You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

4 hours ago, .̯. said:

I don't have a grudge against you, my friend. The heart of science is to disprove the existing/established theory which I'd have loved if you attempted that however you just plucked experience and opinions and tried to apply them with some complex and unnecessary vocab. Again, there's no animosity merely just a reluctance to discuss the ins and outs of established therapies within a depression thread that may discourage people from accessing therapy. 

AGREE TO DISAGREE.

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

Spoken like a true puppet of the Archons. 

I wasn't going to say it but now that you mention it.

Thought I’d post this Jeff Novick vid, to help those new to WFPB within the vegetarian society.

Jeff has a lot experience on fitness and nutrition, and this vid crammes a lot info into one learning session, on how to put a typical WFPB meal together for health and longevity. 

NB This particular vid cannot be enbedded, sorry.

https://youtu.be/0CdwWliv7Hg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Spring said:

Following on from the above, made my first veggie curry. Rarely get to make them as the misses doesnt like them much - not sure why I'm still with her really.

Anyway, Cauli korma laced with peppers, onions, herbs and coconut.

IMG_20190416_191830.jpg

Repped because I like vegetable curry. Korma sucks balls, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, just horrible. I don't know how people can live with being responsible for suffering like that.

Those chickens will be less than 2 months old. Selective breeding means they grow four times quicker than in the 1950s, which is why growth-related health issues are so widespread.

• 1 month later...
On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 14:33, Sixtimes Dog said:

If you do need protein, then soy ranks alongside egg and milk protein as the best there is, and mycoprotein (eg quorn) is as good or better than meat protein too.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-07/uoe-qpb070319.php

A study from the University of Exeter has found that mycoprotein, the protein-rich food source that is unique to Quorn products, stimulates post-exercise muscle building to a greater extent than milk protein.

The study evaluated the digestion of protein, which allows amino acids (the building blocks of protein) to increase in the bloodstream and then become available for muscle protein building in 20 healthy, trained young men at rest and following a bout of strenuous resistance exercise.

The young men performed the exercise and were then given either milk protein or mycoprotein.

Their muscle building rates were then measured using stable isotope labelled "tracers" in the hours following protein consumption.

Animal proteins like milk are an excellent source for muscle growth, so they provide a useful comparison for testing other protein sources.

The results showed that while those who ingested milk6 protein increased their muscle building rates by up to 60%, those who had mycoprotein increased their muscle growth rates (MGRs) by more than double this - showing that mycoprotein, the main ingredient in all Quorn products, is a more effective source of protein to promote muscle growth.

• 1 month later...

Well decide to swap over to a veggie diet. Not a moral thing really just really don't fancy the fact we will likely get plunged into the same food standards as the US in the coming months. Can't see local farms not cutting standards to compete financially. 

May have the odd bit of meat if I'm out but probably won't for a good while if at all

The food side is I'll be hitting the cupboards in a week or so after emptying my cupboards for a shit load of spices and will be going very heavy on Indian and Ital(authentic Rasta) cooking. Will be experimenting with rice alternatives aswell to keep carbs down a bit. Anyone got any good recipees

16 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Dhal/dahl/dal then

Yeah 

I love the stuff anyway. 

That and I'll use Paneer, Quorn, Soya chunks etc as replacements. Or just plain veg in some curries. Plenty of options really. If your eaten veg food not much better option than Indian. 

The odd North African, Arab dish too. 

I'll miss lamb mostly