You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous that sacking him is even being entertained. Why wasnt this thread started after we beat Spurs? The people jumping on the bandwagon to get him sacked have been wanted him out for months but havent said it for fear of being jumped on so they continued with sly little digs and picked on everything he said or done until they plucked up the courage to come out and say it. I seen this coming a mile off.

You cannot just keep sacking managers with the position the club is in at the moment. It isnt feasible to give one person 12 months of bedding in with a new squad of players, then decide it isnt working, sack him, appoint a new guy and rinse and repeat for the next 12 months.

Ever since Rodgers has come in we have seen steady improvement in the league. We have been improving week on week with a little blip every 4/5 weeks. That is what happens. Our goal tally has improved significantly. Our defence has started shipping goals as a result but not one person on this forum can say they would have minded us letting in a few more last season so we could fix what was a blatant problem in the team. It's not a surprise and no matter who was in charge the exact same thing would be happening.

If he is sacked this summer, we will be worse off because it will be another manager with another man's group of players bar the 2 or 3 he has signed himself. He has done in signing Coutinho and Sturridge, so that's the attacking problems seemingly sorted, so let him tinker with his system in the summer and sort out the defence before a proper judgement is made.

This season was always about laying the foundations, we knew that last summer.

Spot on .

Some serious knee jerk reactions on here. Yesterday was a bad day at the office,it happens.He`s a young manager he`ll make mistakes hopefully he learns from them.

Definitely needs more than a season to prove his worth.Its a pity uniteds board were`nt as rash as some on here in the early years of fergusons reign and we would`nt have had to put up with the last 20 years.

• Upvote 1

Spot on .

Some serious knee jerk reactions on here. Yesterday was a bad day at the office,it happens.He`s a young manager he`ll make mistakes hopefully he learns from them.

Definitely needs more than a season to prove his worth.Its a pity uniteds board were`nt as rash as some on here in the early years of fergusons reign and we would`nt have had to put up with the last 20 years.

I really wish people wouldn't come out with this crap.

It happened once. Once for fucks sake.

Just by sticking with shit managers and not sacking them doesn't mean you'll get 20 years domination like the scum.

Should we have given Hodgson 20 years???

I really wish people wouldn't come out with this crap.

It happened once. Once for fucks sake.

Just by sticking with shit managers and not sacking them doesn't mean you'll get 20 years domination like the scum.

Should we have given Hodgson 20 years???

No we should`nt give anyone 20 years but more than 8 months fuck yes or otherwise we can just keep changing every season and just keep going around in circles because i dont think theres any manager out there that could sort out our mess in less than a season.

No we should`nt give anyone 20 years but more than 8 months fuck yes or otherwise we can just keep changing every season and just keep going around in circles because i dont think theres any manager out there that could sort out our mess in less than a season.

Would be nice if we picked a manager qualified though wouldn't it.

There are managers out there that have been proven, have been successful, but the powers that be chose to approve Brendan.

If your in control of an ailing business you would appoint the best available. Clearly at that time Brendan wasn't. Plenty of people said as much at the time.

YES. Without any debate whatsoever. The idea that anybody starts a new job and everything goes well is nonsensical. Regardless of what he says he probably looked at all our defenders and thinks I want new ones but this is the shite i've inherited so I need to make the best of it. Our full backs our great bombing forward but can't defend AND all our defnders make inexplicably terrible mistakes. I hope Agger and Skrtel both go for loads of cash - Skrtel looks the part but isn't and is in reality a lightweight and Agger under pressure looks like me in my work skivving off for a ciggy . Sometimes centre halves need to be the last man standing and despite the mayhem going on around them carry the team, even under loads of pressure. Ours fold.

There are managers out there that have been proven, have been successful, but the powers that be chose to approve Brendan.

If your in control of an ailing business you would appoint the best available. Clearly at that time Brendan wasn't. Plenty of people said as much at the time.

It is not FSG's policy to appoint the best available, it is to appoint those whom they can manage easiest.

Ayre, was, and is, not the best MD available. We have no DOF, even though there are have been a number of distinguished candidates. We did not appoint the best Communications Director available. The Board has no football experience on it at all - again numerous non exec appointments could strengthen in.

Rodgers was not the best available, he was amongst the easiest to manage as he had less PL experience than Ayre and FSG and was just grateful for the job. That does not mean that he does not have some admirable qualities, and promise, he does. Nor does it mean that he cannot enjoy some success- he can.

It does mean that the pursuit of excellence at Anfield is fundamentally flawed under this regime.

I'm a little disappointed that a thread like this exists. Not just on this website, but on the mass amount of Liverpool forums. It's a little embarrassing really.

You can argue there's always a better manager out there, they probably don't want the job. I don't really remember when Kenny was sacked a mass amount of quality managers that were fighting each other over the job.

We chose Rodgers, there's obvious some thought behind his appointment considering the amount they've invested. Though, they could just appoint some of the mongs on here because they clearly think Rodgers is thick and will never success.

Nominations please....

What an abortion of a thread.

Yeah, let's sack the bloke who's delivering bit by bit improvement because we lost a game of football to Southampton.

Fucking mongs.

Yep - after every single defeat we get this, all ignore the argument that the reason we still get defeats like this is beause we are not good enough - and have not been good enough since 2009, when we started getting results like this!

Shit match from start to finish - you could tell they weren't up for it, off the ball they were constantly letting Southampton run past them, tackles were not won, passes missed - fucking cunt of a day. Nice journey mind you. But cunt of a day.

What an abortion of a thread.

Yeah, let's sack the bloke who's delivering bit by bit improvement because we lost a game of football to Southampton.

