You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Hanging onto Suarez was always ironically helped by him being banned for a load of games which would take him past the transfer window.  Made it much easier to send him away from training as we already knew we wouldn't have him for that period, so it became his problem as once his ban was up he couldn't go anywhere.

I see where you're going with this, we get Henderson to say Sterling called him a honky motherfucker and we ride out the ensuing ban. Good plan.

The last two articles posted aren't the best, TB says Moreno has been struggling to establish himself the last few weeks when the truth is he's been injured and while he's right the owners said it would be a disappointment to not get fourth he left out the bit where they said it wasn't critical.

As for the one about him being sacked in November that looks like it was wrote by a kid, he's been sacked but they have been going after targets to keep him happy and make him believe he's staying.

Anyway it's good to see most sources are saying his job will not be under threat at that meeting and the speculation will be ended soon.

I don't think anyone's particularly in the loop regarding what FSG might do. The leaks have dried up and even the briefed articles are few and far between now. Most of the previously respected sources are now peddling opinion pieces with no hint that it comes from inside info.

Whatever happens, news probably won't start emanating from these shores first.

Tony Barrett is basically saying that FSG may or may not sack Rodgers. Great insight.

Over to our Anfield correspondent, the great John Aldridge:

Whether it’s in Liverpool when I’m having a pint or elsewhere, people are coming up to me saying: “Aldo, what’s going on” and I just have to tell them that I don’t know.
  • Upvote 1

No. I just think Liotta is a bad actor.

I don't agree, but even if I did I wouldn't say it to his face.

He was originally first choice to play Tony Soprano. Extremely difficult to see the show having the same enduring qualities if Gandolfini hadn't gotten the role. 

From May 2012. We know what happened next. Similarities?

Dalglish to hold talks with Anfield owners at end of season over Kop future

By Sportsmail Reporter 07:12 07 May 2012, updated 07:13 07 May 2012

Talks: Kenny Dalglish will discuss his Anfield future at the end of the season
|

Kenny Dalglish has revealed will discuss his Anfield future with the club's owners at the end of the season.

The Scot, who is not under any immediate pressure from Americans John Henry and Tom Werner, will keep to his pre-planned schedule of assessing the Reds' season once the Barclays Premier League is over despite Saturday's 2-1 FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea.

With the Merseyside outfit anchored in mid-table, their final two matches - against Chelsea at Anfield on Tuesday and at Swansea next Sunday - will have nothing at stake but pride.

However, there will be no summit meeting with Henry to discuss a season which has brought some silverware in the Carling Cup.

But while Dalglish failed to get the Reds nearer to breaking back into the Premier League's elite, it is understood he will be given more time to turn his team into top-four challengers.

'The owners will do the same as us,' said Dalglish.

'They will sit and analyse the season when it is finished.

'That is what we said before a ball was kicked and there is no reason to change that.'

The major positive for Liverpool on Saturday was the performance of substitute Andy Carroll, who almost managed to turn the game on its head.

We must do better: Steven Gerrard has issued a warning to his Liverpool team-mates after losing the FA Cup Final to Chelsea
We must do better: Steven Gerrard has issued a warning to his Liverpool team-mates after losing the FA Cup Final to Chelsea
Carroll scored one excellent goal, when he turned John Terry inside out before rifling past Petr Cech, came agonisingly close to grabbing an equaliser and then had a shot turned away by Branislav Ivanovic that would have brought the Merseysiders level.

It was a performance that is sure to have been filtered back to new England boss Roy Hodgson.

And allowed Dalglish to underline exactly how much faith he has in the much-maligned forward.

'We have been happy with what big Andy has done since he came to Liverpool,' said the Scot.

'If the ones who were critical of him are going to be fair and honest, they might have to re-write their pieces.

'If they don't want to do that, fine. It's not my problem.

'It doesn't change our opinion. He came on and lifted the team. He got the goal and was unlucky not to get another one.'

• Upvote 1

I would make Coutinho the captain, honestly.  Shake it up a bit.  I'm still hopeful Henderson will be more of a "really good 3rd option" who gets 20 starts and another 20 appearances off the bench next season than a first XI midfielder.  

But not that hopeful, to be honest.  Our first choice midfield next season will probably be Henderson and Milner, with Allen in reserve.  8th place, here we come.

Nothing wrong with a bit of consistency.  Some of you cunts are never happy.

From May 2012. We know what happened next. Similarities?

Dalglish to hold talks with Anfield owners at end of season over Kop future

By Sportsmail Reporter 07:12 07 May 2012, updated 07:13 07 May 2012

|

Kenny Dalglish has revealed will discuss his Anfield future with the club's owners at the end of the season.

The Scot, who is not under any immediate pressure from Americans John Henry and Tom Werner, will keep to his pre-planned schedule of assessing the Reds' season once the Barclays Premier League is over despite Saturday's 2-1 FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea.

With the Merseyside outfit anchored in mid-table, their final two matches - against Chelsea at Anfield on Tuesday and at Swansea next Sunday - will have nothing at stake but pride.

However, there will be no summit meeting with Henry to discuss a season which has brought some silverware in the Carling Cup.

But while Dalglish failed to get the Reds nearer to breaking back into the Premier League's elite, it is understood he will be given more time to turn his team into top-four challengers.

'The owners will do the same as us,' said Dalglish.

'They will sit and analyse the season when it is finished.

'That is what we said before a ball was kicked and there is no reason to change that.'

The major positive for Liverpool on Saturday was the performance of substitute Andy Carroll, who almost managed to turn the game on its head.

Carroll scored one excellent goal, when he turned John Terry inside out before rifling past Petr Cech, came agonisingly close to grabbing an equaliser and then had a shot turned away by Branislav Ivanovic that would have brought the Merseysiders level.

It was a performance that is sure to have been filtered back to new England boss Roy Hodgson.

And allowed Dalglish to underline exactly how much faith he has in the much-maligned forward.

'We have been happy with what big Andy has done since he came to Liverpool,' said the Scot.

'If the ones who were critical of him are going to be fair and honest, they might have to re-write their pieces.

'If they don't want to do that, fine. It's not my problem.

'It doesn't change our opinion. He came on and lifted the team. He got the goal and was unlucky not to get another one.'

I reped this by mistake, whoever wrote it clearly had no inside info as it was well known before we even got to the fa cup final that Kenny was on his way out.