You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put it to the FF that what goes on in the German league is not at all relevant to our own destiny.

Not necessarily. We are very close in styles to them and our teams often cross paths.

Lets not forget that Dortmund are hardly skint but stick to a set budget and spend a lot on youth development.

Jisms Speaking so much sense in this, I said it on Twiiter the other day, "People that think we are the BIGGEST team in England Never Mind Europe are absoloutely off there trolly and living in the past. It's this that is failing LFC out of anything over expectant fans Etc. If we live in the past, we expect the past form which is totally unrealistic, That makes anything less than 4th unacceptable. Its not impossible yeah ill say that infact i think providing results go the right way other than our 3rd is just as possible as 4th is. BUT I will not begrudge a similar finish to last season with many more points. We will have far more goals etc. That however you want to say it can only be seen as a huge improvement. As for money in some point it does speak but we have a extremely strong and passionate squad almost, People say United aint that strong but they aint that much different to us squad wise. The only thing is they know how to win they have win beated into them, They are hungry because they live in the present however we look at it they are up there with the best in the world. Are they paid millions yes and so have we but they ain't full of world class players. Like the likes of City and Chelsea BUT they are gelled. Whos to say we cant mimic them? FFP comes into play soon enough and we are almost ready for it. Future is bright and i hope the future is Rodgers he will do great things MARK MY WORDS, I just hope he gets the time. Just because there isnt a improvement on position does not mean we havent improved.

Jisms Speaking so much sense in this, I said it on Twiiter the other day, "People that think we are the BIGGEST team in England Never Mind Europe are absoloutely off there trolly and living in the past. It's this that is failing LFC out of anything over expectant fans Etc. If we live in the past, we expect the past form which is totally unrealistic, That makes anything less than 4th unacceptable. Its not impossible yeah ill say that infact i think providing results go the right way other than our 3rd is just as possible as 4th is. BUT I will not begrudge a similar finish to last season with many more points. We will have far more goals etc. That however you want to say it can only be seen as a huge improvement. As for money in some point it does speak but we have a extremely strong and passionate squad almost, People say United aint that strong but they aint that much different to us squad wise. The only thing is they know how to win they have win beated into them, They are hungry because they live in the present however we look at it they are up there with the best in the world. Are they paid millions yes and so have we but they ain't full of world class players. Like the likes of City and Chelsea BUT they are gelled. Whos to say we cant mimic them? FFP comes into play soon enough and we are almost ready for it. Future is bright and i hope the future is Rodgers he will do great things MARK MY WORDS, I just hope he gets the time. Just because there isnt a improvement on position does not mean we havent improved.

Gave up reading early.

Please learn paragraphs.

Arent the Canucks in Vancouver but you seem to be more Toronto way?.......traitor!

Have faith in Rodgers mate, Saurez is world class but he isnt the only reason we win games. There are other strikers in the world who can fit into this style and score goals. Michu for swansea is a prime example of this.

Swansea set up and play differently under Laudrup so Michu is irrelevant. Faith is for religion, football is about results and Rodgers CV is thin in this regard.

A lot think he’s naive, maybe if he is naive he has a total conviction in what he’s doing (and the way he has us playing maybe suggests that.....) which wouldn’t be the case with others. As well as any minus there may also be a massive plus in there.

Cant be arsed with the match thread there are some real fucking idiots that support our club on this forum

Delighted with the win today, i personally think we deserved it and weren't as lucky as some are making out on here.

If you watch this match back they did fuck all for 30-35 minutes, they just had that one effort on goal, the bale free kick.

We started off brilliantly well, we pressed the fuck out of parker, bale and dembele. There was a space that we were defending in front of our defence and it worked really well, spurs had no rhythm at all.

Going forward we were bright, coutinho was excellent against a really good & quick full back in Kyle walker, he is stronger than i thought and works really hard when we dont have the ball. Give him 12 months of training and playing in this league and he will be some player for us.

Sturridge hasnt played for over 3 weeks and he was rusty but still stretched them and had spurs worried. We need to remember that spurs are the most inform team in the country, they are playing better than United at this current stage, and we are a new team and the way we outplayed them for most of the first half bodes well for us.

When they came back into the game, which was expected for such and inform team, i think we actually got tired. We had pressed them so well that we couldn't keep it up. Lucas is just back from injury and it started to show, and coutinho is new to this type of football.

They played well for 15 minutes in the first half and 15 minutes in the 2nd half, but the rest was ours. We created less in that last 30 odd minutes but we were shook and when you are like that its hard to turn a game around, but we did. Again i think that bodes well for us.

In my opinion there are still 3-4 players from our starting line up today that we can change and better, which will only make us stronger and stop us getting shook like that more often.

