You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I just can't see any way back for him even if performances do improve.

He's shown that he is incapable of setting up a defence, doesn't understand the role a DM plays (Lucas bailing him out yet again) and selects players in roles they are unaccustomed to.

His judgement is terrible.

He wanted to ship Hendo off, didn't want to buy Sturridge, got rid of all leaders in the squad (Reina, Agger, Kuyt, etc) and brought in young, meek individuals in their place.

That's without all the nonsense he chats.

How many more players or coaches get thrown under the bus before he goes? How many more players confidence will be destroyed by being played out of position?

It has to end.

• Upvote 9

This thread should have been titled " did he ever deserve the job in the first place " apologies if already said.

He's like that twat who smarms around the office all mouth and trousers, high on confidence low on content. Using buzz words and abbreviations whilst all the time looking down the young secretary's top. Massaging egos, including most importantly his own along the way. His CV is probably more padded than Beckhams crotch in a poncey underwear ad. Fucking charlatan and anyone still banging his drum needs to have his sticks taken away. Replaced with a triangle like all the other kids who cannot hear the music.

Wanting to be loved, massive ego, vanity, liking the sound of his own voice, Reading, useless blonde friend, likes using a lot of paper. Sound familiar. Derdederrerdeder........

Funny enough my mate who is a Reading fan said to me a few years ago when we were linked to him that he has the touch of the Harry Ellis (Die Hard) about him. I can see why, now.

die-hard-ellis.jpg?itok=OFbSp_-J

• Upvote 7

This thread should have been titled " did he ever deserve the job in the first place " apologies if already said.

He's like that twat who smarms around the office all mouth and trousers, high on confidence low on content. Using buzz words and abbreviations whilst all the time looking down the young secretary's top. Massaging egos, including most importantly his own along the way. His CV is probably more padded than Beckhams crotch in a poncey underwear ad. Fucking charlatan and anyone still banging his drum needs to have his sticks taken away. Replaced with a triangle like all the other kids who cannot hear the music.

Wanting to be loved, massive ego, vanity, liking the sound of his own voice, Reading, useless blonde friend, likes using a lot of paper. Sound familiar. Derdederrerdeder........

Whats wrong with looking down young secretarys tops?

• Upvote 1

I think we should tone down the personal vitriol . He's not some utter cunt and is just saying some stupid things under extreme pressure as the exit door looms large, Managers don't walk these day unless they have other jobs so really we are just waiting for the owners to make their move. I don't hate Rodgers and just think he is not good enough to be our manager. He will probably do quite well again at a smaller club and without a big squad to confuse him.

• Upvote 4

Should've been turfed out for those 3 envelopes never mind the dogs dinner being served up to us. Fucking amateur hour. 

He reminds me of that episode of Faking it where they got some lad in to fake being a football manager and he was giving it loads about the different systems etc. He spouts far too much shite, always has done and always will do.

• Upvote 1

I think we should tone down the personal vitriol . He's not some utter cunt and is just saying some stupid things under extreme pressure as the exit door looms large, Managers don't walk these day unless they have other jobs so really we are just waiting for the owners to make their move. I don't hate Rodgers and just think he is not good enough to be our manager. He will probably do quite well again at a smaller club and without a big squad to confuse him.

I agree about the personal abuse but Rodgers has brought some of it on himself with his disloyality to his coaching staff and making everything about himself when we win and being the first to pass blame after defeats.

The first thing our successful managers demanded from their players and staff was absolute loyalty. This seems to be an antithesis to Rodgers.

I would love to sit down and talk football with Rafa,Ged or Kenny and expect they'd be receptive to the idea. I get the feeling that Brendan would make the conversation all about him instead.

Should've been turfed out for those 3 envelopes never mind the dogs dinner being served up to us. Fucking amateur hour. 

He reminds me of that episode of Faking it where they got some lad in to fake being a football manager and he was giving it loads about the different systems etc. He spouts far too much shite, always has done and always will do.

He's a salesman with the motivational skills of David Brent, the PR skills of Max Clifford and more adept at spin and dodgy dossiers than Alastair Campbell. If New Labour makes a comeback after Corbyn he can head up their media operations because he's not a football manager.

Failing that he could take his snake-oil salesman act and be the new Wolf of Wall Street where he can find plenty of more gullible Yanks to part with their hard-earned cash rather than Liverpool Football Club's. 

So do I.  

No personal vitriol, fine.

But he's not getting away with talking utter shit.

He's the manager of the club I love, getting paid a fortune to do so.

And will walk away with a fortune, probably into another job, despite possibly having fucked this one up.

No sympathy or let up from me whatsoever for running his mouth off egomaniacally, and what's worse, whiningly.

I pay to talk shit on here.

He gets paid for the privilege of talking shit.  And he's shit at it.

Totally obliviously and unapologetically.

If he performed better in his job, you might forgive him running his mouth.

He could have humbly shut his gob after the win on Saturday.

Head down, move on, hopefully improve.

