You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

When he is clearly incapable of learning or adapting or admitting hes wrong?

I know this is going to be seen as knee jerk, but can there be ANYONE alive, who would have started a game with an injured Joe Allen ahead of Lucas or Henderson today?

And then taken so long to react to what transpired.

He just isn't progressing, doesn't seem to be learning and is either stupid or stubborn where persevering with dead end signings are concerned. What is it that Joe Allen does well? Even when fit?

I don't see it.

Then, consider his motivational skills. Fresh off the back of a (slightly undeserved) win against Spurs, you'd think he could keep that steely eye on the prize for a trip to relegation fodder like Southampton.

Obliging Gerrard to stay deep because hes picked a ballet dancer as his midfield accomplice is not the way forward. Gerrard is NOT a player who will age gracefully moving back through the formation.

I don't think Rodgers knows what hes doing. Its happening too often.

Ready.

Aim.

Fire.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't particularly rate Rodgers but I think we have to stick with him for another season now we've rolled the dice.

why, though? so he can waste 10-12m on Williams and write off another season?

Deep inside you, you know what's going to happen in the summer and what will happen next season and how we're going to write off yet another season and so forth...

I don't particularly rate Rodgers but I think we have to stick with him for another season now we've rolled the dice.

Yeah, this.

The alternatives probably aren't all that inspiring.

I guess ultimately I just don't trust anyone at the club to make a decent decision about anything.

It isn't Rodgers fault we are where we are. Someone has to fix the mess though, and I don't see FSG hiring anyone with the kind of experience we need. If they replace him in the summer, it will be another chancer like Martinez who I won't rate either.

If he can show next season that he can learn then it will have been worth a punt, otherwise we're not going to get much worse under him anyway.

• Upvote 1

At the moment we are playing 4-2-4.

This MIGHT work if you have two outstanding players as the central two. Although you will still more than likely get overrun if you come up against a strong midfield three or even four.

As the OP mentioned why on earth start with an injured Joe Allen today???

Ridiculous decision!

Decision time is end of the season for me.

End of the seaon for me as well. But I'm not happy and I don't buy the improvement shite when Newcastle are in the Europa League and we are out, when Everton are above us in the League and we are out of all the rest of the competitions.

Sweet Jesus, it's like today's kind of defeat is a new thing, it's been going on for DECADES, but yeah, let's bring another manager in. That should fix it.

It's like Rodgers is going to fix it though, is it?

This season has been worse than last season and Kenny got the boot, so why does Rodgers deserve any more than that? Can't see much progress myself.

Sacking Rodgers too early just because we sacked Dalglish too early would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. Fact is, both men should have or should have had more time.

I know a lot wont like this, but if they can sack KD after what he achieved and let this twat continue, then what does it matter what we think?

Second rate owners appointing a second rate manager, giving second rate performances.

I just wish I had been born later in life so I didnt know where this club should be and what this club should achieve.

It is almost like the 60's 70's and 80's and the other odd great bits thereafter didnt happen at the moment.

We really are shite, and it breaks my heart to say that.

Where did the heart of this club go? seriously?

moores and parry you total cunts.

I don't know, but before today I would have ignored the question.

We still had a lot to play for today, and threw up one of the worst, clueless performances we've had all season. And this at exactly the moment we thought this kind of thing might be behind us. The second half was as bad as the first.

A good team shows up for EVERY match. We don't. That's his job. Look at Arsenal today, or Villa, even the fecking blueshite. All coming off disappointments. They all won - either away or against good/better sides.

We disgraced ourselves today in a match that actually mattered. If I was an owner, I'd be on the phone right now with Rodgers.

I know a lot wont like this, but if they can sack KD after what he achieved and let this twat continue, then what does it matter what we think?

Second rate owners appointing a second rate manager, giving second rate performances.

I just wish I had been born later in life so I didnt know where this club should be and what this club should achieve.

It is almost like the 60's 70's and 80's and the other odd great bits thereafter didnt happen at the moment.

Exactly how I feel. Well said.

Guest ShoePiss

Fuck that mate, seeing some of the best teams we've ever had is something I cherish especially when I've thought for quite a long time that we won't win the league in the near future.

Anyway said it ages ago, there's no point in sacking Rodgers.

Sweet Jesus, it's like today's kind of defeat is a new thing, it's been going on for DECADES, but yeah, let's bring another manager in. That should fix it.

The thinbg with Rodgers is he has an absolute world class player gifted to him in Suarez.

Can you imagine what our season would look like without him?

One week he appears to have cracked it, and then, for no apparent reason, he sends us out, set up like he's got £5mill with some Malaysian syndicate on us getting bummed.

His decisions are beyond bizarre.

PS.

I'm not suggesting hes bent btw.

Of course he does.

He signed for 3 years, he hasn't even had 1.

He has made signings, by the start of next season this will be his team. He will be busy in the summer mind, we still have that striker playing in London on our books, and he has got to replace our defensive leader in Carragher which will not be easy.

not even an hour after a loss and we come up with this shit, if we won today we would be hoping for CL spots talking about other teams form. We lost so we talk about fucking with the structure of the whole club, again?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's being judged by people at the top who have no clue about football.

I think they signed him cos he a Mac guy and not a Windows guy.....