You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

• 1 month later...

The irresistible smell of barbecues has been driving me crazy lately, so I was in serious need of a burger fix. I got some of those No Bull Quarter Pounders from Iceland and they were terrific. Fried them up in the pan and that charred them nicely. Tastes great and looks authentic too, even my carnivorous fiancee thought them delicious.

burgertime.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The irresistible smell of barbecues has been driving me crazy lately, so I was in serious need of a burger fix. I got some of those No Bull Quarter Pounders from Iceland and they were terrific. Fried them up in the pan and that charred them nicely. Tastes great and looks authentic too, even my carnivorous fiancee thought them delicious.

burgertime.jpg

Surprised that the smell of BBQ is irresistible to you Stronts, the smell knocks me sick. 

Not sure I've tried these burgers, will give them a whirl

Tempted to try and start by going 1 day a week, then 2 etc and phase a good bit of meat out. For economic, environmental and maybe a few ethical reasons.

Was eating chicken wings last night and my 10 year old daughter, who had never eaten wings before, just looked at the bones after eating them saying "these are so lovely, but, poor chickens *sad face*".

Bloody kids making me feel guilty about being a murderer.

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

burgertime.jpg

They're lovely, I usually have them in the freezer. Co-op do an impossible burgers as well which is worth a go. I'd recommend call the Vivera stuff except the steaks. 

5 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Tempted to try and start by going 1 day a week, then 2 etc and phase a good bit of meat out. For economic, environmental and maybe a few ethical reasons.

Was eating chicken wings last night and my 10 year old daughter, who had never eaten wings before, just looked at the bones after eating them saying "these are so lovely, but, poor chickens *sad face*".

Bloody kids making me feel guilty about being a murderer.

My kid does this "it's sad for the pigs" as get and MrsD wolf a bacon barm 

• 4 months later...
35 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Going full on vegan because of watching a interview with two type 1 diabetic scientists who have looked into the science behind it. It's even more restrictive as they cut the fatty foods and oils out aswell. 

Have you seen The Game Changers?

220px-The_Game_Changers_-_poster.jpg

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

First bowl and see how this goes

Chickpeas, lemon, garlic, mustard, tomatoes. 

Grated carrot

Cavallo nero

Red pepper

Steamed beetroot

Mange tout

Sweet potato

Pickled cauliflower 

Hot sauce, lime and pepper

IMG_20200914_134548.jpg

That looks really nice but there is so much going on in this pic. Firstly I can see your toes. It also looks like you've got some used tissues there. God only knows what they have been used to wipe up. Xbox is shit compared to the PS and that remote teetering on the brink is sending my anxiety through the roof 

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That looks really nice but there is so much going on in this pic. Firstly I can see your toes. It also looks like you've got some used tissues there. God only knows what they have been used to wipe up. Xbox is shit compared to the PS and that remote teetering on the brink is sending my anxiety through the roof 

I'm sick

All the curtains are closed and I'm not with it. I have the PS4 aswell. 

I'm taking the opportunity to squeeze in a couple more BBQs with this weather. Tonight I'm going to serve up some halloumi burgers (grated halloumi, courgette and carrot) with a cucumber, sour cream and dill salad, various pickles and some homemade olive and sun-dried tomato sourdough. All of the fresh veg will be coming straight from the garden. Skill.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

First bowl and see how this goes

Chickpeas, lemon, garlic, mustard, tomatoes. 

Grated carrot

Cavallo nero

Red pepper

Steamed beetroot

Mange tout

Sweet potato

Pickled cauliflower 

Hot sauce, lime and pepper

IMG_20200914_134548.jpg

That's obviously really healthy but it'd be an absolute chore to eat.

1 hour ago, Chip Butty said:

The Richmond meat free sausage, is an absolute game changer. Fry slowly in butter and enjoy. I'm 90% of the way there to a full anglettere.

If someone can sort bacon out, which is nigh on impossible, then its 100% back in the game. 

Richmond pork sausages are utter shite. I’ve never had their meat free version but I can’t imagine they are any better. I’d rather eat Lee’s food.

• Upvote 1

Ordered a heap if meatless wonders from iceland. Will report back.

Side note, only just discovered that the iceland in a town near me delivers. The town is out of the way and awkward and shite so I never go, but now that they deliver free for orders over £35 and I have a chest freezer, I think I'll be stocking up from iceland regularly.