Vegetarianism

Are you a vegetarian?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

Wether you agree or not you wanting Quorn Burgers is the same as saying you want a burger you know because they are supposed to taste and look like actual Beef Burgers. Do yous not think that the animals will be slaughtered no matter what you and the people not eating them is making that slaughter for nothing. My issues with Slaughtering is everything isn't used. I tend to use and buy un popular bits of meat.

Si you're having a mare here mate.

Your point about nose to tail is 100% correct but you're losing it on the quorn shite.

Mmmmmh meat.

The body need protein, where will you get it if you dont eat meat or fish?

You can get it very easily through Beans, Lentils and Legumes,Nuts,Tofu,whole grains,

Wether you agree or not you wanting Quorn Burgers is the same as saying you want a burger you know because they are supposed to taste and look like actual Beef Burgers. Do yous not think that the animals will be slaughtered no matter what you and the people not eating them is making that slaughter for nothing. My issues with Slaughtering is everything isn't used. I tend to use and buy un popular bits of meat.

Simon, fucking hell. I've never melted down on this forum but I am close to it right now and mostly because I was convinced you were a troll (which doesn't bother me as I just thought 'hehe, that simon guy') but now I realize you are serious.

Your general ignorance with regard to life, along with your ignorance with regard to food and attitudes of the people who eat, makes the thought of you serving food to the general public terrify me.

twilight_sparkle___i_said_no_by_dentist73548-d41mcbq.png

Also wheres your stances on milk eggs Cheese etc?

I guess some people are happy to eat these as they don't necessarily have to lead to the slaughter of the animal.

Others won't on ethical grounds.

The body need protein, where will you get it if you dont eat meat or fish?

Pulses

Grains

Nuts

Eggs

Mushrooms

Most people eat too much protein as it is anyway.

Also wheres your stances on milk eggs Cheese etc?

Seeing as you can get milk without killing a animal its not normally a issue

You can buy vegetarian eggs.

vegetarian eggs refer to the fact that the hens are fed a vegetarian diet rather than feed that contains animal byproducts. All eggs that are sold for consumption are simply harvested before the hens sit on them, the hens have also not been mated with roosters, so the eggs are not fertilized and the embryo will not develop into a chick even if it is set upon. When you eat an egg, you are not killing a chicken. eggs are not injected with chemicals to stop any development,

I guess some people are happy to eat these as they don't necessarily have to lead to the slaughter of the animal.

Others won't on ethical grounds.

Eggs milk etc if extremely cruel imo. Atleast the slaughter of a animal is fast.

Eggs milk etc if extremely cruel imo. Atleast the slaughter of a animal is fast.

Don't you dare, don't you FUCKING DARE.

You're making me want to stick up for those veggie hippy freaks.

Wether you agree or not you wanting Quorn Burgers is the same as saying you want a burger you know because they are supposed to taste and look like actual Beef Burgers. Do yous not think that the animals will be slaughtered no matter what you and the people not eating them is making that slaughter for nothing.

Si, that's completely mental. Are you saying that because veggies are buying Quorn burgers that meat producers will make the same amount of beef burgers to just be thrown away?

My issues with Slaughtering is everything isn't used. I tend to use and buy un popular bits of meat.

That's a fair point and something most people would agree with. I personally long for the days when chicken nuggets were made out of good old mechanically reclaimed meat, they tasted so much better.

Seeing as you can get milk without killing a animal its not normally a issue

You can buy vegetarian eggs.

vegetarian eggs refer to the fact that the hens are fed a vegetarian diet rather than feed that contains animal byproducts. All eggs that are sold for consumption are simply harvested before the hens sit on them, the hens have also not been mated with roosters, so the eggs are not fertilized and the embryo will not develop into a chick even if it is set upon. When you eat an egg, you are not killing a chicken. eggs are not injected with chemicals to stop any development,

So what about the Egg in Quorn? How can people be sure thats Vegtarian?

On a deeper level, the fact that 90% any of the animals you would be saving from either slaughter or "maltreatment" would not have been born anyway makes it a bit of a karma chameleon.

Si, that's completely mental. Are you saying that because veggies are buying Quorn burgers that meat producers will make the same amount of beef burgers to just be thrown away?

That's a fair point and something most people would agree with. I personally long for the days when chicken nuggets were made out of good old mechanically reclaimed meat, they tasted so much better.

Im simply saying the same amount of animal and more are getting Slaughtered for Super Markets Butchers etc sadly that wont Change and more of the Animal goes to waste as a result of people not buying it. I believe far too much is put on shelves. And goes to waste i believe dates need changing and the way Meat is displayed does aswell. I believe meat should be soley Displayed in the Frozen Section. And there displayed Sell by Date should be lengthened. But what i believe wont make a Difference. Why cant Quorn advertise as something else? why do they have to join the meat world in the Name of there products?

So what about the Egg in Quorn? How can people be sure thats Vegtarian?

Have you ever considered the food industry may not be for you given you have absolutely no idea about it?

47482%2520-%2520computer%2520denied%2520do_not_want%2520hardware_abuse%2520no%2520punch%2520twilight_sparkle.jpeg

Look at it So many hens are just tossed away when they cant be used no more. Your Talking Millions of Chickens just thrown and left to die.

Please do continue Si. What should we do with these chickens?

Twilight_Sparkle_is_smug-(n1299468485642).jpg

Im simply saying the same amount of animal and more are getting Slaughtered for Super Markets Butchers etc sadly that wont Change and more of the Animal goes to waste as a result of people not buying it. I believe far too much is put on shelves. And goes to waste i believe dates need changing and the way Meat is displayed does aswell. I believe meat should be soley Displayed in the Frozen Section. And there displayed Sell by Date should be lengthened. But what i believe wont make a Difference. Why cant Quorn advertise as something else? why do they have to join the meat world in the Name of there products?

Si you're going to piss off all veggies and all meat eaters at this rate.

Just take a step back and have a break between posts. Read some more, both sides of the arguments and digest the information before spouting off.

I'm afraid you've heard chefs give off soundbites about veggies and are repeating them without thinking it through properly.

Si you're going to piss off all veggies and all meat eaters at this rate.

Just take a step back and have a break between posts. Read some more, both sides of the arguments and digest the information before spouting off.

I'm afraid you've heard chefs give off soundbites about veggies and are repeating them without thinking it through properly.

I agree to points with veggies mate but usually Vegans get my absolute full support. Vegans do it Properly and share my same views about Quorn.