You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No it wasn't. Stop making things up.

Short memory's again, I was just about to bump an old Rodgers thread where I saw some interesting comments from people now on his back.

I'm not going to show a few people up but posters that are saying last season wasn't an achievement were saying at the start of last season top 4 would be an amazing achievement and some moaning about his press conferences were saying you can't help but like the guy.

• Upvote 1

The last two articles posted aren't the best, TB says Moreno has been struggling to establish himself the last few weeks when the truth is he's been injured and while he's right the owners said it would be a disappointment to not get fourth he left out the bit where they said it wasn't critical.

As for the one about him being sacked in November that looks like it was wrote by a kid, he's been sacked but they have been going after targets to keep him happy and make him believe he's staying.

Anyway it's good to see most sources are saying his job will not be under threat at that meeting and the speculation will be ended soon.

Which part of minimum requirement do you fail to understand?

Moreno was injured for two games Hull & QPR.

Short memory's again, I was just about to bump an old Rodgers thread where I saw some interesting comments from people now on his back.

I'm not going to show a few people up but posters that are saying last season wasn't an achievement were saying at the start of last season top 4 would be an amazing achievement and some moaning about his press conferences were saying you can't help but like the guy.

Quote them and then at least they can have a right of reply, otherwise it just sounds like you're some condescending weirdo who never posts complete bollocks routinely.

• Upvote 1

Which part of minimum requirement do you fail to understand?

Moreno was injured for two games Hull & QPR.

I didn't see minimum requirement anywhere in the article and the owners didn't mention anything about that so I don't know what your talking about unless your referring to your own views on what that should have been.

Moreno has been a regular apart from when he was injured so I don't think he should have been included with the players mentioned by Barrett.

On top of the grand total of one other player he signed from Swansea.

Well if you want to forget that Borini played for Rodgers at Swansea, or that Sigurdsson turned us down or that we were looking at Vorm before Mignolet or that Williams has been a long rumour and now Bony mentioned as well, that's up to you.

I think most people would argue that he does like players with a Welsh postcode.

Quote them and then at least they can have a right of reply, otherwise it just sounds like you're some condescending weirdo who never posts complete bollocks routinely.

It's a long thread and I can't be bothered searching through it but Section 31 was saying he can't help but like the guy and Doodek was saying top 4 last season would have been an amazing achievement while this season he has been giving different views on it.

So some posters saying bad things about Dalglish = we were definitely going to sack him before the cup final and everybody knew it?

Bizarre.

It's a long thread and I can't be bothered searching through it but Section 31 was saying he can't help but like the guy and Doodek was saying top 4 last season would have been an amazing achievement while this season he has been giving different views on it.

I can't believe you just named them. 

• Upvote 3

I didn't see minimum requirement anywhere in the article and the owners didn't mention anything about that so I don't know what your talking about unless your referring to your own views on what that should have been.

Moreno has been a regular apart from when he was injured so I don't think he should have been included with the players mentioned by Barrett.

End-of-season reviews are standard practice for Liverpool under FSG’s ownership and although it is routine for the manager’s performance to be scrutinised, Rodgers will go into his latest assessment in the knowledge that Liverpool have fallen short of the place in the top four that was viewed as the minimum acceptable requirement at the start of this season.

Tony Barrett.

Tony Barrett.

Time will tell if TB is right then and since the owners said in December it wasn't I'm not sure how he's come up with that.

edit, Also he seems to be contradicting himself as in his last piece he was saying FSG are setting us up to be mediocre and was using BRs par comment as proof of them being happy with 5th.

Time will tell if TB is right then and since the owners said in December it wasn't I'm not sure how he's come up with that.

Because he's a journalist and that's his job.

He's already said that his job is safe.

The threat is implicit though he won't see out next season if he has a start like this year.

It was widely reported by most sources he was off while now most sources are saying BRs job will not be under threat at that meeting.

Nah.

Dalglish to hold talks with Anfield owners at end of season over Kop future

By Sportsmail Reporter 07:12 07 May 2012, updated 07:13 07 May 2012

Talks: Kenny Dalglish will discuss his Anfield future at the end of the season

|

Kenny Dalglish has revealed will discuss his Anfield future with the club's owners at the end of the season.

The Scot, who is not under any immediate pressure from Americans John Henry and Tom Werner, will keep to his pre-planned schedule of assessing the Reds' season once the Barclays Premier League is over despite Saturday's 2-1 FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea.

With the Merseyside outfit anchored in mid-table, their final two matches - against Chelsea at Anfield on Tuesday and at Swansea next Sunday - will have nothing at stake but pride.

