You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 7 months later...

There's a small counter restaurant I go to for goat roti. Mom and Pop ran,they're from Guyana. 

He makes his own hot sauce and it's firewagon hot but he also has another he keeps under the counter, he calls it 'not for the white man hot sauce'.

I haven't dared to try it. You have to gain his trust before he'll even consider it. 

1 minute ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

There's a small counter restaurant I go to for goat roti. Mom and Pop ran,they're from Guyana. 

He makes his own hot sauce and it's firewagon hot but he also has another he keeps under the counter, he calls it 'not for the white man hot sauce'.

I haven't dared to try it. You have to gain his trust before he'll even consider it. 

Hahahaha 

• 2 months later...
On 06/03/2013 at 13:16, celeryBADboy said:

This is the Chilli that left me with my dick in a glass of milk be careful theres hot and theres a dorset Naga if ou for consumed as it is it will scar you for life. Thanks to that the slightest things hot i am not able to eat anymore.

I miss Si

On 10/12/2018 at 19:23, Bjornebye said:

Does anyone remember when Sharwoods released this as a limited edition? Blew my fucking head off. Could only manage 1 mouthful. My nose was stinging when I was bloody cooking it. 

bhut20jolokia20Lge.png

Fuck, that's the same as the chilli I ate raw once, 1mil on the scoville scale. No wonder it blew your head off. Sucks it was limited edition though, would've liked to have tried it.

• Upvote 1

Bought some Tesco birdseye chillies yesterday- mix of green/red and orange ones.

Simply chopped a few up and chucked them onto a cooked pizza (as opposed to heating the chillies themselves) 

Was amazed how hot they were- had to start dipping the pizza in sour cream towards the end. 

Reading some posts on here they must be small time hot compared to what some of you have eaten you mad loons

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Bought some Tesco birdseye chillies yesterday- mix of green/red and orange ones.

Simply chopped a few up and chucked them onto a cooked pizza (as opposed to heating the chillies themselves) 

Was amazed how hot they were- had to start dipping the pizza in sour cream towards the end. 

Reading some posts on here they must be small time hot compared to what some of you have eaten you mad loons

I'm the same mate, a Jalfrezi is my limit. 

What do you lot get out of eating these ridiculously hot chilli's? Is it the challenge or do you like pain?

49 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm the same mate, a Jalfrezi is my limit. 

What do you lot get out of eating these ridiculously hot chilli's? Is it the challenge or do you like pain?

You build up a tolerance to it and the ludicrously hot ones give you an adrenaline and endorphine spike.

Went out for dinner with another couple once. He was a Korma fanny so is my Mrs. I was the big man and ordered a Madras as I'd had it before and it was hot as fuck in this place.

His Mrs, a tiny little 5ft 7st girlie girl, ordered a Lamb Naga Bhuna. I'd never heard of it and while i'm saying no tah to the kind offers of some chicken korma saying I like a bit more spice she said try mine its pretty hot.

So I did. Fucking hell. 1st spoon full was Ok second had me sweating, coughing and downing cobra. She just munched away.

• Upvote 1

Although these days I'm definitely  a jalfrezi man, back in the day a phaal was my thing, definitely a case of the hotter the better. 

Must be going back some 25 years when after a band practice, me and 2 of my mates found ourselves in our favourite Indian sat at a table next to these 2 middle aged couples. 

Anyway, the waiter comes out to their table with this skillet contain thus ferocious looking, bubbling jet black liquid. 

Curiosity piqued, our lunatic singer asks what it is. The fella who's meal it is explains that it's a phaal, but an extra hot one. He goes on to explain that he'd just returned home after a 3 month stretch of working on a south east Asian gas rig and this phaal is like a blob of ice cream compared to to food he'd been eating on the rig. 

Not perturbed, my mate cheekily asks the fella if he could try some. The fella obliges and my mate shovels a big tablespoon of this ungodly looking liquid into his mouth. 

Now my mate was a phaal veteran himself, but I will never forget the look which accosted his face at that moment, a look of sheer horror, terror and panic as realisation dawned that he'd made a potentially life threatening mistake. 

He pushed his chair away and literally ran for the toilet as we all fell about laughing. 

After about 10 minutes, the door opens and Stevie walks back out the toilet, covered in sweat, unsteady on his feet and his face beetroot red. We're all bad with laughing as he sits back at our table. 

He turns to the women who's sat next to the fella who's phaal he'd eaten, and asks her, "Is this your lad? "

"Yes", she says

"Well whatever you do, don't let him lick you out when you get home! "

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Although these days I'm definitely  a jalfrezi man, back in the day a phaal was my thing, definitely a case of the hotter the better. 

Must be going back some 25 years when after a band practice, me and 2 of my mates found ourselves in our favourite Indian sat at a table next to these 2 middle aged couples. 

Anyway, the waiter comes out to their table with this skillet contain thus ferocious looking, bubbling jet black liquid. 

