You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Ritchie, who should we have got 3 years ago, what would have happened since if we had and where would we be now?

If we were going to do what we did and abandon the whole DOF structure (for the sake of Rodgers) i'd rather we'd got a proven manager like Van Gaal who wanted the job and maybe someone else depending on who we could have got. We were struggling to attract a top manager partly because of the whole DOF thing in the job description, and just wanting a head coach, but we did away with it all anyway.

We needed someone who could implement a strategy and a style. Rodgers can't do that. He'd failed at Reading to do that. The strategy and style was already in place at Swansea when he went there. Van Gaal sowed the seeds at Barca and Bayern for their great sides and key figures there credit him for that. We needed someone who could put a real vision in place. Not just someone who can talk a good game and can bullshit gullible Yanks with dossiers. I wouldn't be overly bothered if we were sat in 5th place now but we had the foundations in place to kick on and succeed. We don't. He went to Barcelona. I enjoyed last season but all we've done is waste 3 more years and another 200 million quid because it was built on sand.

Houllier built a spine because his main focus was defence, he was a very good defensive manager. Rodgers built an attack that was as good as Houllier's defence and that was his main focus because he's an offensive minded manager. Houllier inherited a prime Gerrard, Carragher, Owen and a slightly past his best Fowler. 

Rodgers inherited Carragher on his last legs an old Gerrard and Suarez. Some of the decisions he made like making Suarez the focus of the team were inspired because at the time he was seen as a very good player but wasteful in front of goal. He jibbed Carroll straight away, again the right decision. Put Gerrard back into defensive midfield which was inspired, brought through Sterling and bought Coutinho and Sturridge. 

He spent terribly this summer, but the likes of Markovic, Moreno and Can are not lost causes, even Lallana can surprise a few people if he gets his head down and stops being a complete fanny. The rest should be binned and they will be.

If we aren't going to get the likes of Klopp i'd hate for us to bin him because the committee forced twats like Balotelli on him. Then we'll be left with a tweedledum committee that don't know their arse from their elbow. A tweedledee CEO that's the most calamitous in world football and a new inexperienced manager that hasn't got a clue, all surrounded by a bunch of American's that don't understand the game and implement the strategy. Rodgers is about the only person at the club in any position of power that i've got any respect for or is vaguely competent at their job.

Rodgers inherited also reina, a footballing keeper who fitted the system binned off in comes mignolet, agger and skrtel who he was reluctant to use, Lucas, same reluctance, youngsters coming through left right and centre like flanagan kelly sterling ibe all of whom were coming through no matter who was in charge i credit nothing to rodger developing them, the one hes meant to have mentored ace cant wait to fuck off raheem that is. So there was a strong defensive spine already there and attacking and defensive youngsters coming through it was clear midfeild needed addressing and a back up keeper and we are still there, with a weak attack without luis and a shakey defence.

If players are being forced on him then he can always veto according to him, or, if its all lies he needs to come clean if only to save his position so far as Im concerned, borini, aspas alberto, balotelli you say hes an attacking builder? Apart fromsturridge wheres his henchoz, hyppia, arbeloa, agger, skrtel, babbels?

So is it rodgers fault that now Ibe and Skrtel's contract talks have hit choppy water?

If this doesnt tell people something about what's going on at the club regarding player retention and recruitment that's outside the manager's remit, then they need to wise up.

• Upvote 5

On the three at the back thing, wasn't it basically forced on him due to an abundance of centre backs and a load of injured full backs?

Yeah definitely, everyone was saying we should start playing with wingers as wbs and have two ams playing centrally behind Sterling up front, what took him so long to do it.

• Upvote 1

So is it rodgers fault that now Ibe and Skrtel's contract talks have hit choppy water?

If this doesnt tell people something about what's going on at the club regarding player retention and recruitment that's outside the manager's remit, then they need to wise up.

Maybe all contracts have been put on hold until there's a thorough review done at the end of the season in Boston of what's gone wrong and who's responsible.

The issue of contracts has just been another major farce as a backdrop to the season. The whole Sterling situation. Sturridge getting a massive bump up to 150k a week while he was out injured. Again. Henderson being at an impasse for a few months, like Sterling, in part to do with that ridiculous contract Sturridge got. Steven Gerrard coming out in the press to lobby for a contract because he'd been promised one in the summer and was still waiting. Now Skrtel and Ibe.

