You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW's Favourite Crisps Flavour

Vincent Vega

Favourite Crisp Flavour  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Crisp Flavour

• Ready Salted
    • Cheese 'n' Onion
    • Salt 'n' Vinegar
    • Beef (all variants)
    • Smokey Bacon
    • Roast Chicken
    • Prawn Cocktail
    • Pickled Onion
    • Worcester Sauce
    • Tomato Ketchup
    • Cheese

Brannigans are the kings.

Can't go wrong with most chilli crisps these days, Sensations kicked off something beautiful on that front.

RJ, can't stand with you on the Hula Hoops, C+O Hula Hoops are delicious, and the beef variant also easily beat the ready salted.

I voted Worcester Sauce though. Because it was my favourite as a kid.

Brannigans are the kings.

Can't go wrong with most chilli crisps these days' date=' Sensations kicked off something beautiful on that front.

RJ, can't stand with you on the Hula Hoops, C+O Hula Hoops are delicious, and the beef variant also easily beat the ready salted.

I voted Worcester Sauce though. Because it was my favourite as a kid.[/quote']

I'll take jiggery, but I won't have pokery.

Beef Hulas I can totally get on board with and are a bug's dick distance from winning; C&O Hulas, can't get excited about them I'm afraid.

I'll eat any of them, but smokey bacon / steak are the mainstream faves. Sainsbury's taste the diff cheddar and spring onion are top of the C & O charts for me, only been beaten by Taw Valley Cheddar and caramelised shallot ones they used to do in M&S. Flame grilled steak in Walkers crinkles / ridges. Just about all the McCoys are good. Yoghurt and sweet onion (or something like that) in kettle chips. T Bone steak in Roysters. Prawn cocktail in Pringles, although strictly speaking they aren't crisps. I could go on.

There used to be some ace flavours when we were kids; golden wonder sausage and tomato or some fried onion ones which came in a light green packet. That was in the seventies, before walkers took over the world.

A couple more points:

Kettle Chips and others of that type. Hand cooked? Piled high on the shelves of every supermarket. Seriously?

Try eating walkers cheese & onion after they've been chilled in the fridge.

Guest ShoePiss

Kettle chips are fucking shite, rock hard mouth cutters.

Hardly ever have crisps because there just isn't the range of wonderful artificial flavours here. I can't even remember what proper cheese and onions taste like, closest here is lays cheddar and chive efforts.

I also like trying cheap bags of crisp that they have in shops with spicy Transform-a-snack being my favourite.

Good call. Sometimes you find really weird crisps/snacks in little corner shops, like salt & vinegar & chilli Mccoys, or old school tomato flavour snaps.

Up until recently we used to get free crisps in work, usually buying those big walkers multipacks. The last ones to go were always the barbeque ones, followed by worcester sauce. Sometimes there would be upwards of thirty bags of the bbq ones that nobody really wanted, then they'd disappear one weekend when one of the old birds would take them to feed to the ducks.

The most popular were the bacon ones, probably because I ate about three bags a day!

Kettle chips are fucking shite, rock hard mouth cutters.

Hardly ever have crisps because there just isn't the range of wonderful artificial flavours here. I can't even remember what proper cheese and onions taste like, closest here is lays cheddar and chive efforts.

I feel that the crisps and other assorted savoury snacks field is one of the few things that us Brits still lead the world in.

Can never get any decent crisps in foreign climes

Guest davelfc

I went for pickled onion (monster munch) although they do not taste the same which is probably more to do with me getting older than the flavours.

I enjoyed tomato sauce flavour as a kid and later on worcester sauce flavour.