You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversial. I doubt he's got a family.

sigh

Hi mate. You know there's always dried stuff congealed in your wife's moustache when you kiss her hello after work, that you always thought was milk? Just wanted to be the one to tell you.

Bye now.

I doubt you have any friends if you think the bullshit above is even remotely funny

Get a proper surname you cunt

sigh

I doubt you have any friends if you think the bullshit above is even remotely funny

Get a proper surname you cunt

I see you've quoted something I posted many months ago to a semi-literate dullard who got booed out of the place - coincidental it's been picked up at random now by another silly little twat scrawling on the walls in crayon.

Still 100% sure?

I was intrigued to see what Rodgers had learned from the Stoke away game. On the basis of today's team selection, absolutely nothing!

This is my biggest concern with Rodgers. He keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

Well im not going to throw my toys out of the pram and be a knee jerk cunt over this defeat (like some of the others in the knee jerk reaction thread)

Rodgers got it wrong today, playing allen was a bad decision, there was no need to upset the balance of our midfield. I also think he should have started henderson ahead of coutinho because southampton like to press high and hard.

I agree with you in regards to hoping he had learnt from earlier defeats and i really hope he doesnt show a blatent favuoritism to his own signings for much longer. If allen isnt good enough or low on confidence he should not play.

This could be rodgers downfall in regards to succeeding but he did hook allen at half time so he was atleast aware of the problem. Previous managers have left under performing players on for the entire 90 minutes or made a change in the 75th minute "hoping" that the player would turn it around....

Having your defensive spine out of the team in Reina, Carra and lucas shows just how thin our squad is and just how poor the replacements are. Skrtel was shocking again, his decision making on the ball doesnt allow us to build our attacks, he is rash and gives away countless freekicks. Jones isnt good enough with his feet to play this kind of system, he will hoof it under the slightest pressure and we lose possession instantly. Lucas is much better positionally than allen and on current form he keeps the ball much better.

Sometimes you dont have to go to places like southampton and attack attack attack from the minute go, they press high under this new boss, they did it to city and we should have known that.

Rodgers does need to learn from his mistakes if we are to be a success under him but i think he will. In the summer hopefully he will replace skrtel, get another goalie and sort out the allen issue

Finally i would like to say we have had these kind of performances against lesser sides for over a decade now, we can't just sack the manager every season and we have been playing well post Christmas, dickhead fans will always panic and not realise were we are right now. We need to replace many players, and thats not his fault, i think he is the right man to replace them though with better quality.

Still 100% sure?

I was intrigued to see what Rodgers had learned from the Stoke away game. On the basis of today's team selection, absolutely nothing!

This is my biggest concern with Rodgers. He keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

My biggest concern is that you see some similarity between Southampton and Stoke.

If you're referring to me, then this isn't a Knee jerk.

Right from the day we appointed Rodgers, I felt that this job had come a bit too soon for him. I think he could have been a good appointment here at some point in the future but only if he'd stayed at Swansea for a good few years and built on their successful first season, the way that Laudrup is now.

I think he has got some very good qualities in terms of his teams style and has the right ideas towards how the game should be played here. I do think he is far too naive though if he thinks this style of football will work enough for a top team to be successful

in the English league. No team has ever been successful without a real physical presence in the central areas, It's a necessity in this league, and one that Rodgers seems to completely overlook.

The main reason I am so angry today is that he picked Joe Allen.

You suggest that this is to do with favouritism towards his own signings, however so far Rodgers to his credit hasn't done this. So far he has picked the team on merit.

Henderson started both the Arsenal and Man City games ahead of Allen, who was rightly dropped. With Allen now carrying an injury he had the perfect opportunity to tell him to go and have his operation now, take a long break and prepare for next season. Which is clearly what Joe Allen needs after playing lots of games in the past few years for Swansea and Team GB in the Olympics.

The Liverpool managers job is one of the toughest in football right now.

We have incredibly high expectations, despite heading towards our fourth consecutive mid table finish. I understand this makes the job here ten times more difficult for whoever is our manager, however I do think Rodgers should have done a lot better than he has so far this season.

The worst five first team players on our books currently are Brad Jones, Jay Spearing, Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Coates.

The best five players are Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Lucas, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger.

Considering what previous managers have inherited, I would say that Rodgers has actually inherited a good squad, and was then also given around £50 Million to improve on it.

When you also take in to account Suarez has had his best season so far this year, and is the top scorer in the league, a potential player of the season too, and contrast that with the racism allegation and nine match ban that Dalglish had to deal with last year, then this is another huge plus for Rodgers.

Rodgers has massively underachieved this year and needs to get all his signings right in the summer to save himself in my opinion.

If you're referring to me, then this isn't a Knee jerk.

