You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

I went veggie for a month to win a bet a few years ago. Fairplay to you, its not for me.

I've worked around farms and seen the production of food first hand. I'm comfortable with it. I think I'd be prepared to slaughter my own meat if necessary. I think if you're not comfortable with those, then you should be considering it.

I found being a veggie hard work, especially labelling and eating out. It should be way easier than it is. Good on you.

That's what it boils down to RJ, whether or not you're comfortable with it. I'm not so it has to go.

Are you being serious? Are you saying people who eat quorn and such are enabling the meat industry?

If so, you sir, are a fucking idiot. And you are wrong, obviously.

Thats exactly what im saying, Quorn Bacon Quorn Sausages etc Quorn Chops etc wether you agree or not its still advertising meat.

Just a question mate and by no means a pop.

But if that's your ethical view then where does the money come from to look after them, feed them, vet them, pay for medicines, control their population etc?

I honestly don't know mate, there are lots of issues and I don't pretend to have the answers, I'm simply no longer comfortable with eating animals that have been slaughtered for me to feed on when it's not necessary. I'll never be a radical and I'll never criticise anybody for eating meat but for me I can no longer justify it.

That's what it boils down to RJ' date=' whether or not you're comfortable with it. I'm not so it has to go.[/quote']

Fair enough mate. We've all got our breaking point.

These threads often go the same way. A few meat eaters being provocative, etc. But you've got to go the way that feels right. I know meat eating is not great for the animal or the environment, but I can live with it, but I admire those that draw their line and live with it.

Thats exactly what im saying, Quorn Bacon Quorn Sausages etc Quorn Chops etc wether you agree or not its still advertising meat.

I can never tell if you are full retarded or just an elaborate troll. No Si, no. Seriously.

You are supposed to be a chef. You are supposed to understand peoples culinary tastes. You just don't get it do you?

NO

cc77225b.jpg

Eating stuff that looks like meat, tastes a bit like meat, but isn't meat is not in any way "advertising meat" or "supporting the cause of meat", whatever that is supposed to be.

A lot of meat eaters seem to have an issue with veggie burgers and the like, I put it down to them being a bit ignorant. It's not that we disagree with eating burgers, we just don't like killing animals and/or the waste of resources involved in raising animals for slaughter.

I honestly don't know mate, there are lots of issues and I don't pretend to have the answers, I'm simply no longer comfortable with eating animals that have been slaughtered for me to feed on when it's not necessary. I'll never be a radical and I'll never criticise anybody for eating meat but for me I can no longer justify it.

I've no problems with that mate, was just an honest question.

Much like the religion debate I get pissed off with the militants on both sides.

As far as im concerned if you are supporting something called Quorn then the name of the meat because your vegetarian then you are a hypocrite.

Vegetarians don't eat meat

Quorn isn't meat

Where is the hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy would be if someone called themself a vegetarian but was secretly stuffing Big Macs down their gob behind the bike shed.

• Upvote 1

As far as im concerned if you are supporting something called Quorn then the name of the meat because your vegetarian then you are a hypocrite.

Fucking hell Si. I'm speechless. I'm just going to post reaction pics from my avatar because honest to God mate... I wouldn't trust you to open a can of tuna and sprinkle some herbs on it and serve it to me and charge me a tenner and have a shit eating grin like you are the chef and inventor of this creation.

I just... fucking hell... what are you?

twilight_sparkle_no_colored_by_ricerodriguez-d46ryc1.png

I wonder how many Veggies would make that choice if there wasnt a meat industry.

The days are long gone but say we lived like the Native Americans,you follow the herds and hunt enough wild animals to live off.Only taking what is needed for survival.Nothing is wasted,the sinews are made into ropes/cords etc(amazing how much was used,inside NSFW).I dont think there would be nearly as many veggies about

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The North American bison. The word for buffalo in the Sioux language is Ta Tanka.

Each animal killed was thanked for giving its life to the people for their own existence.

