You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

The degree of baseless opinion here is frighetening.

Opinion are valid when supoorted either by coherent logic or evidence.

Most of you know my opinion on this guy, so no point in repeating it.

However, I will point out that we are seventh in the league and behing Everton and Tottenham amongst others.

We've behind Spurs for years now, what's that got to do with Rodgers?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for posting negative shit but this thread depresses me as it makes me consider how far we away from winning the league. If we were credible challengers then Rodgers wouldn't be in the job although I wish him well. He isn't the problem or the solution. It's possible if we keep Suarez and a few of the youngsters improve then we could get top 4 but without obscene amounts of cash the title is further away than it has been since we last won it and nothing Rodgers can or will do is going to alter the reality of that situation. We need FSG to give us a blank cheque or new owners simple as.

We dont, we really dont. I will point out again the huge amounts chelsea spent in the summer and they are nowhere. Only 10 points ahead of us, with all that talent?! And we can all point to games we have played and totally dominated were we should have got those 10 more points.

In our first season with a new manager, completely new system and style, i would argue that we arent doing badly at all. We dominate and control games much better than them, and that will only get better.

Same with City, if you watch them, they have spent obscene amounts of money on players but do they control and dominate games like us? They play shit negative football and were lucky to win last year.

We have spent poultry sums in comparison and have been unlucky and made mistakes that have cost us an easy 12 points this year.....how far would that leave us behind teams that have spent 100's of million more than us?

Sure we still fuck up, and people will argue that its like this every year, but for me its different this time. We have the right system and a manager who is aware of what we need to play this system to its maximum.

He understands that you need technical players with a good first touch and speed of thought and i think he will find them.

Give him time and dont bash him for every mistake, as he will make a few along the way, but he understands this game more than most give him credit for.

I wont go into some of our previous players who totally lacked the technical ability, first touch or awareness to even get us close to winning a league.....at least Rodgers does.

3 years and its ours.

sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards, sometimes you also have to go backwards to go backwards.

By 'implementing his style' I take it you mean 'making our defence shitter'?

But he has also made our attack stronger?

You think players who have been playing negative shit football for so long can just turn it around in 6 months?!

He is asking our players to do alot more than previous managers, he is asking our defenders to leave themselves 1 v 1 against attackers. Normally they are used to having cover behind or around them. Our new style doesnt always allow for this....it takes time for them to get used to this.

He hasnt won a league in his life, not even the championship

Rafa got a team relegated in spain before he got the Valencia job and won the league title? So that is just a non argument really.

his successors at Wigan and Swansea both did better than him and his predecessor in his current job did better.

Martinez struggles every year to keep his team in the prem?!

Rodgers took his team into the prem last year and they completely out performed anything Martinez has done in the 4 years he has been a premiership manager with wigan.

Laudrup was a great player and seems a good manager too but to say he has come in and turned Swansea around is completely false. That team is Rodgers team and without the foundations and style he laid down they would be nowhere under Laudrup.

We shouldnt have fallen out of the top 6 all season looking at relative squad strength, as it is we cant even get in the top 6.

Why?

What gives us the right to be in the top 6 every year?

Our sqaud?

35 million striker? 20 million "winger"?

We have had a shit squad for ages and our results showed this, we have bought poorly for years and everyone knows this. We needed to start again, rip out the shit and we are doing this.

It takes time and people just can't see where we are as a club and thats sad.

Do fans just want to be a cup team for another 20 odd years?

Or do you want to actually build something that can see us be competitive in the league for 20 years?

We dont, we really dont. I will point out again the huge amounts chelsea spent in the summer and they are nowhere. Only 10 points ahead of us, with all that talent?! And we can all point to games we have played and totally dominated were we should have got those 10 more points.

In our first season with a new manager, completely new system and style, i would argue that we arent doing badly at all. We dominate and control games much better than them, and that will only get better.

Same with City, if you watch them, they have spent obscene amounts of money on players but do they control and dominate games like us? They play shit negative football and were lucky to win last year.

We have spent poultry sums in comparison and have been unlucky and made mistakes that have cost us an easy 12 points this year.....how far would that leave us behind teams that have spent 100's of million more than us?

Sure we still fuck up, and people will argue that its like this every year, but for me its different this time. We have the right system and a manager who is aware of what we need to play this system to its maximum.

He understands that you need technical players with a good first touch and speed of thought and i think he will find them.

Give him time and dont bash him for every mistake, as he will make a few along the way, but he understands this game more than most give him credit for.

I wont go into some of our previous players who totally lacked the technical ability, first touch or awareness to even get us close to winning a league.....at least Rodgers does.

3 years and its ours.

I think you need to give it a rest . If you're right you can come back on and say what a bunch of negative cunts we all are and I daresay most of us will be too pissed celebrating our league title to give a fuck.

Rodgers is not the messiah and I repeat he would not be manager if we were a top team challenging for the title. I just hope he makes us a better team, keeps hold of Suarez ( whom I fear will leave in the summer) and we get some serious dosh to spend . Otherwise our biggest challenge every season will be to finish above Everton.

I repeat he would not be manager if we were a top team challenging for the title..

If we were challenging for the title we wouldnt have sacked the guy that made us challenge

You dont make any sense, get the fuck outta here with confused shit like that

I've seen a lot of posts on this site saying we need "major investment"

I have 2 words to say to that.

Dortmund.

Klopp.

Exactly, to think its not possible is stupid.

We need to buy but we dont need to spend 100 million every summer to make it happen.

Fans just want it NOW NOW NOW and that has got us nowhere.

In short most fans need to shut the fuck up and realise where we are as a club.

Odd that people get so offended when a poster is positive about our prospects and wholeheartedly supportive of our manager. Must be hard for some, given the number of cynical, know-it-all, agenda driven egos on this site.

Don't subscribe to same ideas as Jisms (although I am positive of our prospects under BR) but I dont feel the need to piss on his bonfire.

"the future is unknown"

Thanks for that magical gem. You lolly pop licking quim.

I admire jsims belief in Rodgers and he makes some very valid points in fairness to him. Just needs to chill the fuck out a bit though.

Edited by ZonkoVille77
sp auto fuckin correct shite

I've never been more sure of the way we are heading.

Even under Rafa i never truly believed we would win it as we were so negative in the way we approached games. Houllier was the same, scared of losing games rather than trying to win them.

That pissed up old prick down the road understands one thing, and that is if you attack teams you scare them and you scare future opponents.

Kenny tried to make us attack but sadly we had huge gaps and got found out towards the end of his reign.

Under rodgers there is an attacking intent, but there is a balance behind us that can cover the gaps when we lost the ball. It does go wrong sometimes like west brom and villa, but that is the learning curve.

Its not aimless kick and rush football, lump it up to the big man to bring others in to play, hit the channels and "whip it in". That football is dying, if not dead already. Only fergie gets regular success out of wingers getting crosses into the box, but he gets found out in europe every year trying that shit.

We have the right plan going forward, once it clicks properly, we will have a huge amount of confidence and belief that we can beat anybody. Player will know their roles and be able to execute exactly what is asked.

Personally i think its all coming together already, it will take longer for absolute belief to dissolve into every member of the team, as some are young and some need to go.

We will be a real force in 3 years time i am sure of it.

EDIT: in reply to the above post, i will now chill out as i have made my point.