You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

So we've got the point where a manager isn't allowed a bad season? Every season has to see us progressing?

That isn't realistic given the previous ownership and our general decline since 2009. If Rodgers were to go now then we'll just become another club with a revolving door policy for managers.

He's fucked up this season and our activity in the transfer market has been disastrous. The progress we made in his first season and last season means he should be given until the summer to turn it around. If we finish way off the top four and don't do anything in the cups then maybe there's a decision to be made, but nobody is going to come in now and make us that much better than we already are.

Everyone is frustrated and wants to see us doing better but changing the manager every 2 years isn't the way forward.

I disagree . He's out of his depth and needs to go. 

Conceded 1.25 goals a game since he took over yet spent a fortune on defenders and a keeper. 

And if you play an expansive game as we did last season, you're going to conceed goals. I have no knowledge of an out and out attacking team in football not conceeding goals.

That said, Ive repeatedly said the manager needs to look at his defensive coaching or defensive coaches. It is something that needs to be addressed. But people also need to be aware the style we'd then play wouldnt be that of a team that's strong defensively while scoring shitloads of goals.

So we've got the point where a manager isn't allowed a bad season? Every season has to see us progressing?

Progressing? How about not fucking regressing. We are 18 points off top - any hope of progressing to winning the league is long gone. We're 10 points behind the mancs, 4 wins, and only 2 points ahead of Aston Villa.

That's unacceptable, really, or should be.

Last season, even when we were winning games (like Norwich away) you could see that the front 3 were papering over some pretty big cracks. Now we don't have two of them and the 3rd isn't playing at last seasons level, they have been exposed, and personally, they are much worse than I thought.

How can a club like ours, having spent what we have, be in a position where we don't have quality in any position? Our goalie and defence are wank. Glen Johnson has played LB, RB and today as a 3rd CB, and he's been shit in all of them. Lovren has not turned in a 9/10 performance since we bought him. One week Moreno is playing, then he gets bombed out. Manquilo?

The Welsh Xavi must have naked pictures of Rodgers - that can be the only explanation why Lallana gets hauled off every game ahead of him - and one week Lucas is our best player, the next week he's dropped. And it's not even a surprise anymore. I'm now starting to think he's just picking the team out of a fucking hat.

I don't have to moan about the attack - because we don't have one.

I like Rodgers, and think he is a decent coach, but, if you're managing Liverpool, your decisions are going to be analysed a lot more than at Swansea - and for me, he's made too many that haven't worked.

• Upvote 8

Its ok saying last season was papering over cracks but no one was saying get rid, were they?

I dont know the reasons why this season has turned into a car crash although could hazard a few guesses!.

The result today isnt a major surprise, I hoped we could get a draw. I can see what rodgers meant by we could have got more out of the game. With better finishing and a lino who knew the offside rule it might not have been so bad.

Everyone including me is gutted it was 3-0 to them, I hate losing 1-0 to that lot. But the time to take stock should be the end of the season. The owners may act in a couple of games. I dont think we'll be seeing cash flashed in the January window. Expect loan signings at best and I hate the loan system.

If he was a club legend and had actually won things he'd be treated worse than he's being treated, which I guess is a sign of the times. As it is, he badly needs to win his next game. It doesn't help that his captain, who last season was urging the club to 'sign this manager up for as long as possible,' has now clearly lost faith in him, and all of the other players. 

• Upvote 1

It's looking like the last transfer window will get him the sack. He's persisiting with Lovern who's costing us goals every single time he plays. And as for Balotelli. It says everything that he actually done well when he came on but is just shit. Shooting from 40 yards when better options are available and then missing straight forward chances.

We kept a few clean sheets recently with Toure instead of Lovern and Lucas helping protect the back 4, then goes away to OT and pick that midfield and defence.

He's losing the plot. And that's not even mentioning Brad "dives out of the way" Jones.

So in short he's spent a lot of money made us worse at the back and fucking awful upfront.

I think Rodgers is a deadman walking.

• Upvote 1

Its ok saying last season was papering over cracks but no one was saying get rid, were they?

I dont know the reasons why this season has turned into a car crash although could hazard a few guesses!.

no, neither do i. But then we're not being paid a couple of million quid a year to make sure it doesn't happen. And really, do you think a couple of loan signings is going to turn this around?

He's a walking contradiction. He fills the team with diminutive players yet wants them to stay on their feet and fight, he buys Lambert and Balotelli and then wants to play fast free flowing counter attack football. He courts Lallana all summer then doesn't play him. He raves about how great Lovren is then drops him. He tells everyone how Steven Gerrard in the DM role is a revelation then fucks him off. He tells us all summer how this squad can challenge for the title then in December he compares them to his first season here.

He doesn't have a clue, he's making things up on the spot, tactics, post game interviews, press conferences, it's all smoke and mirrors. If you want to stand by your players stand by them and have some gumption. Play Lallana, Lovren, Gerrard at DM and play the 433 or the diamond the players are used too. Ride it out rather than upping sticks and fucking it all off the second it starts going pear shaped.

if your going to stand by a player stand by Mario Balotelli who's been treated like shit from the moment he's arrived, stand by Steven Gerrard, not non entity's like Glen Johnson, Lucas and Joe fucking Allen.

• Upvote 6

no, neither do i. But then we're not being paid a couple of million quid a year to make sure it doesn't happen. And really, do you think a couple of loan signings is going to turn this around?

I dont think the owners will sanction much if any spending if they are monitoring whether to keep him on or remove him in the summer. Thats why I think we may only see loan signings.

You're right, we arent paid millions to make decisions. But there again, its always easy to use hindsight or, when there's no pressure on you to deliver to say he should do this or that.

He's a walking contradiction. He fills the team with diminutive players yet wants them to stay on their feet and fight, he buys Lambert and Balotelli and then wants to play fast free flowing counter attack football. He courts Lallana all summer then doesn't play him. He raves about how great Lovren is then drops him. He tells everyone how Steven Gerrard in the DM role is a revelation then fucks him off. He tells us all summer how this squad can challenge for the title then in December he compares them to his first season here.

He doesn't have a clue, he's making things up on the spot, tactics, post game interviews, press conferences, it's all smoke and mirrors. If you want to stand by your players stand by them and have some gumption. Play Lallana, Lovren, Gerrard at DM and play the 433 or the diamond the players are used too. Ride it out rather than upping sticks and fucking it all off the second it starts going pear shaped.

if your going to stand by a player stand by Mario Balotelli who's been treated like shit from the moment he's arrived, stand by Steven Gerrard, not non entity's like Glen Johnson, Lucas and Joe fucking Allen.

You say "walking contradiction"', I say 'Billy Bullshitter'.

Guest davelfc

It's easy to pile on the manager when things are down but you're spot on. 

It's painful to watch and I can see why there are people who think we should carry on. To sack him and start again admits defeat and sets us back to the start again. It also costs us as much as it might cost for a half decent player. We've been here several times before and it's ridiculous.

I personally don't believe he can fix this, I think it's gone too far. I think with the benefit of hindsight that he purchased poorly in the transfer window and that he's unable to manage the squad he has properly.

He's admitted he's having problems with the reduced training times which is like saying he'd be happier with mid table team that just had one game a week. 

We have a chance in Europe if our owners can get their heads from up their arses and recruit an experienced manager now. It's probably our only chance of grabbing a CL spot. 

Ayre needs throwing back to the commercial side and we need a decent CEO, the owners need to realise appointing inexperienced managers is a high risk strategy along with buying young potential. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if the owners were looking to shift us on, we're a bottomless pit for cash when it comes to being shite. 

• Upvote 1