Right from the day we appointed Rodgers, I felt that this job had come a bit too soon for him. I think he could have been a good appointment here at some point in the future but only if he'd stayed at Swansea for a good few years and built on their successful first season, the way that Laudrup is now.

I think he has got some very good qualities in terms of his teams style and has the right ideas towards how the game should be played here. I do think he is far too naive though if he thinks this style of football will work enough for a top team to be successful

in the English league. No team has ever been successful without a real physical presence in the central areas, It's a necessity in this league, and one that Rodgers seems to completely overlook.

The main reason I am so angry today is that he picked Joe Allen.

You suggest that this is to do with favouritism towards his own signings, however so far Rodgers to his credit hasn't done this. So far he has picked the team on merit.

Henderson started both the Arsenal and Man City games ahead of Allen, who was rightly dropped. With Allen now carrying an injury he had the perfect opportunity to tell him to go and have his operation now, take a long break and prepare for next season. Which is clearly what Joe Allen needs after playing lots of games in the past few years for Swansea and Team GB in the Olympics.

The Liverpool managers job is one of the toughest in football right now.

We have incredibly high expectations, despite heading towards our fourth consecutive mid table finish. I understand this makes the job here ten times more difficult for whoever is our manager, however I do think Rodgers should have done a lot better than he has so far this season.

The worst five first team players on our books currently are Brad Jones, Jay Spearing, Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing and Coates.

The best five players are Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Lucas, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger.

Considering what previous managers have inherited, I would say that Rodgers has actually inherited a good squad, and was then also given around £50 Million to improve on it.

When you also take in to account Suarez has had his best season so far this year, and is the top scorer in the league, a potential player of the season too, and contrast that with the racism allegation and nine match ban that Dalglish had to deal with last year, then this is another huge plus for Rodgers.

Rodgers has massively underachieved this year and needs to get all his signings right in the summer to save himself in my opinion.

No i wasn't referring to you in regards to the knee jerk, i was on about the person who started the other thread and the idiot monglet who has totally flipped out in that thread.

I do agree with your point about needing some physical power, pace and tackling ability in the middle. Sadly that was gerrard but he isnt young enough to do what he used to. I hope that rodgers does address this in the summer but i do feel it is harsh to say he has totally overlooked it having only been here for 8 months.

Allen started well but has gone into total decline since then. I agree that rodgers made a huge mistake in selecting him today, and that is the only reason i made the point about him favouring his own signings, i hope he doesnt select allen/borini just to prove a point....that would be rodgers downfall in my opinion.

He did inherit some good players no doubt, but he has also got even more out of suarez this season than kenny did last year. Gerrard struggled at first but, today aside, he has looked really good of late. Agger has not broken down with injuries and has had his longest run in the team under rodgers, but sadly it took rodgers a while to realise that skrtel is shit and that hasnt helped aggers game in terms of his defensive partner. Lucas was looking really good before the long injury lay off so its harsh to say rodgers has made him into a worse player.....he needs time after nearly a year out. Glen johnson has looked himself, good going forward but, at times, a liabiity at the back.

I dont think Rodgers has underachieved, we will finish with more points than last year and, in my opinion, the cups just dont matter. We have some shit players in our club, more shit than good, and it will take time to replace them. Every manager makes bad signings, allen/borini might be 2, but its how quickly he realises this and in terms of sahin he showed he can be ruthless and i hope he continues to be this way with all the signings and under performing players he has.

For me the bigger picture is that we are changing a lot and asking players who just cant change to play differently. The easy thing for rodgers to do is change his system and belief because we are inconsistent but that will leave us exactly where we started.

He needs time and not to waver on his approach, because he will be going against his beliefs and we will go back to buying good "in form" players and trying to make them fit. that hasnt got us anywhere n 25 years.

Fergie has a blue print, pace out wide and at full back, technical striker paired with a striker with pace. He wants crosses into the box and wingers with good delivery. Along with a man who can pass in the middle (generally diagonally) he buys players to suit this blue print and will overlook some good players knowing they arent what he needs.

We have a different style and blue print and we should not overlook that in order to win games now. We can reap the rewards if we get the right players to fit this style and it might take a few years.

You are right about this style and blue print not being easy to play in England and Rodgers does need to tweak and adapt his style in order to make it successfull everyweek, regardless of who we play. He has tried and i hope he learns from his mistakes because if we do, and we get the right signings we will be hard to stop.

Not in terms of style of play, they are chalk and cheese!

More in terms of, playing a lower league team away from home, and setting the team up the same way you'd play a home game.

Nevermind Southampton and Stoke, the guy would set up the team the same fucking way whether playing away to Barcelona or home to Oldham. Coz' that's only way he knows how to play. On a pure tactical basis, Rodgers got to be one of the worst in the league. It's ridiculous how often he has been tactically out-of-depth this season. There's not even a single effort on his part to counter specific threats from the opposition. Well, if there is, he's clearly not good at it. I'm sorry for those people (well, more like one single deluded individual really) who are kidding themselves thinking that we could win the league under a manager who swears by one single philosophy, even though that philosophy is full of obvious defensive flaws in the first place, and who to add insult to injury systematically refuse to account for opposition threats.

