You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Banshee

Sugar Ape

That may have been their best episode so far. As well as being tremendous fun, they even threw a bit of self-deprecation in there, to their credit. I know nobody on here will be remotely interested, as you all watch the show for it's artistic merit, but the Amish girl rubbed one out in the first 5 minutes. I think that's when you know you're watching world class TV, when you get a bit of masturbation before the opening credits have even rolled.

• Upvote 2

I think it's likely we'll see Hood take out a transvestite heavyweight boxing champion in a brutal 8 minute encounter at some point.

Close, but no cigar. It was just a heavily tattooed, 6ft 4 Native American man who purposely stabbed himself during the fight. 

You must feel ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

I am waiting until it finishes then marathon this season. As good as season 1?

Well, I didn't think season 1 was good. It's got roughly the same level of violence and sex, but it's added some humour and self-awareness about how insane it all is, which gives it some charm. Renewed for a third season, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to say that the neo-Nazis attacking Emmet's wife and, essentially, forcing her abortion is the most horrific and ugly thing I've seen in a TV show. Then, I remembered I had watched OZ. So, this only barely makes the top 10, but it was still pretty heinous.

Just read this about the final episode.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Continuing with my sneak preview reviews of Banshee - this time, episode 2.10, the season 2 finale, set to air March 14, 2014 - courtesy of a screener disk provided by HBO/Cinemax. As always, these reviews will deal in generalities and avoid specific spoilers.

As I've hinted at and even said point blank in previous reviews, this finale is fabulous, in terms of action, surprises, and changes that will affect all of Banshee that comes after. In short, it is one best season finales of any series I've seen, and is well worth waiting for.

One way of telling you what the finale is about without giving away specific details is that there are at least five significant deaths. There actually are far more, but by "significant," I mean characters who have played some sort of major role on the show. Here's more about these deaths:

None are by natural causes (sorry, couldn't resist, you already knew that).

2 are heartbreaking, and 3 are very satisfying.

The 5 deaths take place in 3 different locales.

In 1 of the 3 satisfying deaths, we don't know until the point of death that this will happen, and in fact it looks up until that point that the killer will be killed.

All 5 deaths in retrospect are completely logical - but 2 are out of the blue, and, in the case of another, we didn't see it coming at all.

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Banshee series 2 today (giving my eyes a break before diving back in for some more), but I am swiftly coming to the conclusion that Banshee is the greatest program in the entire history of telly.

The acting is right up there with Monkey, The Water Margin and Mr Benn, and there's incredible pussy galore, absolutely dripping out of every single episode.

How many other series have made me guffaw out loud several times throughout every single episode ? Hmmm, still thinking.

Pissing myself at this beauty...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

"Do you know what's worse than getting your testicles crushed with a baseball bat ? Getting them crushed again..."

WALLOP.

Magical.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...