You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

Wowzers thats a little far fethced in my opinion

I agree in terms of them all being friends and hanging out together.

Do you think the British players then slate Suarez because he doesnt pass the ball to them when they are better placed at times?

I'm sure the players have a moan in their own clicks, but that happens in every club from the very top down to sunday league, its just the nature of football......everyone has an opinion.

Let me put it this way, I'm not convinced that Luis and Sturridge have a good working relationship; they started to gel nicely, but since Coutinho got regular appearances, the new synergy is he and Luis. This means that Sturridge is having to roam more to get ball, which is why we saw AGGER (of all players) in the number 9 poaching possy, against The Saints.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree

Good players' date=' better players and players who dont shit themselves at the first sign of being closed down will just drop a shoulder, shield the ball, play a one, two. Even run with the ball because they are confident in their own ability and get themselves out of trouble.

Shitter players just smash the ball away because they dont want to take the risk and get caught out, this just gives the ball back to your opponents more often than not and this is where this whole system breaks down.[/quote']

There isnt a player on the planet who is going to piss about in his own penalty area when there is no time or space to do so, including Messi.

Southampton were struggling a little bit at the beginning of the second half so their manager spotted that we were able to pass the ball around at the back much too comfortably and so made a change. Brought on that Steven Davis lad and they wrestled the game back and won it comfortably because of it.

We didnt even react to that substitution and carried on repeating the same unsuccessful things for the rest of the game.

We have got to get away from trying to play our way out of every situation with pretty but ineffective football and realise that long and direct is always an option.

If Brendan doesnt believe this then why doesnt he phone up his mentor and ask him why he uses it successfully now and again.

If Brendan doesnt believe this then why doesnt he phone up his mentor and ask him why he uses it successfully now and again.

I think that is just down to Rodger's inexperience.

Possession IS important. Equally, there are occasions when booting the ball out of the danger area makes sense.

There isnt a player on the planet who is going to piss about in his own penalty area when there is no time or space to do so, including Messi.

Southampton were struggling a little bit at the beginning of the second half so their manager spotted that we were able to pass the ball around at the back much too comfortably and so made a change. Brought on that Steven Davis lad and they wrestled the game back and won it comfortably because of it.

We didnt even react to that substitution and carried on repeating the same unsuccessful things for the rest of the game.

We have got to get away from trying to play our way out of every situation with pretty but ineffective football and realise that long and direct is always an option.

I totally agree about not being able to play your way out of every situation

But when you have brad jones, skrtel and allen playing those longer direct balls its generally just aimless and we gave possesion back too easily.

I think we have been more direct in recent months, Enrique and gerrard both seem to go long at times, but the quality of the pass gives our players a chance to do something with it or atleast compete for it.

Better players wont just shit themselves and think "oh fuck he is closing me down, i gotta get rid of this"

They think more calm and still pick out a pass, some of our players just dont have this ability.

Theres a lot of words in this thread, really just answer the frigging kwestion, the answer is no, no, no. So what is the point? Bloodyhell

There is no question

It was a statement by me, and i stand by it. Given time he will win us this league.

I heard you.

What makes you say that? Other than that he happens to be the manager of the club you support.

He didnt even win the championship mate. He is on a level with West Brom and Swansea this year and you really think he can compete at the top level? He cant even get us competitive with Everton, with a better squad, better funds and youth/coaching set up.

I heard you.

What makes you say that? Other than that he happens to be the manager of the club you support.

He didnt even win the championship mate. He is on a level with West Brom and Swansea this year and you really think he can compete at the top level? He cant even get us competitive with Everton, with a better squad, better funds and youth/coaching set up.

My opinion is that football, even in England, is becoming more technical. The quality of players in England isnt what it was 10 years ago.

Rodgers has worked and developed youth at Chelsea, mourinho head hunted him for that position. He also spent years travelling around europe to places like ajax and barcelona to learn a different way of playing.

Its my belief that this way of playing is the way forward. Spain and Barcelona domination points to that, who has really found a way of stopping them consistently? Sure teams try and park the bus but they still win most of the time.

Football is changing, we have no system and no style. We need to implement something, something that our youth players and academies can follow, which will produce first team players more regularly.

I think what Rodgers is trying, takes time, but fans like you guys dont have time. Even though we have only challenged for the title twice in 23 years and have never mounted two successful challenges back to back........why do you think this is?

Why cant we produce youth players for our first team on a consistent basis that actually move the club forward?

Its because we have no real system in place, from top to bottom.

You guys expect a man to come in and do all of that in 8 fucking months?!

Thats why i laugh at you.....and that is why a lot of the fans on here don't have a fucking clue.

I do have time but this guy is not the barca technical team. We have the best youth players in the country Im not asking him to compete with Chelsea in 8 months I'm asking him to be better than the teams who are shite and nowhere near as good as ours.

You laugh at me? Wake up and apologise. The man is not fit to lick mourinho's little toe, fucking Jose's wife has probably picked up some stuff from him why'nt you just put here in charge? I-firmative!

I do have time but this guy is not the barca technical team. We have the best youth players in the country Im not asking him to compete with Chelsea in 8 months I'm asking him to be better than the teams who are shite and nowhere near as good as ours.

You laugh at me? Wake up and apologise. The man is not fit to lick mourinho's little toe, fucking Jose's wife has probably picked up some stuff from him why'nt you just put here in charge? I-firmative!

I expect this also, but i dont expect him to be able to do it immediately with the players he has.

Think about what it takes to make players who have played only one way their whole careers to suddenly change. Its damn hard and some just cant do it.

Give him time to find players who can and we will be a real force.

If he buys the wrong players, then we will fail miserably but he spent 20 million quid very well in january and i have faith in him that he will find what we need.

Get it all clicking and we will have youth players ready to come into the first team and not look out of place....it will all fit together nicely

What have we got to lose? Its not like we are anywhere near challenging for the league every season anyway.....

agger.jpg

Seventeen *days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen *hours!* Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...

skrtel2_.jpg

Look, I'm telling ya, there's somethin' movin' and it ain't us! Tracker's off scale, man. They're all around us, man. Jesus!

Mauricio_Pochettin_2459667b.jpg

This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.

_61500946_andy_carroll_getty.jpg

Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man...

brendan_rodgers_5023af86b72da192204654.jpg

This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic.

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Yes. The only way he could do it is if he sabotaged certain freezers on the way home... namely, yours. Then he could jettison the bodies and make up any story he liked.

tumblr_mhupcpj1hp1qdejcdo1_500.jpg

I'll go. I mean, I'm the only one qualified to remote-pilot the ship anyway.

John-Henry-praises-Kenny-Dalglish-for-Liverpools-revival-55247.jpg

meet me at the south lock. We're coming in.

Lucas+Leiva+Midfielder+Liverpool+Profile.jpg

He's comin' in. I feel safer already.

We won't win the league while FSG own the club.

I dont think il ever see us win the league in my lifetime again and im 35,we missed the boat in the 90,s stood still liveing on our past .We are a mid table club watching while the others ride off into the sunset