Fucking mongs.

he has spent large sums of money and we have disimproved overall

you should take a look at yourself for an abusive post like that

those shouting loudest on here tend to have the weakest argument

it goes along the lines of he's only had eight months

thats plenty of time to give evidence of his abilities

there has been no credible evidence provided that this guy deserves to be our manager and most of the evidence points to the opposite conclusion

the longer he stays the harder any recovery will be

this is not a knee jerk reaction

i've been consistent in this view

• Upvote 1

We are 3 points better off than we were at this stage last season - and that is on the back of a poor start, so there is a valid argument to say that we have improved - we could, quite easily improve both in place and points by the end of the season.

Which - considering the comparison argument at the start of the season, was the key barometer for improvementat - it is only fair that it still should still be used as the barometer.

Yep - after every single defeat we get this, all ignore the argument that the reason we still get defeats like this is beause we are not good enough - and have not been good enough since 2009, when we started getting results like this!

Shit match from start to finish - you could tell they weren't up for it, off the ball they were constantly letting Southampton run past them, tackles were not won, passes missed - fucking cunt of a day. Nice journey mind you. But cunt of a day.

the quesgion is not whether the tyeam is good enough

the question is whether rodgers is the right guy to be managing

my opinion is he has no real understanding of what this club should be aiming at or how it should get get there

• Upvote 1

We are 3 points better off than we were at this stage last season - and that is on the back of a poor start' date=' so there is a valid argument to say that we have improved - we could, quite easily improve both in place and points by the end of the season.

Which - considering the comparison argument at the start of the season, was the key barometer for improvementat - it is only fair that it still should still be used as the barometer.[/quote']

Fair point and why the decision should be made at the end of the season.

Mind you, we had guaranteed European football by winning a cup this time last year so if European qualification is a barometer then we still have some work to do.

he has spent large sums of money and we have disimproved overall

Have we really? We are going to finish higher than last season and with more points and goals as well.

He's spent a lot of money, granted. But vast amounts compared to previous managers? Has he wasted as much as previous managers? After 8 months I don't think you can say he has.

it goes along the lines of he's only had eight months

thats plenty of time to give evidence of his abilities

Is it really. Why don't you go and support Chelsea if that is how you feel.

Because you don't judge a manger on 8 months of rebuilding.

there has been no credible evidence provided that this guy deserves to be our manager and most of the evidence points to the opposite conclusion

Again we are going to finish higher than last season and with more points and goals as well. That means he will have improved us. So you are wrong in my opinion.

the longer he stays the harder any recovery will be

Behave

this is not a knee jerk reaction

i've been consistent in this view

Yeah you are right there. Consistently wrong.

the quesgion is not whether the tyeam is good enough

the question is whether rodgers is the right guy to be managing

my opinion is he has no real understanding of what this club should be aiming at or how it should get get there

And that is your opinion, and you are welcome to it. But, you argument that we are not improving is only a subjective argument - it isn't based on facts and you shouldn't really be pulling up others on having 'weak arguments'.

The problem with arguing consistency is that it can also be seen as stubborness!

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous that sacking him is even being entertained. Why wasnt this thread started after we beat Spurs? The people jumping on the bandwagon to get him sacked have been wanted him out for months but havent said it for fear of being jumped on so they continued with sly little digs and picked on everything he said or done until they plucked up the courage to come out and say it. I seen this coming a mile off.

You cannot just keep sacking managers with the position the club is in at the moment. It isnt feasible to give one person 12 months of bedding in with a new squad of players, then decide it isnt working, sack him, appoint a new guy and rinse and repeat for the next 12 months.

Ever since Rodgers has come in we have seen steady improvement in the league. We have been improving week on week with a little blip every 4/5 weeks. That is what happens. Our goal tally has improved significantly. Our defence has started shipping goals as a result but not one person on this forum can say they would have minded us letting in a few more last season so we could fix what was a blatant problem in the team. It's not a surprise and no matter who was in charge the exact same thing would be happening.

If he is sacked this summer, we will be worse off because it will be another manager with another man's group of players bar the 2 or 3 he has signed himself. He has done in signing Coutinho and Sturridge, so that's the attacking problems seemingly sorted, so let him tinker with his system in the summer and sort out the defence before a proper judgement is made.

This season was always about laying the foundations, we knew that last summer.

Good stuff, Robbie.

[/b]

Have we really? We are going to finish higher than last season and with more points and goals as well.

He's spent a lot of money, granted. But vast amounts compared to previous managers? Has he wasted as much as previous managers? After 8 months I don't think you can say he has.

Is it really. Why don't you go and support Chelsea if that is how you feel.

Because you don't judge a manger on 8 months of rebuilding.

Again we are going to finish higher than last season and with more points and goals as well. That means he will have improved us. So you are wrong in my opinion.

Behave

Yeah you are right there. Consistently wrong.

well done sir - the old you are wrong argument

you want to compare rodgers performance to the two previous managers who also failed to improve the team in any meaningful way

we are more or less the same in terms of league performance and we exited all cups in a pitiful fashion despite having the most in-form striker in the league

i agree he's not much worse than hodgson or dalglish

on the other hand while we had some poor performnces under dalglish i cannot remember as many piss-poor ones as we have had under rodgers and we regularlt gave the top four teams the runaround without getting the results

any decent club with meaningful ambitions would have this guy out of the club pronto

your acceptance of this level of performance means you are one of the many consenting explicity to this bullshit mediority

please give me some evidence of meaningful improvement?

and before you go there - scoring more goals while having your arse handed to you regulalry at the back is not improvement unless you really know little about the overall objective of a football game which I actually think may be the case with you

Edited by Soleilrouge
typo