You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

Slowly moving everything back over the mostly vegan. It will never be 100% as if I can't find a good yoghurt ill likely just use normal yoghurt and I'll eat eggs now and again. Anyway just had one of these one pot vegan meals at work. Had a bit of root veg mash aswell. Probably a bit to much. But they are really good and worth a look for work, quick meal etc

Had the West African peanut and chickpea. Would maybe add a touch of hot sauce if you like it hot. It's quiet well spiced(not heat) for something like this

20210130_215308.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 23/08/2021 at 19:13, Strontium Dog™ said:

I had Greggs' new vegan sausage, bean and cheese melt and in all honesty I don't know why anyone would eat anything else.

They're going to have to take the roof off my house.

I feel violated on your behalf. 

• 2 months later...

MrsD wanted steak for her birthday meal. I cooked, what was probably, the best steak I've ever cooked. Then I tucked into my cauliflower steak which was delicious and guilt free. 70 days since I've eaten a mammal. Fish becoming less and less too. Losing weight and feeling better about my impact on the world. 

The plate is chipped, not arsed. 

20211031_182554.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

MrsD wanted steak for her birthday meal. I cooked, what was probably, the best steak I've ever cooked. Then I tucked into my cauliflower steak which was delicious and guilt free. 70 days since I've eaten a mammal. Fish becoming less and less too. Losing weight and feeling better about my impact on the world. 

20211031_182554.jpg

Looks nice that mate 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Really was. Ended up eating the whole head which I might regret later. Just brushed with olive oil and some spices, in the oven for about 30 mins. Quality. 

Yeah I make them for her quite often. Lash some tahini on it before you put it in the oven, out of this world 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

20211031_182554.jpg

Repped. Great effort, Paulie. I really respect what you are doing. Cauliflower, mushrooms and tomato look very nice. Are they fucking oven chips, though?

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes it was quite tasty. I took a photo of mine for posterity. 

FB_IMG_1641829929423.jpg

That looks fit. She's made-up that all the fast food paces have got big plant based menus now so I'm just waiting for her new year new me diet to finish so she can order a load and I can sample them. 

14 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Wasn’t there an issue with the BK one where it’s not actually vegan due to the cooking process?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.com/today/amp/tdna160203

Yeah, they are cooked on the same grill as the normal burgers which is why I don't order them anymore. That being said, I've been told by a chef friend of mine who is also vegan the same probably goes for every veggie/vegan burger when you're ordering out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Yeah, they are cooked on the same grill as the normal burgers which is why I don't order them anymore. That being said, I've been told by a chef friend of mine who is also vegan the same probably goes for every veggie/vegan burger when you're ordering out.

They all do it. I worked in McDonald's for about a month when I walked out on a job as a teenager and had a big blowout when I told them I wouldn't cook veggie burgers in the same oil as the chicken burgers. I didn't last long. I suffer from nosebleeds sometimes in the summer, had a nosebleed start whole getting changed and clocked in 10 mins late. Was told I should have come and told them. My reply

'you want me to walk through a working kitchen with a nose bleed?

'Yes'

" I'll repeat that,'l you want me to walk through a working kitchen with a nose bleed?

'Yes'

'Are you fucking stupid, blood in a working kitchen. I've been dealing with these for 15 years, I know how to deal with a nose bleed. And you don't trail blood through a kitchen, unless you want to close for a deep clean". 

"Im a assistant manager, I've done health and safety and first aid courses". 

"You are a fucking idiot ,fuck you,fuck your job oh and you better get someone in as you have 15 cages of frozen food outside with the delivery driver and I'm going home"

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Em City said:

The mcPlant is lovely to be fair.

Burger King's plant-based Whopper is different gravy though.

That is the best one I have had.

Weird but I think both the McPlant and Whopper are pretty much the same calories and carbs as a Quarter Lb or Whopper with more fat in them. You are made to believe they are healthier.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So do I, when they actually deliver them to me, instead of the chicken wraps they delivered tonight.

Last time I went they didn't even put it in the fucking bag. Got home and noticed it wasn't there and I was fuming. I wouldn't mind but when I was in the store I went to check the bag and the girl on the desk gave me a shitty look and told me everything was in there.

Well it wasn't, was it! It was then I knew 2022 was going to be crap. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Last time I went they didn't even put it in the fucking bag. Got home and noticed it wasn't there and I was fuming. I wouldn't mind but when I was in the store I went to check the bag and the girl on the desk gave me a shitty look and told me everything was in there.

Well it wasn't, was it! It was then I knew 2022 was going to be crap. 

You always have to check. They're fucking useless. Most of the time I order cheese dippers too, and most of the time they don't include any dips. Clue is in the name, guys.