You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

Well,what we've spent has been chicken feed compared to City and Chelsea.

It is chicken feed because we don't have their money. A gangster or an oil sheik didn't want to buy us for some reason, so we need to deal with it and move on.

We could be Portsmouth (that's closer to the truth than I care to up imagine!!!)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is chicken feed because we don't have their money. A gangster or an oil sheik didn't want to buy us for some reason' date=' so we need to deal with it and move on.

We could be Portsmouth (that's closer to the truth than I care to up imagine!!!)[/quote']

There's no need to hen peck him.

Expectation levels for most managers, at most clubs, are absurdly high.

KK was a success in his first half season by virtue of pulling us out of our nose dive, and a success in the second by winning a trophy. He made mistakes, his departure was probably for the best, job done, but he will rightly look back on what he achieved with pride.

B-Rod could have crashed and burned on appointment. He hasn’t, that in itself is an achievement when you consider that it was odds against. Almost certainly we will finish with more league points, and a higher league position, than last season. That will be his first tangible success as opposed to not failing.

Any talk of title wins is fanciful. History suggests that Rodger’s stay will be passing, but that does not mean that it cannot be significant. I admire him gripping the Carroll situation early on. Some criticised his mistake in letting him go without a replacement. What has happened has vindicated his judgement, we didn’t need an 80k a week liability who doesn’t score much and is frequently injured. I also admire his ability to get the best out of two established PL players in Henderson and Downing who KK had struggled to get the best out of.

Rodgers, and LFC, need a period of stability, and he will certainly have won himself a second season. But his next test is unlikely to be a title, or Top 4, tilt, instead it will be how he deals with the situation when things go wrong, something which did for John Gregory at Villa in similar circumstances.

Most of all, we should enjoy what we have, a decent team, playing some decent football, with a star forward and a manager who is having a go.

Houllier, Rafa, Mourinho, Capello

All i'm saying is we have a manager who actually wants to attack teams and try to win games and not play for draws or be scared to lose games. Which i think will actually win us more points in the long run.

WrongIslander

I believe in 4th place.

I also love our away support, away games do not faze me.

Our remaining fixtures:

Southampton (a)

Villa (a)

West Ham (h)

Reading (a)

Chelsea (h)

Newcastle (a)

Everton (h)

Fulham (a)

QPR (h)

Forget the games in hand, we're 7 points off 4th place as it stands, and with no cup competitions to distract us.

Spurs run in:

Inter (a)

Fulham (h)

Swansea (a)

+another Europa League game

Everton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Man City (h)

Wigan (a)

Southampton (h)

Stoke (a)

Sunderland (h)

Those last four games will be nightmares for them, all could go down but not all will be doomed like QPR will.

Chelsea's run in:

Steaua (h)

West Ham (h)

Southampton (a)

Sunderland (h)

Tottenham (h)

Liverpool (a)

Swansea (h)

Man UNited (a)

Villa (a)

Everton (h)

Nasty fixture list that, though Chelsea can be anything from one game to the next. ALso an FA Cup replay to fit in there, and perhaps a further game vs City, and the next round of the Europa.

And finally, Arsenal:

Bayern (a)

Swansea (a)

REading (h)

West Brom (a)

Everton (h)

Norwich (h)

Fulham (a)

Man United (h)

QPR (a)

Wigan (h)

Newcastle (a)

Cunts are well placed to put a run together, let's just hope that Wenger fucks it up.

I believe in 4th place.

I also love our away support' date=' away games do not faze me.

Our remaining fixtures:

Southampton (a)

Villa (a)

West Ham (h)

Reading (a)

Chelsea (h)

Newcastle (a)

Everton (h)

Fulham (a)

QPR (h)

Forget the games in hand, we're 7 points off 4th place as it stands, and with no cup competitions to distract us.

Spurs run in:

Inter (a)

Fulham (h)

Swansea (a)

Everton (h)

Chelsea (a)

Man City (h)

Wigan (a)

Southampton (h)

Stoke (a)

Sunderland (h)

Those last four games will be nightmares for them, all could go down but not all will be doomed like QPR will.

Chelsea's run in:

Steaua (h)

West Ham (h)

Southampton (a)

Sunderland (h)

Tottenham (h)

Liverpool (a)

Swansea (h)

Man UNited (a)

Villa (a)

Everton (h)

Nasty fixture list that, though Chelsea can be anything from one game to the next. ALso an FA Cup replay to fit in there, and perhaps a further game vs City, and the next round of the Europa.

And finally, Arsenal:

Bayern (a)

Swansea (a)

REading (h)

West Brom (a)

Everton (h)

Norwich (h)

Fulham (a)

Man United (h)

QPR (a)

Wigan (h)

Newcastle (a)

Cunts are well placed to put a run together, let's just hope that Wenger fucks it up.[/quote']

Nice stats shown, but I'll rather we end up in 3rd with arsenal in 4th. I fucking hate spurs and Chelsea.

We need the other teams to lose of course, but I still think it's in our hands if we get top four. Win all our matches and the place is ours.

But the big challenge will be how we react mentally if we get within shooting distance. We're playing without pressure at the moment. Once that CL-place looks possible the pressure will be mounting. Usually we react poorly to such circumstances, fans and players alike. Hope this time can be different.

Spurs was probably one of the few times I can remember such an attacking side, yeah maybe it was naive after we went 2-1 down.

But ultimately with intent and drive you're going to win more games with that approach than lose them.