Buffalo Parts Used -

(HIDE - BUCKSKIN)

moccasin tops, cradles, winter robes, bedding, breechclouts, shirts, leggings, lance covers, belts, dresses, pipe bags, pouches, paint bags, pouches, dolls, coup flag covers, quivers, tipi covers, gun cases, [Elk, Deer or Antelope hides were preferred for dresses for women as they were lighter than the heavier Buffalo skins]

(HAIR)

headdresses, saddle pad filler, pillows, rope, ornaments, halters, medicine balls

(TAIL)

medicine switch, fly brush, lodge exterior decorations, whips

(HOOF & FEET)

glue, rattles, hatchets or mallets used for butchering

(HORNS)

cups, fire carriers, powder horn, spoons, ladles, headdresses, signals, toys (wedges to split wood, tips, curing blood diseases, blood-sucking cups, scrapers with a blade inserted into them, parts of bows.

(MEAT) (every part eaten)

Pemmican (A mixture of jerky that is pounded or ground into a meal-like consistency, berries, and melted fat. Ground and dried nut meats like Pinion Pine Nuts were good additions. Honey was occasionally added to the mixture when available. Eaten raw or fried)

hump ribs eaten immediately

Jerky (air dried, thin strips of meat)

Liver was eaten immediately by the hunters, sprinkled with gall fluid and considered the trophy of the hunt.

(SKIN OF HIND LEG)

moccasins or boots

(RAWHIDE)

containers, clothing, headdress, food, medicine bags, shields, buckets, moccasin soles, rattles, drums, drumsticks, splints, cinches, ropes, belts, bullets, pouches, saddles, horse masks, lance cases, armbands, quirts, bull boats, knife cases, stirrups, thongs, horse ornaments.

(TANNED HIDES) Robes, tipi coverings, moccasins, loin clothes, wrappings for the dead, bedding, war deed records, winter counts, tipi flooring, various pouches, disguise for hunting more buffalo.

(BONES)

were used for tools. Needles. Awls were made to puncture the skins for sewing. Shoulder blades made digging hoes. Large leg bones were used as ground pegs. Bones were shaped as tools to flatten porcupine quills used in decoration. Skulls used in religious ceremonies.

(BUFFALO DUNG)

Dried, it was collected and used for fuel in fires to cook and provide heat. Finely powdered dung was used as a prevention of diaper rash.

(STOMACH.)

Water containers, Cooking, Boiling water, internal parts storage.

(BLADDER)

tobacco pouches, water containers.

(SCROTUM)

Rattles

(TRIPE)

Buckets and food storage.

(INTESTINES)

Water bags, intestine storage containers, sausage making.

(BRAINS)

tanning hides

(HEART)

eaten but outer lining used as a bag

(TALLOW)

Healing wounds, weaning children, sealing tobacco into pipes, mixing paints, sealing food into containers, mixed with jerky to make pemmican

(GRISTLE)

Glue, teething babies chewed it

(SINEW)

Ropes, cords, binding, small tool handles, attaching arrowheads, bow strings and backing, sewing thread, glue manufacture.

Eating stuff that looks like meat, tastes a bit like meat, but isn't meat is not in any way "advertising meat" or "supporting the cause of meat", whatever that is supposed to be.

A lot of meat eaters seem to have an issue with veggie burgers and the like, I put it down to them being a bit ignorant. It's not that we disagree with eating burgers, we just don't like killing animals and/or the waste of resources involved in raising animals for slaughter.

Wether you agree or not you wanting Quorn Burgers is the same as saying you want a burger you know because they are supposed to taste and look like actual Beef Burgers. Do yous not think that the animals will be slaughtered no matter what you and the people not eating them is making that slaughter for nothing. My issues with Slaughtering is everything isn't used. I tend to use and buy un popular bits of meat.

Wether you agree or not you wanting Quorn Burgers is the same as saying you want a burger you know because they are supposed to taste and look like actual Beef Burgers. Do yous not think that the animals will be slaughtered no matter what you and the people not eating them is making that slaughter for nothing. My issues with Slaughtering is everything isn't used. I tend to use and buy un popular bits of meat.

Do you think they slaughter the animals that veggies aren't eating, so we're being selfish?

• Upvote 1