You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

What I don't understand is that 7 months ago, he was a slip away from being the biggest Liverpool managerial icon since Bill Shankly.

What a load of shite. RAWK need to realise that coming in and trying to talk like Shankly does not make you the biggest managerial icon since Bill Shankly. I find that fucking offensive to our past managers to be honest.

• Upvote 4

The rest of the post was too long for me to be arsed reading.

In short, Baby Brendan is finding it tough, compromising his principles to appease us, and needs FSG to warm some milk in the bottle warmer, and go "Agagoo goo goo goo goo" while tickling him, to make him feel secure. Pure fucking RAWK.

• Upvote 2

If you had continued reading you would have saw it said he has had to compromise his football priniciples in the last month because of the pressure he is under and people moaning about the defence, since palace he has changed things around because of pressure.

No. He's had to play more defensively because we can't  score and we were getting twatted by the likes of Villa and Palace. 

If the bloke who had the job before him got sacked for coming 8th in the league, and winning the league cup, then that has pretty much set the bar for what is not acceptable.

I have no idea what FSG are thinking, but if I'd been signing the cheques that they have and then I had to watch Skrtel playing up front in a must win CL match, I wouldn't be best pleased.

He gets another season from me for 2 reasons:

1 Last season. While it was the suarez and sturridge show, he improved most of the team except for the back 4 and played some great stuff.

2 We need some consistency. We can't keep jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. I haven't the stomach for yet another building project. Give him next year, with no excuses available to him, and see how he goes. If it's Crap, fine. Fuck him off cos we'll know he's 100% not up to it.

After that. Fuck knows.

• Upvote 1

1 Last season. While it was the suarez and sturridge show, he improved most of the team except for the back 4 and played some great stuff.

2 We need some consistency. We can't keep jumping ship at the first sign of trouble. I haven't the stomach for yet another building project. Give him next year, with no excuses available to him, and see how he goes. If it's Crap, fine. Fuck him off cos we'll know he's 100% not up to it.

After that. Fuck knows.

I agree. ripping it up and starting again would be a kick in the balls.

No but there are plenty of reasons that could be made for this, most of them have been gone over.

A bad four months does not mean that he can not turn it around and should not overshadow all the good work he has done.

No they haven't been gone over, no valid argument has been made. Tell me about Basle and the team he picked, why it was the right one, how he expected Lambert to play on his own, Enrique, I could go on. If what he was doing had any logic behind it, any idea of intent, I'd say ok, you might be right, but your argument for him seems as coherent as his managerial decisions.

Sorry mate, it's just opinions I know.

After that. Fuck knows.

As in this season and next season?

I'd give to the end of this season no matter what. We're not getting relegated and anything below 4th is a lost season. Of course, that's without a trophy.

People get 3 year contracts for a reason. One good year followed by one bad year is a bit biblical sounding and not sound practice for keeping him on. In any case, it's up to him to produce the results necessary for staying on past the end of this season.

I agree. ripping it up and starting again would be a kick in the balls.

It feels like we have done that anyway after spending a fortune in the summer, a fortune that has failed to strengthen our main weaknesses and failed to adequately compliment, provide cover for and build on our strengths. Or adequately replace what made us extra special last season.

We are now playing a totally different way because of these failures.

As in this season and next season?

honestly yes. This season has been a cluster fuck of epic proportions and mistakes have been made but I'd like to think that we'd have proper backup to sturridge and that the cart horses will be gone. Granted he should have prepared for sturridge being injured but I doubt anyone thought he'd be out for this long.

I'm not a big fan of Rodgers but I think he deserves a chance.

• Upvote 1

If we give Rodgers until the end of the season it means giving him more money in January,otherwise we might as well get rid of him now.

we ll have to give a new manager money regardless.

we desperately need a striker who will want to runnin behind and maybe even score goals. if we can get a keeper and a dm as well then great but goals are the priority

honestly yes. This season has been a cluster fuck of epic proportions and mistakes have been made but I'd like to think that we'd have proper backup to sturridge and that the cart horses will be gone. Granted he should have prepared for sturridge being injured but I doubt anyone thought he'd be out for this long.

I'm not a big fan of Rodgers but I think he deserves a chance.

Fair enough. I think the chance he deserves is the rest of this season.

This season

1. results have to improve

2. the football has to improve

3. put a run of 5 victories together as soon as possible and then see where we are.

if these things dont happen before the end of the season then its probably going to end up as shit as it is now

then it will be difficult for him to keep his job

So what represents in people's views which are saying 'give him until the end of the season' taking his chance come the end of the season and staying for the next one?

During his first season here I wasnt impressed. I was undecided until the last few games of the season.

I then decided he had to be given another season with transfer funds to see how he and the team progressed.

Last season was, in my opinion, the best football I've seen consistently from a team since the King's team.

Yes, it has gone tits up this season, there's no getting away from that. But, given where Liverpool FC is as a club nowadays, Im not currently of the opinion that changing the manager is drastically going to alter things.

Managers nowadays dont have the luxury of bringing in players at any time of the season as in years ago. All the business has to be done in two narrow windows and one of them is worse than fucking useful since no one really wants to do business in it except to move on the dross they dont want.

I also personally think chopping and changing a manager every year or so doesnt improve a club's standing in attracting good managers. Yes, we all know about Real, they are in a class of their own.

Im prepared to give rodgers backing to the end of the season. Even then its the owners who'll pull the trigger.

I just wonder who we'd get if we did make a change although that in itself isnt a reason not to. Would we entice a klopp, simone or a martinez type manager? Who knows.

So what represents in people's views which are saying 'give him until the end of the season' taking his chance come the end of the season and staying for the next one?

It's a slightly arbitrary figure, but no more than five points from 4th, or win one of the three cup competitions.

Aside from just results, I want to see huge improvement in our defence, or rather our defensive record (as its keeper, defence, midfield, set pieces, etc, more than just who he picks at centre back).

Utilise the players you have. I don't care if you'd rather Borini wasn't here. I'd rather he wasn't here either, but he is, and he's a better option on the bench than having no other strikers. Similar with Suso (when he returns from injury). Even if he signs a contract with Milan in January, the earliest he'll be leaving is at the end of the season. So use him, because he's good at football.

I want to see him being more proactive with tactical and personnel changes during matches. Everyone watching the game against Basel could see after about five minutes he'd got both horribly wrong, he sat their like a spectator until half time. That isn't good enough.

I don't really care what he says pre or post match, but I find the sycophancy about certain players (especially Gerrard) to be fucking annoying. It isn't fair on Gerrard, with the unnecessary added pressure on him (there is already plenty), and it's often done as an alternative to taking responsibility for how shit we were. Stop pretending comprehensive bummings were because we didn't get that "wee bit of luck we needed". It just sounds stupid, and adds to the Hodgson like lowering of expectations. They weren't helpful then and they aren't now either. He doesn't have to dig out individual players, just be more honest. As Gerrard is post match. But as I said, what he says is of almost no importance compared to what he does. 

• Upvote 2