Curiosity piqued, our lunatic singer asks what it is. The fella who's meal it is explains that it's a phaal, but an extra hot one. He goes on to explain that he'd just returned home after a 3 month stretch of working on a south east Asian gas rig and this phaal is like a blob of ice cream compared to to food he'd been eating on the rig. 

Not perturbed, my mate cheekily asks the fella if he could try some. The fella obliges and my mate shovels a big tablespoon of this ungodly looking liquid into his mouth. 

Now my mate was a phaal veteran himself, but I will never forget the look which accosted his face at that moment, a look of sheer horror, terror and panic as realisation dawned that he'd made a potentially life threatening mistake. 

He pushed his chair away and literally ran for the toilet as we all fell about laughing. 

After about 10 minutes, the door opens and Stevie walks back out the toilet, covered in sweat, unsteady on his feet and his face beetroot red. We're all bad with laughing as he sits back at our table. 

He turns to the women who's sat next to the fella who's phaal he'd eaten, and asks her, "Is this your lad? "

"Yes", she says

"Well whatever you do, don't let him lick you out when you get home! "

Nice!

5 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

You build up a tolerance to it and the ludicrously hot ones give you an adrenaline and endorphine spike.

There must be something in this- someone on here said that after melting their teeth with some mad chilli they described a feeling of "euphoria"

I find I can eat hot chillies chucked on things but when its in a sauce- eg curry- I cant cope. Have to eat it as fast as I can as I know that once Ive had the first mouthful its a stopwatch of around 5 minutes until I have to bail out even if Im hungry

Think I’ve mentioned before about some jerk chicken I had in a locals only hut in Jamaica. I’d been eating all week in the resort and it was lovely.

Went on the piss with a local old Rasta guy and he took me to this place. Hottest thing I’ve ever eaten,to the point of days later still unable to swallow. All the locals were pissing themselves at me downing tins of red stripe in one go.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

There must be something in this- someone on here said that after melting their teeth with some mad chilli they described a feeling of "euphoria"

I find I can eat hot chillies chucked on things but when its in a sauce- eg curry- I cant cope. Have to eat it as fast as I can as I know that once Ive had the first mouthful its a stopwatch of around 5 minutes until I have to bail out even if Im hungry

I see you live in Dorset, have you ever tried the chili festival in the summer over at Wimborne St. Giles? It’s an excellent day out and you get to try all manner of free tasters, including all the extracts which go up to 10 million scovilles and beyond.

One year I tried this stuff called something like 15 minute burn, which they were spraying into your mouth like tear gas. I’d been put onto it by a couple of fellas who were rolling round on the grass holding their faces with a big crowd watching them. One of them ended up spewing his ring up in front of them all.

Anyway, some of my acquaintances there allegedly appeared to be doing various other substances, but for the next period of time I felt no less wired and addled than any of them. I was absolutely buzzing my tits off as though I’d snorted something. And in fucking agony, obviously.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I see you live in Dorset, have you ever tried the chili festival in the summer over at Wimborne St. Giles? It’s an excellent day out and you get to try all manner of free tasters, including all the extracts which go up to 10 million scovilles and beyond.

One year I tried this stuff called something like 15 minute burn, which they were spraying into your mouth like tear gas. I’d been put onto it by a couple of fellas who were rolling round on the grass holding their faces with a big crowd watching them. One of them ended up spewing his ring up in front of them all.

Anyway, some of my acquaintances there allegedly appeared to be doing various other substances, but for the next period of time I felt no less wired and addled than any of them. I was absolutely buzzing my tits off as though I’d snorted something. And in fucking agony, obviously.

Its gained quite a reputation in these parts- Ive not been yet but having read the above may pencil in a visit this year.

With a crate of San Miguel and some sour cream dip for medicinal purposes .... 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Have just had my first phall, was serious pain. It was from my favourite Indian place but for some reason only just saw it recently on the menu, could have been newly added or I'd not noticed it before.

At first it wasn't too bad, but I knew that with stuff like this it'd soon get worse as I ate more. Ended up drinking through half a litre of milk just to ease the burning, and had to wait until the actual natural heat of the meal had cooled right down.

For some reason that's one of the worst bits for me, the natural heat of the food added to the pain that's already there from the chilli, fucking crazy. Don't think I'll be having one again. Glad I managed to finish it though, even if I was in a state getting there.

38 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have just had my first phall, was serious pain. It was from my favourite Indian place but for some reason only just saw it recently on the menu, could have been newly added or I'd not noticed it before.

At first it wasn't too bad, but I knew that with stuff like this it'd soon get worse as I ate more. Ended up drinking through half a litre of milk just to ease the burning, and had to wait until the actual natural heat of the meal had cooled right down.

For some reason that's one of the worst bits for me, the natural heat of the food added to the pain that's already there from the chilli, fucking crazy. Don't think I'll be having one again. Glad I managed to finish it though, even if I was in a state getting there.

The worst bit is yet to come mate 

• Upvote 2