You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

You forgot the bit where I said that she doesnt really like vegetables....although I do agree with the point you make. She seems less concerned about variety in her food then me and has been eating a lot of tomato sauce based meals (and I dont mean ketchup!)

A veggie that doesnt like veg

You need to send her to the Hare Krishna temple,they do not eat root vegetables either

Oh, and Si, go and make you're peace with PP, those bloody animals arent half slowing down scrolling up and down pages

I know they are mine too dont know how the fuck they escaped the beef Lasagnes

Son of a...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Twilight_angry_s02e02.png

I have the same attitude to these threads as SD does to religious ones, I just get the urge to wade in and tell everyone how much I love steak.

There was a thing on BBC2 years ago where they showed the whole butchering process of a lamb to the audience live, from bleating to bolt gun to cleaver to plate. It was supposed to make people think about the whole thing and probably make them a little disgusted, but it genuinely just made me feel hungry. If I could get my mouth around the plank on Noah's Ark while all the animals were coming out I would, I'd eat them all.

I have the same attitude to these threads as SD does to religious ones, I just get the urge to wade in and tell everyone how much I love steak.

There was a thing on BBC2 years ago where they showed the whole butchering process of a lamb to the audience live, from bleating to bolt gun to cleaver to plate. It was supposed to make people think about the whole thing and probably make them a little disgusted, but it genuinely just made me feel hungry. If I could get my mouth around the plank on Noah's Ark while all the animals were coming out I would, I'd eat them all.

You're honestly comfortable with an animal , who has every right to its life just the same as you do being slaughtered, probably terrified just so you can fill your face? Do you not feel even slightly guilty?

You're honestly comfortable with an animal , who has every right to its life just the same as you do being slaughtered, probably terrified just so you can fill your face? Do you not feel even slightly guilty?

There's all sorts of argument there isn't there? Will the meat industry stop just because you take a stand against it, will even one fewer animal be killed? Bearing in mind those animals are bred for food, they wouldn't exist in the first place if the demand wasn't there. They wouldn't suddenly all be freed to go and live on a farm somewhere, and if they where they'd over run the environment and end up being culled.

Animals eat animals, it's simply the order of things. Why should I not be allowed to eat a cow but a wolf can? Hardly fair that is it?

But they are against meat. So why eat something classed as meaty?

Vegetarians are against killing animals for food. They are not against meaty things, unless (and obviously) they have been acquired through killing an animal.

Plants and Fungi have every right to live

Nothing has a "right" to live. What some creatures have, however, is the ability to sense, to experience pain and emotion. If something runs away as I chase it with an axe, I'm inclined to leave it be. To date, this is something that apples and mushrooms have yet to do.

There's all sorts of argument there isn't there? Will the meat industry stop just because you take a stand against it, will even one fewer animal be killed? Bearing in mind those animals are bred for food, they wouldn't exist in the first place if the demand wasn't there. They wouldn't suddenly all be freed to go and live on a farm somewhere, and if they where they'd over run the environment and end up being culled.

Animals eat animals, it's simply the order of things. Why should I not be allowed to eat a cow but a wolf can? Hardly fair that is it?

A wolf would eat a cow to survive, you don't need to. There's no comparison.

I know they are mine too dont know how the fuck they escaped the beef Lasagnes

I laughed.

A wolf would eat a cow to survive, you don't need to. There's no comparison.

I'm no devout meathead as I've already pointed out, but if humans just stopped eating meat, they'd be competing for 'vegetarian friendly' resources with herbivores (and omnivores) to a far greater extent than they currently do. Killing animals would eventually become necessary to ensure survival anyway.

I'm no devout meathead as I've already pointed out, but if humans just stopped eating meat, they'd be competing for 'vegetarian friendly' resources with herbivores (and omnivores) to a far greater extent than they currently do. Killing animals would eventually become necessary to ensure survival anyway.

What am I missing? All I can think of is the amount of feed required to produce the meat in the first place. I'd always understood it to be a very inefficient foodstuff

Cow corn is propped up by subsidies though - they could not grow it if they were getting market price. Suffice to say that unless everyone was happy eating either 80% corn/rice or the majority of their diet out a can or a freezer it would be very difficult to grow enough produce to as Geldof said - feed the world. And it would be a hella more expensive.

Cow corn is propped up by subsidies though - they could not grow it if they were getting market price. Suffice to say that unless everyone was happy eating either 80% corn/rice or the majority of their diet out a can or a freezer it would be very difficult to grow enough produce to as Geldof said - feed the world. And it would be a hella more expensive.

So, if there was a will those subsidies could be transferred to growing non meat foods. No?

I laughed.

Sorry mate not having that, we could easily survive food wise without having to slaughter animals.

So, if there was a will those subsidies could be transferred to growing non meat foods. No?

I don't think there should be any but in America yeah, in the rest of the world not sure tbh. The cheapest way to create carbohydrates has been a billion dollar business for more than half a century- making food more expensive is never going to happen.

I normally can't be arsed with these threads, and I probably should leave this as I'm extremely drunk, but for me, killing animals who can experience pain and fear just so you can eat their flesh, when you can easily exist without that, is wrong.

What the people who eat meat should say is they don't give a shit about animals and they eat them because they are selfish cunts and they like the taste. I woudn't agree with that, but I'd respect the honesty there. I'm also not a fan of the ' if you stop eating meat, someone else will and the animal will still be killed ' argument. I've lost days recently striking against pension cuts and job losses. Has it stopped them happening? Has it fuck. Will it stop it happening? No chance. It's the principle that counts, for me.

Instead, you mostly get, well wolves/bears/tigers or whatever the fuck kill, which is totally irrelevant as they do so out of necessity, or the other lame argument about them only existing because people eat meat. As if that is a valid excuse.

• Upvote 1

I normally can't be arsed with these threads, and I probably should leave this as I'm extremely drunk, but for me, killing animals who can experience pain and fear just so you can eat their flesh, when you can easily exist without that, is wrong.

What the people who eat meat should say is they don't give a shit about animals and they eat them because they are selfish cunts and they like the taste. I woudn't agree with that, but I'd respect the honesty there. I'm also not a fan of the ' if you stop eating meat, someone else will and the animal will still be killed ' argument. I've lost days recently striking against pension cuts and job losses. Has it stopped them happening? Has it fuck. Will it stop it happening? No chance. It's the principle that counts, for me.

Instead, you mostly get, well wolves/bears/tigers or whatever the fuck kill, which is totally irrelevant as they do so out of necessity, or the other lame argument about them only existing because people eat meat. As if that is a valid excuse.

Exactly what i was talking about the preaching and looking down on.

And also you say that while being drunk tell me whats your poison?

Exactly what i was talking about the preaching and looking down on.

It's not worth attempting to discuss anything with you Simon, because - and I genuinely don't mean this in a horrible way - you are a prize idiot.

I would, however, like to see another video like this. Come on, I know you must have one lying around somewhere.

iY_PTQgLaU8&

The alcohol is Woodford Reserve bourbon btw, and, to be fair, I owe a lot to the automatic spell checker.