Instead, we get a pile of cry-baby shite.

I've got no idea what he's like as a person, but his persona as our manager is totally unimpressive and not deserving of a bona fide Liverpool supporter's respect.

I admire those fans of ours who still have time for him.

Their patience and tolerance is to be commended.

• Upvote 4

He's a salesman with the motivational skills of David Brent, the PR skills of Max Clifford and more adept at spin and dodgy dossiers than Alastair Campbell. If New Labour makes a comeback after Corbyn he can head up their media operations because he's not a football manager.

Failing that he could take his snake-oil salesman act and be the new Wolf of Wall Street where he can find plenty of more gullible Yanks to part with their hard-earned cash rather than Liverpool Football Club's.

*shakes head*

I just can't see any way back for him even if performances do improve.

He's shown that he is incapable of setting up a defence, doesn't understand the role a DM plays (Lucas bailing him out yet again) and selects players in roles they are unaccustomed to.

His judgement is terrible.

He wanted to ship Hendo off, didn't want to buy Sturridge, got rid of all leaders in the squad (Reina, Agger, Kuyt, etc) and brought in young, meek individuals in their place.

That's without all the nonsense he chats.

How many more players or coaches get thrown under the bus before he goes? How many more players confidence will be destroyed by being played out of position?

It has to end.

Rodgers can't set up a defence but we broke a defensive record set by the club last season, if the teams starts performing there's still no hope for him.Lucas a player the manager has chose to have in his squad is bailing him out.

Kuyt was gone before he took over and Reina and Agger were finished as prem players but he still deserves criticism.He also threw his best mate under the bus because he wanted to go in a different direction with his coaching staff, saying they done excellent jobs was putting all the blame on them.

Our fans base is deluded right now or blinded by hate for Rodgers, the reaction to his latest comments show that.The thing is the way fans are behaving right now is only going to help Rodgers.

Imagine if JWH or his wife looked at twitter today, he'll be getting bombarded by messages saying get BR out he's talking shite again.He'll read the interview and see BR still believes in himself and backs himself to come through this difficult period.Nothing at all wrong with what he's said and fans reaction will be another reason why the owners pay no attention to what they are saying.

• Downvote 7

All managers talk shite these days especially with the increased number of interviews and that they have to do to satisfy the 24 hour news culture and the internet.

It is his results that matter and they aren't good enough.

Win enough games and he can talk as much shite as he wants and nobody will dig him out on it.

• Upvote 1

After seeing his quotes you can only imagine the shit he must have spouted to keep his job and allow the two coaches to be let go. 

The sad thing is I don't think it took much effort.

Pascoe and Marsh are simple old schoolers. Easy offerings. Rodgers' one of the top PR boys, like Gordon. His mate.

What, the review meeting after last season took about an hour?

A joke. As long as this club can fill stadiums in Asia during the summer and the money keeps coming in they won't do a fucking thing.

• Upvote 2

All managers talk shite these days especially with the increased number of interviews and that they have to do to satisfy the 24 hour news culture and the internet.

It is his results that matter and they aren't good enough.

Win enough games and he can talk as much shite as he wants and nobody will dig him out on it.

Is the truth.  His disloyalty to his coaching staff ( as mentioned by others ) does him no favours but all the rest of the crap that he comes out with is just hot air. I hope this doesn't drag out any longer than it needs to. They are in a fucking bubble over in Boston if they believe this is going to settle down. The fella is toast and we must secure Klopp or Ancelotti whilst they are available. Drag it out till Xmas and get a turkey is the outcome I fear most.

( apologies for the festive pun) 

The fact they have consulted a marketing team to further the brand when not winning tells us all we need to know. LFC was a bargain and they can sell the best players and allow us a reasonable net spend whilst creaming profits from around the world. They know they can't compete and they don't care. Winning is a bonus to our owners - not a necessity

Let's be honest he is Mourinho without the success. Lose = deflect blame. Win = aren't I great.

No humility in either, no self awareness in either, for me no likeabilty in either.

Did anyone actually think he would do the right thing and not blow his own trumpet after the win ?

Not a chance. It's not confidence or arrogance or delusion , it's a blagger in character, he can't help it. He has gone all method actor, with no method. He has started to believe his own tripe. Full on self preservation mode has sent him over the edge. In his own world, give him some cheese, Ben Gunn Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

The sad thing is I don't think it took much effort.

Pascoe and Marsh are simple old schoolers. Easy offerings. Rodgers' one of the top PR boys, like Gordon. His mate.

What, the review meeting after last season took about an hour?

A joke. As long as this club can fill stadiums in Asia during the summer and the money keeps coming in they won't do a fucking thing.

JS68218181.jpg

That we nearly won the league is relevant to the discussion, though there are differing views on Rodgers' input. I'm just as sick of hearing that it was 99.5% to do with Suarez with Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge and the rest not being worthy of mention.

Think I read somewhere that Ancellotti wouldn't be available until November/December, which might give him a few more months in the job if that's our favoured option.