You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I agree with you that fans are still thinking about what happened last season and as I said some want those managers that are available.Thats fair enough but instead of saying the manager has to go they should be saying they want the manager to go.

Last season is gone and it makes no sense at all for the owners to give him a new backroom and allow him to spend if they were going to sack him at the first sign of trouble.Its simply not going to happen anytime soon imo, only when cl places are out of our reach or at the end of the season will his position be considered by the owners.

Fans are acting like it's already been decided but that's far from the case, not accusing any on here as a lot have wanted him gone for a while but there is a lot of fans who have been sheep, followed others and have been influenced by the press.Ive seen some admit to this today and as I said I have nearly turned a few times aswell, a few more good performances and wins and those fans will be back behind the manager again, one win already has some seeing sense.

There is no media conspiracy against Brendan, quite the reverse. He has assiduously courted the media, and has bought himself a fair bit of extra time as a result. Bad buys? He briefs that he didn’t want them, it was the committee (SuperMario). Poor results? He briefs that he hasn’t been allowed to buy who he wanted (Ashely Williams). Your suggestion of fans being influenced by the press is insulting. Three seasons have influenced the fans- that strikes me as being fair enough.

Rafa’s problem was different, he failed to court the media at all, so when the tide turned, he had no friends and the adverse press filled the vacuum. Brendan is ensuring there is no vacuum.

As for one win and fans are “seeing sense”. As Reds we all want the team to win, and are happy when we do so. That does not mean that serial shortcomings are just forgotten.

I happen to agree with you that FSG are likely to try to sit this one out for as long as they can, short of disastrous results. But I think they are wrong to do so. In Klopp and Ancelotti we have two obvious upgrades, those upgrades may not be available when Brendan is fired. Next summer it could be Eddie Howe/ Gary Monk/ Alex Neil.

• Upvote 3

Last week, that poll on the right said that 94% of voters wanted Rodgers out. Today it's 91%. Could it be that scraping home victories against Carlisle of FUCKING LEAGUE TWO and a mediocre Villa side coached by Tactics Tim has changes the minds of many to believe Rodgers will really turn things around?

Last week, that poll on the right said that 94% of voters wanted Rodgers out. Today it's 91%. Could it be that scraping home victories against Carlisle of FUCKING LEAGUE TWO and a mediocre Villa side coached by Tactics Tim has changes the minds of many to believe Rodgers will really turn things around?

No, JP has just voted 173 times in the last few days.

• Upvote 3