I can see us winning the league eventually, whether it's in the next 5, 10 or 50 years I don't know. But, us winning it under Rodgers ha ha ha. Wouldn't happen even in fucking fairytales.

Right from the day we appointed Rodgers, I felt that this job had come a bit too soon for him............etc

I agree with the first bit, but not the rest.

Rodgers was, and is, an odds against punt. But he is here now. Let’s hope it comes off.

Joe Allen, and the midfield yesterday were good enough to beat Southampton. Our defence should have been good enough not to concede three against a Championship calibre attack. Motivation and attitude can be questioned- but not ability.

I do not accept that Rodgers is underachieving. In only his second full season as a PL manager and his fourth as a full time manager he is doing pretty well. Whether that relative success is good enough for LFC is another matter.

Don't believe we will ever win the league under Rogers. He is a trainee manager up against hugely grizzled and experienced managers of other top clubs. He's a boy in a mans world. I have never understood his appointment. We were an ailing club which had been badly run for too many years when he was appointed. In this situation the club should have been looking for an experienced and successful manager who had been there and done that in terms of turning clubs around and most importantly - the holy grail of this club- winning the league. What we have is an inexperienced manager who is learning on the job by making lots of mistakes! No major company in the situation we were in would ever have contemplated an appointment of an inexperience and unproven man. It makes no sense. The most likely outcome here is he will survive another year or two with limited success and our inexperienced and unproven american owners will have another shot at appointing a new manager. Hopefully by then they may have realised from their american Skyscraper that baseball and football are wholly different sports and their field of dreams mentality is wholly inappropriate for Liverpool FC. I am now 66 . Will I ever see LFC win the league again? My guess is sadly no. My youngest son is 22, He has never seen a League champion win. When we last won the league no one-and I mean absolutely no one-would ever have believed we would be without a title for 22 plus years. Brendan Rogers will not be the man to end that run.:(

Guest San Don
Don't believe we will ever win the league under Rogers. He is a trainee manager up against hugely grizzled and experienced managers of other top clubs. He's a boy in a mans world. I have never understood his appointment. We were an ailing club which had been badly run for too many years when he was appointed. In this situation the club should have been looking for an experienced and successful manager who had been there and done that in terms of turning clubs around and most importantly - the holy grail of this club- winning the league. What we have is an inexperienced manager who is learning on the job by making lots of mistakes! No major company in the situation we were in would ever have contemplated an appointment of an inexperience and unproven man. It makes no sense. The most likely outcome here is he will survive another year or two with limited success and our inexperienced and unproven american owners will have another shot at appointing a new manager. Hopefully by then they may have realised from their american Skyscraper that baseball and football are wholly different sports and their field of dreams mentality is wholly inappropriate for Liverpool FC. I am now 66 . Will I ever see LFC win the league again? My guess is sadly no. My youngest son is 22, He has never seen a League champion win. When we last won the league no one-and I mean absolutely no one-would ever have believed we would be without a title for 22 plus years. Brendan Rogers will not be the man to end that run.:(

Blimey jim, put a few paragraph breaks in next time, eh? My eye hurt reading that.

But, overall I totally agree with you. I still maintain the time to make a decision on this manager is the end of the season.

Like you, I think he's far too inexperienced for this club, he should have stayed at swansea for at least two more seasons (imo) although you cant blame someone for being ambitious and try their hand at the next level.

While the current owners are far better than the two cowboys, they dont have a clue about us. If they did, they acknowledge their choice of manager and transfer strategy will not cut it at this club.

All that will happen is that the promising youngsters who develop into the 'world' class players we hope, will be lured away by clubs challenging not just for honours but also CL football and the higher basic wages they'll get which we wont pay.

I used to laugh at manchester united going year after year after year without winning the league and living on being the first English club to lift the European Cup while we won titles and European Cup with such aplomb.

But, the boot is literally on the other foot now and I dont like it one bit. manchester united dont have a good side by all accounts yet they are now 15 points ahead in the title run in. Yeah, some poor side that is.

My eldest son is 25 and he's not seen a title win. To make it worse and given the way money men have taken over football, I cannot honestly see a time when we could win it unless the playing field is seriously leveled again which I doubt.

He has come up against two relatively inexperienced managers recently,Clarke and Poccatino and failed miserably. Seems to suggest hes not even the best of rest as a manager either.

I just cant believe in him until he changes some of the things he seems to believe are infallible. Stopping overplaying at the back and changing the formation to suit the players too.

This is without mentioning the shambles at the back too.