Rodgers did well, he went for them, he picked an attacking line up and atleast he tries to win games and not just lose them. This is what we have been crying out for and this is what gets you more points in my opinion.

His sub showed he is learning and has an understanding of the game, some managers would have shit they're pants and taken sturridge off and bolstered the midfield but he still left attacking players on the pitch that could still win us the game.

His sub showed he is learning and has an understanding of the game, some managers would have shit they're pants and taken sturridge off and bolstered the midfield but he still left attacking players on the pitch that could still win us the game.

He took Coutinho off for Allen and Sturridge went off for Henderson.

He did bolster the midfield which was the right thing to do.

shit they're pants

Heh I like that.

OMFG PANTS!?

He took Coutinho off for Allen and Sturridge went off for Henderson.

He did bolster the midfield which was the right thing to do.

I meant that he could of taken Sturridge off and put Suarez up front on his own, which i think most managers would have done.

I thought he was braver in leaving them both on the pitch, Henderson was only on there for 4 minutes.

I meant that he could of taken Sturridge off and put Suarez up front on his own, which i think most managers would have done.

I thought he was braver in leaving them both on the pitch, Henderson was only on there for 4 minutes.

He took Coutinho off and shifted Suarez out left. Bolstering midfield was exactly what was needed as our starting line up was a little too top heavy which allowed Spurs to boss the game for large parts.

I cant think of many managers who would have sacrificed half of their attacking options when only one change was necessary.

I've never been more sure of the way we are heading.

Even under Rafa i never truly believed we would win it as we were so negative in the way we approached games. Houllier was the same' date=' scared of losing games rather than trying to win them.

That pissed up old prick down the road understands one thing, and that is if you attack teams you scare them and you scare future opponents.

Kenny tried to make us attack but sadly we had huge gaps and got found out towards the end of his reign.

Under rodgers there is an attacking intent, but there is a balance behind us that can cover the gaps when we lost the ball. It does go wrong sometimes like west brom and villa, but that is the learning curve.

Its not aimless kick and rush football, lump it up to the big man to bring others in to play, hit the channels and "whip it in". That football is dying, if not dead already. Only fergie gets regular success out of wingers getting crosses into the box, but he gets found out in europe every year trying that shit.

We have the right plan going forward, once it clicks properly, we will have a huge amount of confidence and belief that we can beat anybody. Player will know their roles and be able to execute exactly what is asked.

Personally i think its all coming together already, it will take longer for absolute belief to dissolve into every member of the team, as some are young and some need to go.

We will be a real force in 3 years time i am sure of it.

EDIT: in reply to the above post, i will now chill out as i have made my point.[/quote']

What a load of fucking codswallop. Most of this season, our defense has been dire, and until Sturridge and Cortinho arrived we couldn't score enough to counter the bucket loads we were conceding.

I'm very pleased we're having a late run, but I'm under no illusions that BR is our savior.

Lets have a look at the players coming good: Henderson, Downing and Enrique. All bought by Kenny and Steve.

Thought he actually waited too long to change things myself, not necessarily making subs but just tinkering with the formation a little bit like trying switching Coutinho and Downing towards the end of the first half. But fair play to him for consolidating things when Spurs were bossing the game and well done to the players for pouncing on one Spurs mistake and then not letting them back in the game.

Defensively there are still problems, yet again we had to score three to win and aerially we are a mess at the back but for all Spurs pressure Jones had reasonably little to do.

I hope the beating the top sides hoodoo can now be laid to rest and we can continue to pick up points the way we have recently.

Europe should be a real possibility now.

Not necessarily. We are very close in styles to them and our teams often cross paths.

Lets not forget that Dortmund are hardly skint but stick to a set budget and spend a lot on youth development.

True, but their league is not as competitive as ours at the top end. There are no financial powerhouses such as man city and chelsea buying every player in sight. It's not a worthwhile comparison.

What a load of fucking codswallop. Most of this season, our defense has been dire, and until Sturridge and Cortinho arrived we couldn't score enough to counter the bucket loads we were conceding.

I'm very pleased we're having a late run, but I'm under no illusions that BR is our savior.

Lets have a look at the players coming good: Henderson, Downing and Enrique. All bought by Kenny and Steve.

Fuckin hell your one confused guy

So our season changed when we signed Sturridge and Coutinho? Ermmm who signed them?

Those players coming good are coming good under which manager?

Thanks for agreeing with me

Edited by jsims

I cant think of many managers who would have sacrificed half of their attacking options when only one change was necessary.

Houllier, Rafa, Mourinho, Capello

All i'm saying is we have a manager who actually wants to attack teams and try to win games and not play for draws or be scared to lose games. Which i think will actually win us more points in the long run.