You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Get used to seeing it.

Even if we appoint Guardiola, the minute the whistle goes on and we havent beaten someone 6-0 playing champagne football next season, young Mr Pennant will be bumping this badboy of a thread straight to the top of the page outlining what Brendan would have done 

Yeah, the real problem is that not enough people have been prepared to call BR a cunt in  every thread.

People can think what they like about his ability to manage the club, and I thought up until recently that he should be given another season to prove which season was the fluke, but the dogs abuse we've started handing out to people who are trying to do their best for the club is even more galling to me than superfans.

• Upvote 2

If the worst happens and Rodgers goes I don't expect to see any bitching next season when we are at the start of a 3 year project to challenge for a cl place, you all know that's what will happen and a lot want it to.

Also don't be crying if we do get a top manager who has a bad season and then faces the chop, if the owners give in now to fans that will only encourage them to protest more then next time they are pissed off with a manager.

I'd take all of these rumours about Klopp and Ancelotti wanting the job with a pinch of salt untill somebody with a bit of credibility says so.

That German paper were saying different two days ago and then I read people say they're a crap source. I'd still be very surprised to see Brendan go.

Rafa Honigstein seems to be giving the Klopp to Liverpool idea quite a bit of a push. Whether Klopp is getting people to do that to flush out other offers in another matter entirely.

if the owners give in now to fans that will only encourage them to protest more then next time they are pissed off with a manager.

This is gonna sound harsh but there is no chance - and by that I mean zero - that this ever crosses anyone at FSG's mind. 

Rafa Honigstein seems to be giving the Klopp to Liverpool idea quite a bit of a push. Whether Klopp is getting people to do that to flush out other offers in another matter entirely.

That could be a possibility. If he were going, i would imagine the journalists who cover the club would have said something and I think the fact we're going after signings already would suggest he's staying put.

I don't want Rodgers sacked.

He is no Hodgson. He has a big future.

What I object to is the system in which he works.

He is not qualified or experienced enough to do everything and needs a helpful DOF and he can coach.

If he won't except it out he goes.

• Upvote 2

That could be a possibility. If he were going, i would imagine the journalists who cover the club would have said something and I think the fact we're going after signings already would suggest he's staying put.

Lets see if we sign anyone of note for a fee.

Who's to say a new manager is'nt having input in any new signings anyway.

The most connected man for Liverpool news, he is going a bit easy on Rodgers, but he is old school and always backs the manager.

Tony Evans doing a webchat on The Times site for subscribers, some #LFC snippets coming up (Tin Hat time)

Evans on #Sterling, says he is keen to return to London. #LFC

24 retweets 11 favorites

Evans: Don't think #Sterling will stay at #LFC. Bridges burnt.

17 retweets 7 favorites

Evans on #FSG, says they're convinced their plan to run the club is right. Tony says he disagrees, & says wrong people executing the plan

15 retweets 8 favorites

On #LFC's centre backs eg Lovren, Coates etc "Poor scouting. They buy people who have a bit of talent but lack the basics" .. 1/2

21 retweets 10 favorites

Tony also says that #Rodgers doesn't know how to setup a defence 2/2 #LFC

31 retweets 16 favorites

Evans on #Klopp to #LFC: wouldn't be surprised if 'intermediaries' have sounded things out on both sides. Can't imagine things are advanced.

34 retweets 17 favorites

Evans on #Klopp to #LFC : Noises are that Rodgers stays, though it is unpredictable 2/2 #Rodgers

34 retweets 10 favorites

Evans: The current #LFC squad is worse than the one #Rodgers "because the captain is gone. Let's see what it's like in August,"

16 retweets 8 favorites

Evans - I would say this is not all #Rodgers's fault. I've always believed he is learning on the job. #LFC

12 retweets 10 favorites

By the way, from what I've read (between the lines), I think FSG are going to give #Rodgers that defensive coach or some reinforcements #LFC

22 retweets 12 favorites

Evans - #LFC will struggle to find a top class manager who'd want to manage in the Europa league and one with their transfer policy

20 retweets 12 favorites

Evans on whether he thinks #Rodgers will be sacked - "Can't see it, but we will see next week" #LFC

34 retweets 10 favorites

Tony Evans still doing his webchat. Says he thinks #Rodgers might stay but wouldn't bet his house on it. #LFC

14 retweets 8 favorites

Evans also says that once (if) #LFC get their top structures right then you could judge #Rodgers (whom he says he'd never have appointed)

7 retweets 7 favorites

Evans: From a structural change perspective, doesn't think #FSG will do major changes to #LFC

14 retweets 9 favorites

Evans: The only other job Rafa Benitez wants (apart from Madrid), is the one he won't get. #LFC

25 retweets 17 favorites

When will people except that people who tweet and post shite do it for no other reason than self publicity.

imagine you went for a pint tonight in a quiet pub and you heard the roar of a Harley outside.

Thinking the place was about to become a statistic in the Sons of Anarchy year book you hid behind a chair.

In walks a slightly balding, small, fat man who said the Americans were going to do him, any day.

'The Uruguayan's have gone and now I'm finished'.

Read somewhere recently that Sterling's old dear moved back to London many months ago.

It was in a piece saying how Ward had been able to assume undue influence over him due to her absence.  I thought that was spectacularly missing the key point, personally.

Can't remember which of the usual said it, was very matter-of-fact about it, not that that means anything, or that this was even worth typing, given the situation is so well-known.

Always good to read Tony Evans' outright guesses on what's happening though.  Well worth anyone's time.

So I'm trying to work out who our next manager should be, based on who would win a fight.

Rodgers looks like a proper shit house - hiding in the bogs with his lager top, so he's out.

Klopp looks nuts, and can shout really loud, but I reckon Carlo is a quiet one, but when someone looks at his birds' tits - he could go full on fuck crazy. Maybe even bitey...

So, if FSG need to me to choose - I'm going with Ancelotti.

Yet another journo with 'he may stay, but it's not certain'.

Clearly nobody knows what's going on.

The rumours from Klopp and Ancelotti's camp I suspect are them trying to sound us out without actually getting burned in case we're not on the lookout for a new boss. 'I didn't fancy you anyway' etc etc.