However, there will be no summit meeting with Henry to discuss a season which has brought some silverware in the Carling Cup.

But while Dalglish failed to get the Reds nearer to breaking back into the Premier League's elite, it is understood he will be given more time to turn his team into top-four challengers.

'The owners will do the same as us,' said Dalglish.

'They will sit and analyse the season when it is finished.

To me it proves both aren't fit for purpose.

Another two Swansea players Brendan?

He wanted Vorm, Caulker, Ben Davies, Dempsey, Tom Ince and Neil Taylor as well. And he did get Borini, Allen, Lambert, Lovren and Lallana.

It's easy to list Bertrand as he's had a good season with Southampton. Not that that means anything as we can say from bitter experience and a £50m hole on our pockets.

Hey JP, people who might have had some belief in Rodgers at some point might, as games are played, points lost, cup final's disappear, CL games fucked up and off, change their minds and decide they no longer have belief in him. Any of us are allowed to change our mind whenever and for whatever reason we want. The only time they might have to justify anything would be if a manger was winning everything in sight and even then someone could just say that they don't like him. Stop being Stalin and start using your autocorrect spelling features.

In the space of a year people on an Internet message board have changed an opinion of something, my faith in humanity has seriously diminished.

Here's some food for thought JP, if we were half decent this season and the manager hadn't signed off on a load of old shite we'd be in the top 4. Maybe it was naive of some but I doubt many thought we'd have been this negligent in all fronts this season.

Any new manager, or Rodgers if he stays, would make a shrewd move appointing big Sami Hyypia as his assistant.

A legend to remind those around him the honour they have being at this great club.

He'd try and sort out the mess that is our back line, and while not ready for the big job, be an awesome presence around the club while he learnt the ropes.

If he was appointed tomorrow I'd feel x100 more positive already

• Upvote 2

It’s difficult to see how Brendan is going to position his end of year review with Mike Gordon.

No CL football, and maybe no EL football, will hit FSG’s pockets, and they don’t like that. Brendan has also spent £120m to go backwards. With one game left we are 22 points worse off, 50 league goals worse off, but have conceded eight fewer goals.

Do FSG give him £120m to “go again”? Does Mike Gordon suggest that getting the best out of Markovic, Lambert, Mario, Manquillo, Moreno and Lovren is Brendans’ job ,since he bought them? Does Brendan claim that they were not his buys? In which case does Gordon ask why Brendan has not resigned if he is not behind the transfer committee?

Does Brendan rightly point out that if FSG had wanted a manager experienced in top end transfers, and buying a team, they should have appointed someone else, as that experience was not on his CV? Does Brendan claim that he wants to show that last year was not a one off? Does Gordon point out that those circumstances will never be repeated, so it was? Will Aidy Ward offer Berahino as a sweetener for selling Sterling? And how would Brendan react to that?

Continuity is good, but do FSG want a team continuing to go backwards, and more poor buys?

Brendan will also need to think about his own reputation versus his pay packet. Currently he still has a fair bit of goodwill. Were he to resign in the summer because of the transfer committee, he would be free to fight again, albeit at a lesser club. If he limps on through next season he will have another £5.2m in the bank, with £7.8m left on his contract, he may find re-employment at anything like this level difficult. And he has already “won”, three years as a Pl manager at a top club is no mean achievement, as is a 2nd finish.

Brendan needs PL experience like Cech and Milner, FSG do not need their wages. Has Brendan cleansed the club of experience and winners because he feels threatened, or because FSG want the old guard out?

The ambitious move is to grab a manager of the calibre of Klopp, pay him well,and fund a transfer spree. But FSG and Ayre do not like high flyers, and they may settle for the more malleable Brendan, or a replacement of his ilk like Monk of Dyche, than a manager who outguns them.

Any new manager, or Rodgers if he stays, would make a shrewd move appointing big Sami Hyypia as his assistant.

A legend to remind those around him the honour they have being at this great club.

He'd try and sort out the mess that is our back line, and while not ready for the big job, be an awesome presence around the club while he learnt the ropes.

If he was appointed tomorrow I'd feel x100 more positive already

I'd do this and allow C-Pasc to fulfil his destiny of being a labourer or landscape gardener or something. The club needs character from head to toe.

Minimum requirement is top 4 its what they have financed for. Its why Kenny got the bullet too.

And if you cant see the tone of articles written in the last few days hasnt changed, your in for a surprise. He's a dead man walking.

Oh..... And Moreno is absolute bobbins