You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only airing my very unpopular views here because of the amnesty.

I think Xabi Alonso only upped his game after the threat of being replaced by Gareth Barry, and he upped his game because he was in the shop window.

Alonso couldn't get out of Liverpool fast enough and I don't understand the adoration for him.I hate Alonso's ginger beard.

Anyone negging me, even though these unpopular opinions are written under amnesty, will make me very cross....very cross indeed.

Aye, same. Like him as much as I do Mascherano.

Rickie Lambert is far superior to Andy Carroll, il'd have Lambert here in a flash as a squad player.

People said the same thing about Grant Holt last season, even talked about him going to the Euro Champs. Just saying.

I hope we get rid of Joe Allen in the summer.

Fuck off.

Just kidding.

Fuck off.

Just kidding. I think he'll come good, he was brilliant earlier in the season, people overlook that.

Without wanting to sound like a patronising cunt, surely its always been so obvious to anyone with half a clue that Suarez would be better playing behind a good striker in a freeish sort of role?, never in a million years in Suarez a number 9, it restricts him and our team, hes far to busy and creative for that to be his best position, he can play there and do well because hes a genius player but he will be far more of a threat in a free role behind a good striker which thankfully we now finally have in Sturridge.

I know what you mean.

Yeah I really just opened with the Suarez is better playing with a pacey striker line to pacify anyone who might throw a wobbler when I dared suggest Luis tries a little bit too much dribbling through defenders.

I think Rodgers is great - I think he as accussed of talking 'bollocks' because he isn't a footballer talking in cliche's all the time, he is clearly more intelligent than your average manager/coach.

It's a sad day when you have eulogise about the manager in an amnesty thread!

Though, I agree.

Agreed. Why would a ginger want to fucking further advertise the fact they're ginger?

Exactly! It's like a Paedo holding hands with a 12 year old - and yes I did just compare Paedo's & Gingers, which is wrong I know - so i'd like to state this was just for comedic effect and I didn't mean to offend any Paedo's!

It's a sad day when you have eulogise about the manager in an amnesty thread!

Though, I agree.

I daresay opinion on what Shankly used to say would alter had he not been so successful! We forgive most things if our manager is successful.

I'd say thats a more popular opinion than you realise.

Theres still a few die hards that think winning the League Cup is better for our long term future. Alas it fucking isn't.

I had no idea that winning the League Cup and finishing in the CL spots were alternatives. This die hard always thought you could do both. I beleive that you're allowed to compete for the FA Cup too. Obviously, if you know different we can petiton the FA and UEFA to make the Mancs choose only one of the PL, the FA Cup or the CL.

Jack Wilshere isn't anything special

a good player of course but nowhere near what he is made out to be, my prediction is he will move to one of the two manc clubs, have a decent career there but constantly be shown up on the International and Champions League stage like so many English players before him

I find it hard to believe people seriously make these comparisons between Shankly and Rodgers.

It wasn't, it was a comment upon our (fans) attitude towards managers and how that isn't dictated by the characteristics of the manager but by how successful he is - it is disingenuous to focus upon their 'quirks' - which would be irrelevant if they were successful.

Coro, I am not sure you understand the thread.

I do.

Fuck amnesty.

It wasn't, it was a comment upon our (fans) attitude towards managers and how that isn't dictated by the characteristics of the manager but by how successful he is - it is disingenuous to focus upon their 'quirks' - which would be irrelevant if they were successful.

I'm not sure I follow.

Shankly was successful because of his attitude?

With Rodgers what are people supposed to focus on?