You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I mentioned Stringy the other day but it seems he's on holiday. Northern France and Belgium I believe,visiting the graves of fallen WW1 comrades. Respect to the old guy.

He visited his old battalion in the Terracotta Army. Made some good mates back in the day by all accounts 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2019 at 16:48, Evelyn Tentions said:

Arthur Freidenreich hasn't been around lately. I know he has health issues so I'm hoping he's OK.

Had a lot to sort out with transplant, getting ASD confirmed and sorted, I was fucking worn out, so took a break until i could finish up t work, just had the odd anonymous duck in to the funny pictures thread and the adidas thread waiting for the sl72 update from Mook

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Had a lot to sort out with transplant, getting ASD confirmed and sorted, I was fucking worn out, so took a break until i could finish up t work, just had the odd anonymous duck in to the funny pictures thread and the adidas thread waiting for the sl72 update from Mook

They came out a few weeks back, apologies for the lack of an update. I'm constantly skint at the moment so have been trying to avoid looking at trainers...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401916044441

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

They came out a few weeks back, apologies for the lack of an update. I'm constantly skint at the moment so have been trying to avoid looking at trainers...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401916044441

cheers Mook, will try and grab the blue ones, still gt the back ones in decent nick

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

nabbed the blue ones, will have to let the missus know i've blown my cut of the $380 she won on the melbourne cup today, she can't complain as she has gone to see the chemical brothers without us tonight, surgeon didn't think it was wise for me to attend

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

how's sydney treating you Al?

Sound ta Cevan. Weather is glorious at the moment and working between Haymarket and Manly is pretty cool given the commute and said good weather. It's been a really good move thinking back mate. I miss the GC but opportunities here are so much better it's not even comparable. How's life in Melbourne for you and your beautiful Mrs more importantly, and how's the health?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, the chimp said:

Sound ta Cevan. Weather is glorious at the moment and working between Haymarket and Manly is pretty cool given the commute and said good weather. It's been a really good move thinking back mate. I miss the GC but opportunities here are so much better it's not even comparable. How's life in Melbourne for you and your beautiful Mrs more importantly, and how's the health?

when the weather is great there are not may better places than sydney mate, me bro in law bought a flat in Vaucluse, we headed down arse end of april to a little beach around the corner from watson's bay and it was fucking sound man.

got other mates from Sydney who are now moving north, due to cost of kids schooling, but he's a Morrissey had so becoming a redneck fits him now.

Melbourne is sound, fits us well with the cultural stuff. Ive had some good work options down here, Alex likes it and her cousin lives down here so we catch up with them a fair bit and building decent group of buds.

should be out the hozzy tomorrow, kidney function >50% now so massive  change, 11 weeks left off over the summer (just got an enforced house move in a few weeks, which is a pain in the arse, but will be for the best).

2020 looks promising all around.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Furmedge liked one of my Tweets today. Made me wonder why he doesn’t post very much anymore. Forum royalty, one of TLW’s top boys, part of the furniture and future hall of fame inductee. But enough about me. In 40 years when our children’s children are posting on the GF, they’ll look back on us with real disdain if we keep allowing our good posters to quietly slip away. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

@Furmedge liked one of my Tweets today. Made me wonder why he doesn’t post very much anymore. Forum royalty, one of TLW’s top boys, part of the furniture and future hall of fame inductee. But enough about me. In 40 years when our children’s children are posting on the GF, they’ll look back on us with real disdain if we keep allowing our good posters to quietly slip away. 

Agreed. Anyone who shows the slightest sign of leaving should be chained up to a computer in Dave's basement.

Try deserting us now, y'bastards.