You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

To shit more

Seriously. Its not a bad thing. Just more regular and softer.

Im not a veggie though have done it for 18 months a couple of times. Its pretty good so long as you can cook and have the time.

I'd probably do it again if i could find a good way of doing it low carb. Might try it with various soups and go veggie 5 days a week.

Never been so upset as the day that I found out that my eating habits made me a “flexitarian” and apparently I was at the forefront of some millennial hipster bollocks

I feel bad when I hear about some of the practises in farming. If I had the option of lab grown meat vs farmed and the products and prices were the same or only marginally different then I would go for lab bought every time.

Is this the first step in my conversion?

Consider yourself first - piles reduce due to no hard to digest meat, in your system(the poo flows man) and you also massively reduce the risk of colon cancer. Consider your own self preservation first, is what I would advise, then turn into Morrissey. 

• 2 months later...

My daughter has now decided she doesn't want to be vegetarian any more. I think it's tough being 8/9 and at kids parties, friends houses etc when everything is chicken nuggets etc.

Anyway, proud of her for sticking it out for 6 months or so. No doubt she'll try again when she's older.

Cast her into the wild, mate.

Cast her into the wild, mate.

That would be slightly hypocritical, given how much meat I eat.

I have cut down though, as a product of accommodating her previously, so some good has come of it. I mainly eat free range chicken/eggs, and steak once a week. Not much else, meat wise.

I eat more veggies than before.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Might have to rethink this vegetarian idea. 

Just tried 'meat-free mince' tacos and it's the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. 

Are all these meat-alternatives gash? Just bought a fucking weeks worth of the cardboard cunts. 

Try these. http://lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/our-food/frozen-range/vegetarian-mozzarella-14lb-burgers/

Nicer than normal burgers. Most of the range is pretty good. 

I'm a pescatarian, but I'm finding I'm eating less and less fish. Bar the brecky bit of course!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Try these. http://lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/our-food/frozen-range/vegetarian-mozzarella-14lb-burgers/

Nicer than normal burgers. Most of the range is pretty good. 

I'm a pescatarian, but I'm finding I'm eating less and less fish. Bar the brecky bit of course!

I'm all for bean burgers etc, especially with a slice of halloumi but anything that takes like watery cardboard I'm just going to lob before I try and convince myself that it's normal and that it doesn't taste like cardboard. 

Going to have to get a few beers in tomorrow to work through the Quorn selection. 

Seasons; If you like pasta, make your own pesto or tomato sauces. Dead easy, quick to do and taste way nicer.

At first we found ourselves looking for meat substitutes all the time, so we stopped and started making recipes that didn't use meat as a theme. So much nicer and easier on the heart and mind. I wouldn't kid meself any longer, its not going to beat the taste of a really juicy marbled with fat, piece of Ribeye or Rump, so whats the point trying.