It's just added to the malaise around the club this season.

• Upvote 1

We aren't transforming into Spurs. We're just being, quite uniquely, Liverpool.

Spurs wouldn't be talking about giving the boot to a manager that finished second the previous season. They just wouldn't.

Challenging for the title is something I would wager does not even come into their conversations about a new manager.

spurs would definitely sack him for failing to get CL.

It would be a spurs move for us to sack him.

If we lose the rest of our games I think he's gone. 

If we go Klopp it's going to be a hell of a ride. If we go Lord Rafe then some will have a shitfit but they'll maybe get over it a little bit when we go to Stamford Bitch and fuck the Chelseys like the rotters they are, and roll up into the final of the EL and boom, we're back you slags.

Me personally I loved the beautiful ride that Rodgers took us on, and it was a remarkable one from someone with such a small penis, but at the end of the day it's over. What we has is no longer. All that remains now are filthy sheets and half vaped e-cigarettes, a highlights reel of the SAS at their best and an old copy of Dentistry Weekly veneers special. 

• Upvote 2

You tell us.

Maybe they are uncertain about the teams prospects under Brendan? Brendan has a track record at LFC of dispensing with players more experienced than himself, so Skirts leaving would not be a shock.

There is no doubt that players refusing to sign a contract are doing so because they are worried Rodgers will get the shaft and they want to support him. Isn't it obvious?

Not really, they probably think the grass may be greener elsewhere . As for Rodgers don't see these last two games being that relevant to his future . Unlikely we will lose on Saturday anyway given the occasion

I'm starting to sense Rodgers is going to be here next season . There hasn't been any escalation of the background noise on the issue and if anything it's died back a little . Be surprised if he was for the chop that wouldn't have been picked up on by the media by now

Not really, they probably think the grass may be greener elsewhere . As for Rodgers don't see these last two games being that relevant to his future . Unlikely we will lose on Saturday anyway given the occasion

I'm starting to sense Rodgers is going to be here next season . There hasn't been any escalation of the background noise on the issue and if anything it's died back a little . Be surprised if he was for the chop that wouldn't have been picked up on by the media by now

Greener than at Liverpool Football Club.  You're having a fucking laugh, mate.

• Upvote 2

If we lose the rest of our games I think he's gone.

If we go Klopp it's going to be a hell of a ride. If we go Lord Rafe then some will have a shitfit but they'll maybe get over it a little bit when we go to Stamford Bitch and fuck the Chelseys like the rotters they are, and roll up into the final of the EL and boom, we're back you slags.

Me personally I loved the beautiful ride that Rodgers took us on, and it was a remarkable one from someone with such a small penis, but at the end of the day it's over. What we has is no longer. All that remains now are filthy sheets and half vaped e-cigarettes, a highlights reel of the SAS at their best and an old copy of Dentistry Weekly veneers special.

I understand your confidence in Rafa going to Chelsea and getting a win if here considering he never done it once in his time here in the league or cl.

Rodgers is staying and thats clear from the fact we seem to be in the process of signing new players, by the end of November most of the forum will be back up his arse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand your confidence in Rafa going to Chelsea and getting a win if here considering he never done it once in his time here in the league or cl.

Rodgers is staying and thats clear from the fact we seem to be in the process of signing new players, by the end of November most of the forum will be back up his arse.

At the end of November of this season, we were certainly all up Brendan's arse. We had 17 points from 13 games and occupied tenth position in the league. Let's hope for more of the same!

Yes he did. We also had those 3 cup victories over them, leading to two cups, that's probably also worth a mention.

Your right I forgot about the Xabi deflected goal where we done a backs to the wall job.That wasn't when they were under Jose though and it's the only game he won at Stamford bridge.

• Downvote 7

Your right I forgot about the Xabi deflected goal where we done a backs to the wall job.That wasn't when they were under Jose though and it's the only game he won at Stamford bridge.

Or if you were describing it like you normally would Rodgers, a win that ended Chelsea's 86 game unbeaten home record. That you forgot. What about those cup wins?

• Upvote 3