You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Guest Super Sub

I personally think it will be cruel to not give him another season but football being football I think unless our performances improve greatly and we don't challenge for the CL he is as good as gone I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He will not turn this round.

Sadly I'm beginning to wonder that myself. Its a shame because we were on the brink of something special last season, but he is beginning to show that he can't get us to the next level.

A better second half of the season and a decent cup run may change things, but I'm just not sure if he can turn things around.

Guest Super Sub

I am surprised that we haven't had any news stories that Sturridge either wants to leave or such and such are going to make a bid for him.

I personally think it will be cruel to not give him another season but football being football I think unless our performances improve greatly and we don't challenge for the CL he is as good as gone I'm afraid.

What about us?

This season has been wickedly cruel on us, Rodgers has bought the vast majority of it on himself, at least if he does bugger off he now never has to worry about money again for the rest of his life, poor old him.

Guest Super Sub

What about us?

This season has been wickedly cruel on us, Rodgers has bought the vast majority of it on himself, at least if he does bugger off he now never has to worry about money again for the rest of his life, poor old him.

Yes true, but talking about his career at LFC.

I want him gone and gone as soon as possible.

He did great last year, but ultimately we won nothing, he has wasted 120m in the summer and we have regressed big time.

We look lost, he looks lost and the longer he stays now I feel the worse it's going to get.

Rodgers looked dreadful post match

Worst points tally ( based on 3 for a win) after 16 games since 64/65 . Bloody Hell !!

Pass me the fucking bolt gun quick

• Upvote 1

Rodgers looked dreadful post match

Worst points tally ( based on 3 for a win) after 16 games since 64/65 . Bloody Hell !!

Pass me the fucking bolt gun quick

I feel for him as he is clearly a hood lad, not a Shithouse like Hodgson and he cares about the club, that I believe.

But he can't get away with what he did in the summer - Best part of 120m to take us backwards and backwards at some rate of knots.

The results we are getting is a totally fair reflection on what he has assembled for that spend.

For that reason he has signed his own death warrant. Assembling such a mediocre collection of players for that outlay, failing to get the right players to play in the way how we looked good last season and failing to address our glaring problems is just not good enough. Not when you have been handed that kind of money.

It's sad but he is a dead man walking, he knows it, the club knows it and I would guess most fans know it really. Act now and the rebuild can start, wait and this could get very ugly as confidence, belief and morale deteriorate further.

All on the manager today. And i mean all of it.

The players tried all thery could.

But as soon as i seen the line up today, i said to my mate.  They will score at least one goal today were the player is completely unmarked because no-one will know who is picking who up.

I Didnt think all 3 goals would come to unmarked players but there you are.

He is just chucking darts now, to try and find a formula, he has'nt got a fucking clue..

I said he should see out the season, but bad results against the arse and bornemouth could be the end.

I am surprised that we haven't had any news stories that Sturridge either wants to leave or such and such are going to make a bid for him.

That's because he's been injured so they have picked sterling as the player to leave. Give Sturridge a couple of months back and those types of stories will appear.

Yep, as each game goes by now his decisions are getting more and more absurd, it's quite some going.

The fans at the start that called him a bluffer were right.

I called him a northern irish bluffer (and I northern irish btw) completely masked by the utter brilliance of luis . Anyone on this forum could have managed a side with luis starting regularly in it . Sad as changing managers not good for a club but bring on nearly relegated kop he's my man

• Downvote 1

I feel for him as he is clearly a hood lad, not a Shithouse like Hodgson and he cares about the club, that I believe.

But he can't get away with what he did in the summer - Best part of 120m to take us backwards and backwards at some rate of knots.

The results we are getting is a totally fair reflection on what he has assembled for that spend.

For that reason he has signed his own death warrant. Assembling such a mediocre collection of players for that outlay, failing to get the right players to play in the way how we looked good last season and failing to address our glaring problems is just not good enough. Not when you have been handed that kind of money.

It's sad but he is a dead man walking, he knows it, the club knows it and I would guess most fans know it really. Act now and the rebuild can start, wait and this could get very ugly as confidence, belief and morale deteriorate further.

I've said it before but most of the players are not shit, Line them up behind a couple of top strikers and provided the manager sets them up correctly we would see a different Liverpool . I would defy any team in the league to mount a challenge behind the strike force we have at the moment. Its fucking criminal and Rodgers should be sacked , 

I've said it before but most of the players are not shit, Line them up behind a couple of top strikers and provided the manager sets them up correctly we would see a different Liverpool . I would defy any team in the league to mount a challenge behind the strike force we have at the moment. Its fucking criminal and Rodgers should be sacked ,

Fair.

It all comes back to those summer transfer dealings.....totally fucked us up and unless we suddenly have the funds to get in the two mobile, intelligent forwards we need then things aren't going to improve.

That's not even thinking about the defensive shambles and the lack of protection our midfield gives them.

It's a fucking mess.

We kept a few clean sheets recently with Toure instead of Lovern and Lucas helping protect the back 4, then goes away to OT and pick that midfield and defence.

He's losing the plot. And that's not even mentioning Brad "dives out of the way" Jones.

So in short he's spent a lot of money made us worse at the back and fucking awful upfront.

I think Rodgers is a deadman walking.

This is a huge issue for me. We weren't playing well, but looked a bit more difficult to break down.

So, even as Rodgers alluded to, the thing to do is retain that tougher foundation, build on it, keep some clean sheets and grind out results.

But he had to tinker with it. God knows why? But he changed the lot. Personnel, the system. The goalie too. It's a change that could be warranted, but to chuck Jones in against United is borderline lunacy.

I'm grateful for the ride he gave us last season, so won't get into the mocking of his teeth and personal life etc, but he's coming across as a deluded and clueless soul in his post match interviews too.

The signings have been terrible. Lovren just gets worse and worse by the game and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI.

I think he's maybe been a bit over confident today, thinking United were there for the taking, whilst forgetting that we were too.

Big couple of games for him.

For me, he stays for now but if we win nothing, or the results don't pick up over the next 3-5 games, serious questions need to be asked.

• Upvote 2

Id just point out that even a better manager cant do anything if both sterling and balotelli have 3 chances each and dont get the ball past the keeper.

It's the fact that due to our wasting of masses of cash in the summer that we are in a position that those players are being relied on to take the chances that is the problem.

One isn't a finisher, he basically shoots with zero power, he's a creator more than a finisher, the other has a lousy goal return in this league.

It's the fact that due to our wasting of masses of cash in the summer that we are in a position that those players are being relied on to take the chances that is the problem.

One isn't a finisher, he basically shoots with zero power, he's a creator more than a finisher, the other has a lousy goal return in this league.

I think we all agree the summer was a bad window. There's not a lot that can be done about it now so its a question of trying to make it work.

One isnt a finisher (sterling)? I disagree there. If you're wanting more than £70k a week as a 20 year old, you should be able to bring something more to the table than just being able to run with a ball quickly.

Im not hanging the lad out to dry but, I dont recall people saying he wasnt a finisher when he found the net against city and a few others last season. Granted, his confidence may be shot but hey, if you want big bucks, expect questions when you dont deliver.

I though balotelli had a real go with his attempts. Doesnt look like he's going to break his duck here though.