You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sunday 10/03/13, 4PM

And if Downing had gone off he wouldn't have been there to take advantage. Dude.

Who said i wanted downing off ? i just said that i didn't agree with bringing on allen for coutinho. And i still think that were poor today apart from the first 30mins. Happy to win though ;)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like him, though I read the whole thing with growing incredulity; Xerxes's purple prose is truly eccentric.

I reckon he knows perfectly well what he's about and it's all done tongue in cheek. (If not, he's a Grade A loon).

Yup. It's defo tongue in cheek. He's winning me over lately. His post match reports are becoming the stuff of legend. You can't supress genius like this (or is it insanity?).

People are never happy yeah we didnt play that great against spurs but your talking about a settled team thats been together a few years now,with very good players who in team building are a couple of years ahead.Sometimes we havent won when we shouldnt have but today we have won when really they should have shaded it,a couple of hard players who get stuck in and defend well and next year we will push on,we are heading in the right direction

Clueless

That change was the right one as it stopped them bossing the midfield

It didnt do any such thing. They bossed the midfield from start to finish, and the possession (55%Spurs) says it all. One bad Spurs error and a penalty (genuine) got us home.

Obviously I'm wrapped with result, but jeeeez we got out of jail. Our defence was woeful at times with its ineffective clearing/passing and there was a disconnect between the back four and our defensive midfield. Carragher and Johnson guilty of hoofing long , and Lucas gave the ball away too much, by his standards. I'd have replaced Lucas with Allen, not Courtinho, Sturridge didnt get into the match until the second half and I dont think he and Luis had a particularly good synergy today.

Anyway, we guts it out and got the points against the better side. Well done lads.

I hate Gareth Bale - sure, he's a dynamic player, but he really was play acting to get Gerrard sent off. Its the kind of stunt Drogba would pull, in fact it was a fine acting ensemble by him and trainers - oh what a surprise when he immediately returns with a pinpoint cross for a goal. 2nd goal was the same-Bale puts hands to head after a LIGHT challenge, wins a free kick and its 2-1. He's a shit head. Good player though.

Thought Jones acquitted himself well.

Finally a fan with some sense on this thing

Some of our fans on this forum are completely clueless and are shitters

The halftime stats had possession at a massive 60% for Spurs. We started well but gradually lost control because of basic errors, and slow easily countered buildup play.

Bloody hell, why is Brad Jones coming out for the second half, bloody hell?

Look at him, conceding a goal in the 2nd half? I wouldnt put it past him.

Pepe Reina is a better outfield player than Brad Jones is in goal he's had more hot dinners as well, well more. He needs to go back to Middlesborough reserves, Keiron Dyer looks like Ryan Giggs appearance rate than he's caught crosses running backwards in his nan's slippers whilsts trying to hold a 3 day old poo in. Thats his level in goal, swat we've come to expect, the stage is set for you to stomp on in ye big clodhoppers you fat cackcaked handed twat and steal the show with another shocker, fuck it up again. Who cares? Its just another striker nutmegging you while you're stood with your cock in your hand trying, trying. Arc your back til the cows come home, wear an oversized GK jersey without even tucking it in, you mess, you might fool the others now its time to pull your ass out the covers you fraud, miserable apathetic goalkeeping salad tosser. Pick up a pearoller with your salad tongs and let us dream for a moment before you pebbledash it in the lat minute. Thats the best hope we can hope for you shrove tuesday flapper clapper sadsack trapper man you. Wont be long before you put down the bong and come along with your boney tong prongs to do somethin wrong and meet Vertong. Oh here it is now. A bit early now this I expected you to last a bit longer with your Jordache moustache before our hopes were mustardmash pebbledashed with more gash than a jordan rash.

Quality rant:lol:

anyone pm me a stream if u hav

I wanna watch Brad fuck it up, I wanna see it with my own eyes.

Particularly as you weren't even watching the game!

I thought Brad did OK today, didn't always look assured but you can't blame him for the goals.

Who said i wanted downing off ? i just said that i didn't agree with bringing on allen for coutinho. And i still think that were poor today apart from the first 30mins. Happy to win though ;)

And if Johnson hadn't slipped or carragher had of headed clear they wouldn't have scored their second. Things happen, end of.

Probably one of the very few games this season that we got more than we deserved from. Couldn't see us getting anything when they went 2-1 up and there was a 10 minute spell or so where it looked like it might actually get embarrassing. A mistake gifted us a way back into the game but there have been more than enough games we should have won this season that we've thrown away through mistakes so it was good for it to occur the other way round for a change.

Thought the ref was absolute shite. Seemed to apply a completely different set of rules for the 2 sets of players. Teeniest bit of contact on a Spurs player and it was a freekick while nothing but the most blatant foul got us anything. Quite surprised he gave the penalty but it was kind of hard to turn down another one after already turning down the one for the foul on Sturridge. He should have given us another one near the end too when Vertonghen fouled Sturridge.

Good to beat Spurs. Got sick to death of hearing how great they and Bale were in the build up to this game. You'd think we were some plucky little relegation battler the way the commentator was going on at times today. He sounded absolutely gutted in the last few minutes and so did Alan Smith (another on the long list of former footballers who seem to hold some bizarre hatred of us).

Champions league is probably still just out of reach but the win keeps our chances looking vaguely realistic for another week at least. As some have mentioned Spurs have a tough run in so you never know. At least it finally puts us above Everton - about time that statistic was put right.

Great result, about time we got some luck against those twats. Almost never went because I'm sick as hell. The cheating simple simian really needs exposing as the snidey, horrible shit he really is. I won't hold my breath. And Scott Parker, Mr England, looks like he should be selling stockings out of a suitcase in 1950's London.

He's a twat no doubt, his cheating seems to have gotten worse under AVB, even the media are struggling now to defend him with the 'defensive' diving line.

Really, the media just ignore it now and pretend he doesn't do it.

Finally we have won when we didn't deserve to! Great win, finally showed a bit of character. Don't think we can play with four attackers against top teams though.

And for those whingers stating we that 'we got out of jail', are you fucking serious? When we didn't win against City, Spurs away you couldn't wait to point out how it was the result that mattered! Now you are still determined to find fault in us beating Spurs - a team who hardly tore us a new one.

And to top it all, Lana Del Ray is a red!