You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

How, in your opinion, it is different?

Quality of the opinions shared and of debate is a big one. General community feel is different. People grow older and do other things, so again that's not a criticism it's just the natural flow of things, I guess. Who knows, maybe it has stayed the same and I'm the one who has changed. Maybe it's both. The world has certainly changed.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Quality of the opinions shared and of debate is a big one. General community feel is different. People grow older and do other things, so again that's not a criticism it's just the natural flow of things, I guess. Who knows, maybe it has stayed the same and I'm the one who has changed. Maybe it's both. The world has certainly changed.

It’s not you, it’s us.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

When you haven't posted regularly for a long time it's really difficult to get back into the swing of it, I don't think I'll ever post regularly again, but I'll always be around. I have never provided quality opinion on anything however. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The general community feel is still very good, in my opinion. Yes, there is bickering and occasional name-calling, but the good outweighs the bad. People show genuine concern for others, help and advice is asked for and offered, we have collections for those in need and TSOP seems boss.

Opinions are subjective. The quality of debate can still, at times, be decent. There’s always going to be plenty of repetition, though. People have their views and beliefs and as such are often unwilling to concede ground, meaning discussion goes round in circles.

People come and go. Unfortunately, a number of very good posters have either left altogether or contribute less frequently than they used to. There will be various reasons but I think it’s worth noting the popularity of Twitter, which is now far busier than internet message boards and forums.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

The general community feel is still very good, in my opinion. Yes, there is bickering and occasional name-calling, but the good outweighs the bad. People show genuine concern for others, help and advice is asked for and offered, we have collections for those in need and TSOP seems boss.

Opinions are subjective. The quality of debate can still, at times, be decent. There’s always going to be plenty of repetition, though. People have their views and beliefs and as such are often unwilling to concede ground, meaning discussion goes round in circles.

People come and go. Unfortunately, a number of very good posters have either left altogether or contribute less frequently than they used to. There will be various reasons but I think it’s worth noting the popularity of Twitter, which is now far busier than internet message boards and forums.

Yeah, but on the other hand we fucked off that cunt silverlining. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

How, in your opinion, it is different?

I still love the forum like I love boobs, cheese and a good rum but not acknowledging it's change is like saying things are the same now as the 80s. It's got a lot more political, music and breakfast obsessed on the GF and repetition on the *f is higher than ever. Honestly if someone else mentions SteveO on the Evert*n thread again, I'll tell you word for word what they'll say. Overall the humour has swayed massively, probably suiting my age. 

I'll never find a remotely similar forum in terms of opinions I agree with that won't be expressed anywhere else. The forum has genuinely improved me as a person whilst simultaneously confirming how much of a cunt I am. 

• Upvote 7