I think Rodgers is boss

Fuckin hell your one confused guy

So our season changed when we signed Sturridge and Coutinho? Ermmm who signed them?

Those players coming good are coming good under which manager?

Thanks for agreeing with me

These players are coming good because they are capable of GOOD; not because they are getting xtra attention. They've decided to change their attitude, and, as is always the case, some players take longer to settle. The talent was spotted by the previous management. Essentially, BR INHERITED a pretty good team, without the handicap of a Suarez ten match ban or a long term Lucas injury.

Regarding Coutinho and Sturridge, Coutinho is a real find, no doubt about that, but my point regarding Sturridge or someone of his ilk, a poacher if you will, was badly needed at the START of the season, when Carroll was ditched, and NOT halfway through having blown 15 mil on Allen, and with any chance of being competitve for trophies, all but lost.

Glad you agree with ME.

Thought he actually waited too long to change things myself' date=' not necessarily making subs but just tinkering with the formation a little bit like trying switching Coutinho and Downing towards the end of the first half. But fair play to him for consolidating things when Spurs were bossing the game and well done to the players for pouncing on one Spurs mistake and then not letting them back in the game.

Defensively there are still problems, yet again we had to score three to win and aerially we are a mess at the back but for all Spurs pressure Jones had reasonably little to do.

I hope the beating the top sides hoodoo can now be laid to rest and we can continue to pick up points the way we have recently.

Europe should be a real possibility now.[/quote']

unfortunately, there's just a little matter of the FA Cup. Fourth, I'm unwilling to get excited about, and if Wigan fight their way ino the FA Cup final, my understanding is that they will get that last Europa birth.

unfortunately, there's just a little matter of the FA Cup. Fourth, I'm unwilling to get excited about, and if Wigan fight their way ino the FA Cup final, my understanding is that they will get that last Europa birth.

Which they should do against Championship opposition (although on second thoughts, that's just the type of game they'd lose).

True' date=' but their league is not as competitive as ours at the top end. There are no financial powerhouses such as man city and chelsea buying every player in sight. It's not a worthwhile comparison.[/quote']

You dont think Bayern are a financial powerhouse? Ribery, Neuer, Martinez, Lahm, Shakiri, Robben, etc, etc.

Theyve won the EC more times than anybody in England except us too.

Not competitive? Bayern, Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Bremen have won their league in recent years too.

I am confident we can finish top four under Rodgers next season. We have an outside chance this season, but I think we have too much to do.

I don't think I can say I am confident we can win the league under him until I see us defending much better.

These players are coming good because they are capable of GOOD; not because they are getting xtra attention. They've decided to change their attitude, and, as is always the case, some players take longer to settle. The talent was spotted by the previous management. Essentially, BR INHERITED a pretty good team, without the handicap of a Suarez ten match ban or a long term Lucas injury.

Regarding Coutinho and Sturridge, Coutinho is a real find, no doubt about that, but my point regarding Sturridge or someone of his ilk, a poacher if you will, was badly needed at the START of the season, when Carroll was ditched, and NOT halfway through having blown 15 mil on Allen, and with any chance of being competitve for trophies, all but lost.

So the manager dropping 2 under performing players in downing/henderson, and publicly criticising them had nothing to do with them picking up their game?

Stating that if you want to play for Liverpool you have to perform at a certain standard or you wont get a game....that had nothing to do with it?

Picking kids for months on end ahead of them, that didn't give them a wake up call?

Inherited a good team? Well a decent cup team that underperformed in the league for years is more accurate.

He got rid of Adam, kuyt, maxi, carroll and will probably get rid of Coates. Whilst dropping Henderson and Downing tells me that "inherited team" was actually pretty shit, mainly because it was, and his team selection showed this.

He bought Sturridge and Coutinho, nobody put a gun to his head. They have improved the team massively and pretty instantly. He axed the above players and told the ones who werent playing well enough that they could be shown the door. His man management of those players has been brilliant and forced them into performing better.

He refused to get bullied over the Sigurdsson deal, which was vital in us not getting bullied over the Sturridge and Coutinho deals. We picked them both up for very good fee's, something Liverpool havent done for years.

Not getting a striker in the summer to replace carroll wasn't his fault, he identified that he needed one, but we had Ian Ayre negotiating and it went tits up.

Fuck trophies, we have been winning cups for 20+ years now, with only 2 serious challenges for the league in that time. Its time to look at the bigger picture and actually build a team, squad and system that can make us competitive for the league, europe and domestic ups, year on year. That takes fucking time and Rodgers is making fantastic progress in only 8 months towards this.

Top clubs dont have a "cup run" they have an expectancy to win those cups, or get very close, because of the way they play.

If the majority of the money we get in the summer is invested in the defense (and invested well) then I can definitely see us in the top 4. We will probably need to win 7 or 8 of our remaining games to get their this season and I'm not optimistic about that. Hope springs eternal though.

I like this thread. The positivity makes me feel happy. People are saying its unrealistic... I'd sooner be unrealistic than realistic. Realistic is for dick 'eads and boring bastards. Nobody ever got anywhere by being realistic.

I'm all for positivity but you have to acknowledge problems before you can fix them.

I like this thread. The positivity makes me feel happy. People are saying its unrealistic... I'd sooner be unrealistic than realistic. Realistic is for dick 'eads and boring bastards. Nobody ever got anywhere by being realistic.

lolololol your fucking insane, and people like you are destroying the fabric of society. Back to school with you.