You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a greater risk of Suarez leaving this summer than most want to acknowledge with Bayern the main threat. He'll certainly go the year after if we're not in the CL. I think we'll get between £45-55m for him.

I really really don't want Bale to go to Man Utd- if he's sold for <£50m it will prove good value if he stays fit which is why I think they'll be in for him as a replacement for Giggs.

Wilshire is the outstanding player of his English generation. He's in a different stratosphere to Cleverly for example who I just don't get (like some of you don't get Wilshire I suppose)

Some of our fans - a disproportionate number on here are mongs.

There is more chance of me being the next manager than there is of Rodgers being sacked this summer.

WTF is happening with the stadium

I wish a generous billionaire would buy us - build the stadium with no debt and give us a transfer budget in line with our size ie the 2nd biggest in the league.

I think there is a greater risk of Suarez leaving this summer than most want to acknowledge with Bayern the main threat. He'll certainly go the year after if we're not in the CL. I think we'll get between £45-55m for him.

I really really don't want Bale to go to Man Utd- if he's sold for <£50m it will prove good value if he stays fit which is why I think they'll be in for him as a replacement for Giggs.

Wilshire is the outstanding player of his English generation. He's in a different stratosphere to Cleverly for example who I just don't get (like some of you don't get Wilshire I suppose)

Some of our fans - a disproportionate number on here are mongs.

There is more chance of me being the next manager than there is of Rodgers being sacked this summer.

WTF is happening with the stadium

I wish a generous billionaire would buy us - build the stadium with no debt and give us a transfer budget in line with our size ie the 2nd biggest in the league.

Me too, but he's a textbook Man U signing: annoying, diving, looks like a chimp, always pops up in the 90th minute to steal the game when it's hardly deserved.

If I was to pick to players certain to go to Man U in the next couple of years it'd be him and Fellaini.

I don't hate Michael Owen and consider him a Liverpool legend.

I shared Rashid's intense dislike of Peter Crouch.

I'd have Mourinho at Liverpool.

Yeah Owen was talent, and like Torres, Liverpool red suited him. Mourinho pisses all over Rodgers.

Kenny Dalglish is the greatest player I have ever seen play the game. He was producing Messi type play in an era when players could kick lumps out of each other and to get a red card you pretty much had to hit someone with a shovel.

However, he has done the club huge harm in both his managerial tenures.

The first time around he destroyed the long term structure of the club. It was all spend big money on the first team for immediate success and forget everything else. Forget youth development etc. As a result when he left we had and ageing team and no youth players (or young players bought cheap from the lower league to spend 2 years in the reserves to develop).

The second time around he spunked obsence amounts of money on shit players.

I still worship the guy though.

I hate football interviews. Never listen to them. Could not give a fuck what any player or coach has to say.

I dislike when our players and managers talk to the offal about 'turning the corner' and the need to 'work hard' after a setback. Turn the corner often enough and you'll soon be back in a place where you previously stated you needed to turn the corner. And banging on about working hard is just a bullshit cover-up way of saying you neither understand the problem never mind being able to identify a solution, and it also implies that you haven't been working hard enough previously. These phrases are neither motivational nor inspirational, so are not worth airing.