You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Far from it mate and if anyone seriously thinks that after what I've wrote then the tag applies to them, I'm giving most of you some credit and am assuming your just using the result as an excuse to moan and ask for the manager to go.

Even if BR had been tactically outdone in every area yesterday that would have not meant anything with regards to how the season will go, that didn't happen and poor decisions by players cost us the game.

If people are being serious and think that result means he should be sacked then surely Wenger and Mourinho should to, they have stronger teams and are not integrating as many new players but have fucked up as bad or worse then us so far this season.

This can probably explain that...

Wenger

FA Premier League (3): 1997–982001–022003–04

FA Cup (6): 1997–982001–022002–032004–052013–142014–15

FA Community Shield (6): 199819992002200420142015

17 consecutive seasons qualifying for the Champions League

Mourinho

Porto

Primeira Liga2002–032003–04

Taça de Portugal2002–03

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira2003

UEFA Champions League2003–04

UEFA Cup2002–03

Chelsea

Premier League2004–052005–062014–15

FA Cup2006–07

Football League Cup2004–052006–072014–15

FA Community Shield2005

Inter Milan

Serie A2008–092009–10

Coppa Italia2009–10

Supercoppa Italiana2008

UEFA Champions League2009–10

Real Madrid

La Liga2011–12

Copa del Rey2010–11

Supercopa de España2012

Rodgers

Swansea City

Football League Championship play-offs2010–11

• Upvote 6

We can argue all day about this but the troubles at Liverpool go much deeper than Rodgers,he's no one to answer too.Not since John Smith has there been a tough cookie in the board Room,he'd have Rodgers guts for garters.Ian Ayre is a commercial man and has done a good job on that side but he is no footballing man.Shanks,Paisley,Fagan,Moran,were tough,demanding men but they had to answer to the big man.It seems to me that Rodgers can come out with any load of old bull that he feels like,no one is listening.

It's more what we haven't done. Not signing a central midfield player, yet again, who can hold or dictate play is totally bonkers. Putting Milner there sitting deep is bonkers but Rodgers has made a rod for his own back by promising Milner a place in CM.

Firmino isn't going to play in his best position and Rodgers won't have a clue how to fit Benteke, Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino round each other when they're all fit (wouldn't work with only two midfielders behind them anyway).

And he's still trying to prove a point playing Lovren and starting the season with Lallana while freezing out the likes of Moreno, Sakho and Markovic and not having a clue what to do with Can.

thought markovic was a 10 and while moreno offers width he does fuck all with it as he cant cross.

I wouldn't count your chickens. I can see them sticking with him for the rest of the season.

I agree.

He has burned a lot of cash, and FSG will want to see him take some responsibility for making it work.

The problem has always been that he needs us more than we need him.

There are more than enough good players here to ensure that he can see out the season respectably but unremarkably.

No other club would give him the money he has had here, no other club will recruit him to win things. Unsurprisingly he will hang on here for as long as he can.

• Upvote 1

Even Hodgson managed to get through in the Europa League so we should be in Europe after December. Given at least 1 of the top 4 will always start slow we shouldn't be too far off 4th by December either,so it'd take a real calamity for him to be sacked before the new year. Once you get well into January/February it's too late to make a change. The problem is we'd only change the manager if the season was written off anyway so there's no point then.

How he's still in a job is just ridiculous It's Souness and 93 all over again with a board who haven't got the bottle or a clue between them to make the decisions they need to make on the footballing side. Rodgers lost all credibility after that 6-1 (or the Palace mauling in Gerrard's last home game and the Villa shambles at Wembley).

too late to make a change why? Cos we d still be able to salvage something from this season?

If a new man comes in its all getting torn up and starts a however many years new process.

time will tell but maybe the brave thing to was keep him in the job.

We can argue all day about this but the troubles at Liverpool go much deeper than Rodgers,he's no one to answer too.Not since John Smith has there been a tough cookie in the board Room,he'd have Rodgers guts for garters.Ian Ayre is a commercial man and has done a good job on that side but he is no footballing man.Shanks,Paisley,Fagan,Moran,were tough,demanding men but they had to answer to the big man.It seems to me that Rodgers can come out with any load of old bull that he feels like,no one is listening.

Moores gets a lot of stick on here, some of it justified.

But he would have had Rodgers out the door at the end of last season, saying that i doubt he would have beeen hired under him.

Rodgers isvery lucky we have absentee owners, owners who are'nt dyed in the wool Liverpool fans, but are quite happy to accept the money that comes with it.

• Upvote 2

But he would have had Rodgers out the door at the end of last season, saying that i doubt he would have beeen hired under him.

Rodgers isvery lucky we have absentee owners, owners who are'nt dyed in the wool Liverpool fans, but are quite happy to accept the money that comes with it.

Moores should have sacked Souness the day he found out that he had sold his sto

Hi all, i've been a long time reader of this site and decided to sign up yesterday.

I choose not to put up a response during and just after the game as emotions were high

but

I'm fuckin sick of the sight of him now, I can't listen to his shite anymore.

I hate being like this, the only manager who I was glad to see the back of was Hodgeson.

FSG need to sort this out and soon

• Upvote 3

Spot on mate

We need to buy the best quality midfielder we can afford or attract. Our midfield needs a quality boost because it's shit. It's so shit Rodgers should be fined for not picking it up and putting it in the bin.

Mate I am now convinced that we could have Didi,Masch,and Alonso all in their prime and Rodgers wouldn't know what to do with them.

Hi all, i've been a long time reader of this site and decided to sign up yesterday.

I choose not to put up a response during and just after the game as emotions were high

but

I'm fuckin sick of the sight of him now, I can't listen to his shite anymore.

I hate being like this, the only manager who I was glad to see the back of was Hodgeson.

FSG need to sort this out and soon

Fuck off Code.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yeah that's why moores kept souness in a job by using his block vote when the rest of the board voted for him to be sacked in the summer of 93, 94.

• Upvote 2

Moores, certainly in hindsight, should have sacked Souness in the summers of 92 and certainly 93, Evans in 98 and Houllier in 03. He didn't have the spine to get rid of Souness until it was really untenable at the back end of 93/94 after Bristol City. He didn't have the balls to cut Evans loose in 98 so undermined him with joint manager bollocks with Houllier. And when it was clear by 2003 that Houllier had lost his way he gave him another year,although at least acted well by moving him on in 2004 and getting Benitez. These clowns would have either kept him or got Curbishley who was linked at the time. The only good things Moores did was appoint Houllier and Benitez. 

These clueless dickheads have shown they've got the balls by sacking Kenny Dalglish after two cup finals and winning the league cup. I wouldn't argue with that decision if we'd got a proper manager to come in, but Kenny had more basis to stay and put it right than Rodgers did after the total shambles that last season was. He made two semi finals but we didn't beat anyone of note to get there and nearly all lower league teams via the luck of the draw. CL a calamity, awful exit from the Europa first round when we had the biggest budget in the competition with a CL place at stake, transfers a shambles and most of the league season pitiful bar a mid-season run of form.

They just didn't have the interest to sack Rodgers and have to go out and get someone else so instead replaced two won-nothing coaches with two more and gave Rodgers the noose to hang his neck with by letting him pick the signings and freeze out the committee buys for his own shite like Lovren and Lallana. 

• Upvote 1