Quantcast
Best phone out there right now? - Page 6 - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Tom R

Best phone out there right now?

I would like to put the S4 as the best phone out there ATM. Although I upgraded from a Blackberry so my experience of smart phones is limited, comparing the OS and the apps to the iPad then I would have too presume that wit is much better than the iPhone.

Yeah its apparently the daddy of all phones.

Probably wait a couple of months before I lurk for a new phone. Maybe it might go down in price or there might be another contender.

There'll always be a new one just around the corner. At some point you just have to take the plunge

Finally took the plunge and got a smartphone. Went with the Nexus 4. Love it.

And because its from last year and the 5 will be out soon, it was as cheap as chips. I'm not much of a technophile anyway, so its good enough for me. Its on jellybean, which I guess is a good thing.

Best phone out there.

When I went to buy, I tried out the Xperia SP as it was closer to my price range (I bought the phone outright as I didn't want to get tied to a contract, and prefer the flexibility of prepay). It came down to that and the Nexus, and I just preferred the Nexus. Xperia was nice though.

One of the things that was making me hold off getting a smartphone was the cost of the iPhone, and also that I'd read lots of things about Android not being as easy to use as iOS.

Now, I've only had my Nexus a week, and I accept that theres no way of saying this without sounding cunty, but I'm finding it an absolute piece of piss. Either the online media are overplaying the non-userfriendlyness of Android, or maybe I'm not as technologically dense as I thought I was. I want it to be the second one.

One of the things that was making me hold off getting a smartphone was the cost of the iPhone, and also that I'd read lots of things about Android not being as easy to use as iOS.

Now, I've only had my Nexus a week, and I accept that theres no way of saying this without sounding cunty, but I'm finding it an absolute piece of piss. Either the online media are overplaying the non-userfriendlyness of Android, or maybe I'm not as technologically dense as I thought I was. I want it to be the second one.

What does iOS stand for?

You may have read that my Samsung S2 met its maker in undignified circumstances. However, Homebase coughed up for a replacement so all is well.

Now, I wasnt totally sold when I first got it but apart from the odd niggle I really like it. I didnt hestitate in going for the same as a replacement, even though I've had to order it. My contract is up in April and I really have no desire to upgrade so am thinking I may just move on to a SIM only deal.

Tell me what I would be missing out on

All this Apple is easiest to use? Seriously if you struggle with android you need slapping also as for ease Windows Phone wins by an absoloute mile. I never seen such a well made easy to use OS even with the specs what they are the Lumia 820 was imo as good as my S4 in terms of usability it has pissed on any phone i ever owned. and thats just a 820 the new 1020 must be amazingly good.

As much as I love smartphones they are seriously shit as phones. I dont seem to be able to have a conversation without cutting someone off

What does iOS stand for?

You may have read that my Samsung S2 met its maker in undignified circumstances. However, Homebase coughed up for a replacement so all is well.

Now, I wasnt totally sold when I first got it but apart from the odd niggle I really like it. I didnt hestitate in going for the same as a replacement, even though I've had to order it. My contract is up in April and I really have no desire to upgrade so am thinking I may just move on to a SIM only deal.

Tell me what I would be missing out on

iOS is just the operating system (OS) for Apple products, equivalent to Android or Windows. The little "i" is an Apple thing. iPad, iPod, iPhone, iPreferAndroid.

Other question, Missing out on in respect of what?

iOS is just the operating system (OS) for Apple products, equivalent to Android or Windows. The little "i" is an Apple thing. iPad, iPod, iPhone, iPreferAndroid.

Other question, Missing out on in respect of what?

I got the i but hadnt figured the OS out. Obvious when you know.

Missing out. As in, in what ways have phones moved on in the last 2 years?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've got an Android at the moment, which I've had for a couple of years now. I'm not a fan of the OS really, but it's not hard to use. I'll probably be getting the iPhone. As a Mac user, it just makes sense because they integrate way better than the android things. I'm using a third party app at the moment, and it's shit. I think I'll give iOS a shot this time around. The only thing that really puts me off the iPhone is the smaller screens. They're being stubborn, because I think a 4.7 inch iPhone would sell like hotcakes.

I can imagine the Note 3 being awsome. Its as powerful as a Alienware M15

Erm, what? According to their site, that comes with an i7 processor. No mobile phone or tablet is going to be as powerful as a gaming laptop with an i7 processor.  

I've got an Android at the moment, which I've had for a couple of years now. I'm not a fan of the OS really, but it's not hard to use. I'll probably be getting the iPhone. As a Mac user, it just makes sense because they integrate way better than the android things. I'm using a third party app at the moment, and it's shit. I think I'll give iOS a shot this time around. The only thing that really puts me off the iPhone is the smaller screens. They're being stubborn, because I think a 4.7 inch iPhone would sell like hotcakes.

also Mac user, but going the other way from iPhone to Android. I accept that syncing stuff will be a pain in the arse, but, if I want a 32Gb 5S on sim only, £629 is a piss take when I just bought a 32Gb Nexus 5 for £339.

I'm going to try and sync all the calendars and stuff through Google locker - but sort of expecting it to be a bit shit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

also Mac user, but going the other way from iPhone to Android. I accept that syncing stuff will be a pain in the arse, but, if I want a 32Gb 5S on sim only, £629 is a piss take when I just bought a 32Gb Nexus 5 for £339.

I'm going to try and sync all the calendars and stuff through Google locker - but sort of expecting it to be a bit shit.

There might even be a built in app for that, mate. My phone is old now, so it might be improved these days. It's not like the ol' days, when Mac users all knew each other by first name. There are a few of us these days. I'll take a look at the Nexus 5 when it comes out.

I got the i but hadnt figured the OS out. Obvious when you know.

Missing out. As in, in what ways have phones moved on in the last 2 years?

I'd be the wrong person to ask seeing as I've only just bought my first smartphone, and didn't even have a mobile for about a year before that. And my last mobile was the most basic one imaginable. No technophile me.