You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monty is on Facebook always trying to recruit people for his football team's veterans' squad. Depressing times.

Next time ask him if Jiggers is getting a game. He is honestly the worst sportsman I’ve ever seen but used to play with SM.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Meant as a joke, as I'm sure the negging by rotpeter was. 

You were quite right.

If you spend any time on the site you should be contributing. 

It’s quite clear that it’s Dave’s business and if you value the time you spend on here you should be supporting it. We’d be sorry if it wasn’t here

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Champ said:

You were quite right.

If you spend any time on the site you should be contributing. 

It’s quite clear that it’s Dave’s business and if you value the time you spend on here you should be supporting it. We’d be sorry if it wasn’t here

Hear hear. Of course contributing financially should be optional but it makes sense to ensure it stays online. 

I for one hope Dave Usher knows his worth. Carry on up the Liverpool way. 

Yes, and I'm sure telling people they "should" contribute will be a winning formula.

It is none of anyone else's business whether someone contributes or not. It is entirely their choice. You (the generic "you") have absolutely no idea the financial situation of other forumites. Maybe they haven't been paid that month, maybe they've had a stroke of bad luck and need to fork out for something, maybe fuck all has happened. Whatever the case, it's none of your business. Nor do you know if they are contributing via donations, but simply don't have any interest in being a "gold member". Perhaps they find the occasional tedious lecturing of FFers sufficiently tedious to think "well, fuck paying to read your patronising shite twice". For every person that posts a "well, I have been inspired to contribute..." perhaps there are two more that have thought "who the fuck are you to tell me to pay to read a website". If people feel they want to contribute to the site they will, and anyone attempting (seriously, rather than in jest) to guilt trip people into doing so, is being a tit. It's rico behaviour. 

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, and I'm sure telling people they "should" contribute will be a winning formula.

It is none of anyone else's business whether someone contributes or not. It is entirely their choice. You (the generic "you") have absolutely no idea the financial situation of other forumites. Maybe they haven't been paid that month, maybe they've had a stroke of bad luck and need to fork out for something, maybe fuck all as happened. Whatever the case, it's none of your business. Nor do you know if they are contributing via donations, but simply don't have any interest in being a "gold member". Perhaps they find the occasional tedious lecturing of FFers sufficiently tedious to think "well, fuck paying to read your patronising shite twice". For every person that posts a "well, I have been inspired to contribute..." perhaps there are two more that have thought "who the fuck are you to tell me to pay to read a website". If people feel they want to contribute to the site they will, and anyone attempting (seriously, rather than in jest) to guilt trip people into doing so, is being a tit. It's rico behaviour. 

Good post. 

59 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It is none of anyone else's business whether someone contributes or not. It is entirely their choice. You (the generic "you") have absolutely no idea the financial situation of other forumites. Maybe they haven't been paid that month, maybe they've had a stroke of bad luck and need to fork out for something, maybe fuck all has happened. Whatever the case, it's none of your business. Nor do you know if they are contributing via donations, but simply don't have any interest in being a "gold member". Perhaps they find the occasional tedious lecturing of FFers sufficiently tedious to think "well, fuck paying to read your patronising shite twice". For every person that posts a "well, I have been inspired to contribute..." perhaps there are two more that have thought "who the fuck are you to tell me to pay to read a website". If people feel they want to contribute to the site they will, and anyone attempting (seriously, rather than in jest) to guilt trip people into doing so, is being a tit. It's rico behaviour. 

Yikes 

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Sorry if my post appeared to be specifically directed at you, Champ. Inspired, perhaps, as your post was obviously in close proximity, but it really wasn't a dig at anyone specifically. It's just something I find a little uncomfortable on the site. 

The joys of text, eh...in the same way that I think mine was probably interpreted more strongly than intended. I am not that person

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...