You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

If the players love Rodgers so much, how come they all clearly can't be arsed playing for him when they can see he's under pressure?

Yesterday and the fa cup semi showed that the players turning up or not is not down to a lack of effort because of Rodgers.They needed no motivation from BR for both games and most didn't turn up, it's nothing new to be fair as they are young and Coutinho and Sterling were not consistent last season either.

Rodgers even said after the semi there is a mental issue within the team when it comes to these big games, the more I see these kind of games I can understand us looking at Milner a player who goes full throttle the whole 90 mins and fights until the end.

I'd hope we'd only get rid of Rodgers if we had someone lined up to replace him, but then, you'd think the same about getting rid of Suarez, and we clearly didn't have an inkling there. Evidently joined-up thinking is too much to expect.

• Upvote 1

Well I do think Rodgers will be out on his arse if we lose against Stoke.  And perhaps even if we win.  

Rodgers should be outa here win or lose against Stoke. It's the aggregate that must count. But don't think the owners have the stomach for it as there're no hints to that effect so far. We'll soon know anyway.

I don't think it's just down to transfers.  I feel he can't set the team up to get the most out of the players he has.  We often look unbalanced front to back.  I don't see any huge motivation amongst the team.  I don't see any leadership.  

So we're asking for a miracle - a couple of world class players - ready to hit the ground running - purchased in the summer transfer window. A leader, motivator and organiser who will from day one command the respect of his teammates and the opposition.  And a balanced and effective team setup.  

Will it happen?  Unlikely.  But I know it won't happen without a new manager.

In three years Brendan Rodgers has been unable to organise a defence or midfield for the most part.

We've looked good when the attack has been good but conceded over 40 league goals in each season.

Over three years we've usually conceded 2+ goals whenever we've come up against the current top 4 (unless David Moyes happened to be managing them) and when teams like Palace attack us with pace we'll concede a few as well (9 in 3 they've scored against us in the league).

Rodgers has tried pretty much every different formation and tactical set up you could think of over three years, until he finds something that works. But it's painting by numbers and tactical managers easily figure out how to shut it down and then because he doesn't know the system well enough it's back to the drawing board to try the next one. If he wasn't so pigheaded and appointed an experienced coach or two, who are tactically sharp, then he'd have been better off. Like with the DOF though he's too arrogant/insecure for that. Like how the squad has been shipped of any leaders or characters over the three years.

Yesterday and the fa cup semi showed that the players turning up or not is not down to a lack of effort because of Rodgers.They needed no motivation from BR for both games and most didn't turn up, it's nothing new to be fair as they are young and Coutinho and Sterling were not consistent last season either.

Rodgers even said after the semi there is a mental issue within the team when it comes to these big games, the more I see these kind of games I can understand us looking at Milner a player who goes full throttle the whole 90 mins and fights until the end.

The last 10 games or so have reminded me of Kenny's last 10, there's no direction at all and the players look lost. Although at least Kenny's side turned up for an FA Cup semi. Coupled with the first half of the season and it's not good enough.

It's a good job we played the worst two sides in the league at the moment at home in QPR and Newcastle or we wouldn't have won any games since United and be clinging on to 7th place. The players were awful in the three games but Rodgers got his tactics wrong against United (Van Gaal knew exactly how to exploit the 3 at the back because he knows the system inside out), picked the wrong team at Arsenal and made a complete mess of the Villa semi final where the players just looked lost as we changed the system about 10 times during the game. The season disintegrated again from there.

Milner will be good if he's used like Dirk was. Stick him in midfield and he's simply not what we need.

Mate, every manager from Bob Paisley down is responsible for players "turning up".

Simple.