking season is; none of whom would have come here.

I don't think it ever has to be mutually exclusive. You try to manage your resources to win the trophies you're capable of winning and finish as high up the league as possible. I don't see it as either/or but if it's a choice between finishing 6th or 7th with no cups or 7th with a cup, I'll have the cup please. And I'm really, really struggling with the bit in bold.

Would you agree that we have been a decent cup side for the last two decades but this has not made us a good league side?

While our opponents like united and chelsea (in mourinho days) were both.

We need to be both, and wishing for cups but finishing in 7th is not the way forward in my opinion.

Neither does finishing a handful of points higher and winning fuck all.

I find it incredible that anyone could argue this season has been anything but thoroughly fucking abominable.

Rodgers should get another season regardless.

Absolutely but I'm prepared to have this season as a teething one. Next season I want to see undeniable progress, not one area improved weakening another in the process that's just shifting the balance. Barring disaster he needs another full season then we can make more of a judgement on the man, if he's tactically niave or stubborn to poor decisions because their his own. Summer once again is huge for us, I think if we sign a multitude of middle of the road players we will cement our place into mediocrity forever. Our scouts need to earn their pay and find more of the Suarez type players than the Allen and borinis.

And we're a half decent European club are we? Now who's deluded? You can't dine out on 2005 any more when you're barely scraping into Europe's second string competition on the back of barely scraping a penalty win against fucking Cardiff in the league cup.

Rodgers was brought in to do a job. After a tricky start he looks like he's doing a job with this team bar the odd Villa / Southampton fuckup and a couple of poor cup ties.

A fuck of a long way to go but talk of sacking the bloke a week after we beat a very good spurs club is ridiculous, though reflective of most modern supporters' attitudes. You included if you think we should have brought in Klopp / Maureen / whoever the flavour of the fucking season is; none of whom would have come here.

and rodgers wasn't?

anyone who says they wouldn't take Klopp or Mourinho over Rodgers is a liar and a scruffy cunt but yes, talk of sacking him is pathetic.

Neither does finishing a handful of points higher and winning fuck all.

I find it incredible that anyone could argue this season has been anything but thoroughly fucking abominable.

Rodgers should get another season regardless.

Absolutely but I'm prepared to have this season as a teething one. Next season I want to see undeniable progress, not one area improved weakening another in the process that's just shifting the balance. Barring disaster he needs another full season then we can make more of a judgement on the man, if he's tactically niave or stubborn to poor decisions because their his own. Summer once again is huge for us, I think if we sign a multitude of middle of the road players we will cement our place into mediocrity forever. Our scouts need to earn their pay and find more of the Suarez type players than the Allen and borinis. I mean in quality not positions.

Would you agree that we have been a decent cup side for the last two decades but this has not made us a good league side?

While our opponents like united and chelsea (in mourinho days) were both.

We need to be both, and wishing for cups but finishing in 7th is not the way forward in my opinion.

The clue is in the bit where i said "i don't think it ever has to be mutually exclusive".

Brendan Rodgers mangerial achievements:

I like how you combined your opinion of rodgers along with a list of all your decent comments on this forum. I underestimate you sometimes. you clever bastard.

Absolutely but I'm prepared to have this season as a teething one. Next season I want to see undeniable progress, not one area improved weakening another in the process that's just shifting the balance. Barring disaster he needs another full season then we can make more of a judgement on the man, if he's tactically niave or stubborn to poor decisions because their his own. Summer once again is huge for us, I think if we sign a multitude of middle of the road players we will cement our place into mediocrity forever. Our scouts need to earn their pay and find more of the Suarez type players than the Allen and borinis. I mean in quality not positions.

absolutely this.

So because we fluked a win against Spurs because they gifted us two goals we should not look at the reality of someone massively underachieving in his job and taking us backwards like it was expected before the season started?

So because we fluked a win against Spurs because they gifted us two goals we should not look at the reality of someone massively underachieving in his job and taking us backwards like it was expected before the season started?

We would have beaten City, Utd and Arsenal twice each had things not conspired against us.

con·jec·ture (kn-jkchr)

n.

1. Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork.

The clue is in the bit where i said "i don't think it ever has to be mutually exclusive".

Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards and that is where we are right now.

Fuck the cups, lets try and actually build something that competes on all platforms and in all competitions.

If Rodgers is a success at doing this, we will have a side that can compete domestically and in europe.

Even the mancs struggle in Europe with the set up they have, give Rodgers time and we could have both.

Let's get two things straight.

He hasn't taken us backwards. Neither has he yet taken us forwards.

I'm hopeful he can improve on this season however, and he will have to if he wants a third one.

I think he has taken us backwards and his preferred set up will never win us anything.

We are leaking goals, teams run straight through us and we are getting the results our performances deserve.

We did not last season and we knew that if we started to take our chances, something that was inevitable would happen with time we would be up there.

Our problems this season is down to our tactics and our set up, we are doing what every Rodgers team have done before, we are leaking goals.

If that is not taking us backwards I dont know what is?

jsims what are you talking about?

We have not competed all season, spurs we beat, thats it, in eight months, thats are only acheivement a game they shot themselves in the foot in.

You seriously think we can 'compete in europe' and outdo the mancs in europe under Rogers because we beat a few wank teams 4-1? What the fuck are you, are you even human? Because your level of understanding of reality indicates you need a lie down mate, press the log out button and dont let the forum door hit your arse on the way out.

jsims what are you talking about?

We have not competed all season, spurs we beat, thats it, in eight months, thats are only acheivement a game they shot themselves in the foot in.

You seriously think we can 'compete in europe' and outdo the mancs in europe under Rogers because we beat a few wank teams 4-1? What the fuck are you, are you even human? Because your level of understanding of reality indicates you need a lie down mate, press the log out button and dont let the forum door hit your arse on the way out.

sigh

Another "now now now" fan

We competed well against city, united and others and but for silly mistakes from average players we would have won those games.

The fact you point to "8 months" is actually laughable....you want a fucking miracle with average shit players dont you?

Another bentiez in 2005, winning something major with shit players? Well wake the fuck up, it isnt going to happen

I think the system is THE system to compete on all fronts, if we have the right players to do it. We have some shit players who lack technique, skill and guile.

I think you dont understand the reality of where your own club is and the players it has......i do

Now shut the fuck up and watch some of our shit players more closely and you will realise why we are where we are.

Through out this season, (if anyone can be bothered to go back through match thread after match thread) there is regular and widespread incredulity and bewilderment at lots of stuff Rodgers has done.

Either with initial selections, or how he adapts to those bad decisions as the game progresses.

And there's absolutely no sign of it stopping any time soon.

This latest balls up with an already injured, lightweight, Balsa Boy, midfielder, paired with the best attacking midfielder in the Prem, hoping to exert some control over the middle of the pitch does it for me.

Go on, somebody try to make sense of that?

Please, someone explain why that should happen after nearly a season in charge?

You want an alternative?

Jamie Carragher with a decent back room.