You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Guest davelfc

The only people that can make the decision said this last time.

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Now unless they've had a massive chance of heart, that's where they stand. So it's top four or goodnight. 

• Upvote 1

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Now unless they've had a massive chance of heart, that's where they stand. So it's top four or goodnight.

I doubt much has changed.

11 wins in 29 games in all competitions is a very poor return for the investment made.

Or maybe the current manager showed he was more capable of delivering it than the last man? 

Just a thought.

Guest davelfc

Or maybe the current manager showed he was more capable of delivering it than the last man? 

Just a thought.

Doesn't matter what we think, it's how they think at the end of the season. That said, he's their own man and they've backed him. So I can see how they might cut him a little more slack. How much, that again is up to them and of course how the second half of the season goes.

I doubt much has changed.

11 wins in 29 games in all competitions is a very poor return for the investment made.

What's changed is that they have a manager they actually want, so they'll cut him more slack than they did Kenny. Top seven gets Rodgers another season, probably even top half will do it. FSG have plenty of things they can offer up as justification if they feel the need.

As someone pointed out earlier, Emery won the Europa last season with a highly average squad and is doing very well again this season. De Boer has just won four league titles (first manager to ever do so even in Ajax's illustrious history) in his four year managerial career. You also fail to point out Blanc also won the league with Bordeaux some years ago, with nowhere near the best squad the time (didn't he also go undefeated and top his champions league group which contained Bayern and Juventus, leaving them some six points behind or so?). And, your claim that Deschamps did "nothing most recently at Marseille" is beyond stupid. He brought them their first league title after 18 years and won 3 consecutive league cups in his 3 seasons there. Add 2 French Super Cups to that and it's six trophies in three years for a team that hadn't won anything in the previous 17. The worse thing is you mention that Marseille "is a similar kind of task to lfc in regards to the league" and still didn't realise that he achieved exactly what we have longed for.

For the record, I DO NOT truly fancy any of these as our manager, but my point is please get your facts right. It's like your claim last time that Simeone had only one good year at Atletico and gone back to average now. Ffs, the guy took them from bottom half to fifth place and a Europa cup win in his first six months, followed that up by destroying champions league-winning Chelsea in the Super Cup and beating Mourinho's Real at the Bernabeu in the Copa Del Rey, and last year obviously achieved the seemingly impossible by winning the league and coming within seconds of bagging the champions league. He's already beaten Real in the Spanish Super Cup this season, one good season?

The only thing I did not know is Deschamps won a league at Marseille, if that was after psg had money for a couple of seasons then it's a very good achievement if not its winning a shit league like de boer and Blanc did.

Simeone took over a club with top players including falcao, athletico had previously won the Europa league a couple years before that and were not as weak as your making out.

I gave him credit for last season but said I've seen better, you seem to think winning supercups and topping cl groups is a big achievement, I take it you look back on 2001 as the five cup year rather then the treble.

Edit, also emery failed at Valencia a similar challenge to lfc and you called the Sevilla squad weak when they had the best player in the competition.

• Downvote 1

The only thing I did not know is Deschamps won a league at Marseille, if that was after psg had money for a couple of seasons then it's a very good achievement if not its winning a shit league like de boer and Blanc did.

Simeone took over a club with top players including falcao, athletico had previously won the Europa league a couple years before that and were not as weak as your making out.

I gave him credit for last season but said I've seen better, you seem to think winning supercups and topping cl groups is a big achievement, I take it you look back on 2001 as the five cup year rather then the treble.

Edit, also emery failed at Valencia a similar challenge to lfc and you called the Sevilla squad weak when they had the best player in the competition.

Are you on fucking crack?? Its the only reason I can think of that you're typing absolute shit.

• Upvote 5

Are you on fucking crack?? Its the only reason I can think of that you're typing absolute shit.

If you want a manager who can do what's expected with what he's got then go for any of those managers, we can dream of stabilisation and regularly being around 4th or 5th.

If we want someone who's going to get lfc where fans want us to be we need someone who can perform well above expectations.

Klopp, Simeone and Rafa would fit that category but we will not get any of them, we have a manager who has overachieved at our own club, he's going through a bad patch but I'd rather stick with him then go for someone who can do a steady job.

He's won one big trophy and a few smaller ones, I've gave him credit and said if Rodgers ever did go Id like him considered but I've seen better achievements and he'd have to win a few more big trophies before I consider him one of the very best.

Still think you're on the wind up.

Guest davelfc

What's changed is that they have a manager they actually want, so they'll cut him more slack than they did Kenny. Top seven gets Rodgers another season, probably even top half will do it. FSG have plenty of things they can offer up as justification if they feel the need.

Yeah I actually said as much after that, although none of us know. All we do know is they're pretty ruthless when they need to be. As far as top half will do it, I can't believe I read that on a Liverpool forum, that's a shocker.

Simeone took over Atletico half way through he season when they were well in the bottom half and he won them the UEFA Cup. Then he won the league. it's not really sensible to talk him down, is it?

Its complete Bonkers is what it is

Yeah I actually said as much after that, although none of us know. All we do know is they're pretty ruthless when they need to be. As far as top half will do it, I can't believe I read that on a Liverpool forum, that's a shocker.

I'm not saying he'll deserve to keep his job if we finish 7th - 10th, I'm predicting that he will keep it if that happens.

FSG have invested a lot of their credibility in him, plus I don't think they'll have much appetite to look for a replacement. Especially if they plan to look for another unproven young manager rather than one with a track record of success, which is what most people on here would expect to happen.

• Upvote 1

He's won one big trophy and a few smaller ones, I've gave him credit and said if Rodgers ever did go Id like him considered but I've seen better achievements and he'd have to win a few more big trophies before I consider him one of the very best.

He is by far the best manager that we have a remote possibly of getting.

But we'd have to pay him shit loads to lower himself to our level, so no chance of that happening.

He is by far the best manager that we have a remote possibly of getting.

But we'd have to pay him shit loads to lower himself to our level, so no chance of that happening.

Our fucking level..........

We are one of the biggest clubs in World football, We sell millions in Merchandise worldwide. We have one of the biggest followings in World Football. We give Managers funds to buy and develop their squads and pay them handsomely for it.

Who are we...... We're not bloody Stoke.

• Upvote 1