You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

Might have had a thread like his before but I'm on my phone and can't be arsed searching for it.

Bar staff in expensive bars/restaurants.

In a restaurant in the Albert dock last night having a meal for my mums 50th. Go the bar and get two drinks.

Barmaid : £8.05.

Me : * hands her a ten pound note *

Barmaid : have you got the 5p?

Me : I haven't sorry.

Barmaid : You're not really helping me out here, are you?

What does she expect me to do? Magic a fucking 5 pence piece out of thin air?

A girl I work with was in Blue bar or Pan Am and ordered a single vodka and coke which was £9. She says to the barman, just joking, expensive in here isn't it? He says leave your drink on the bar and get out if you don't like it.

It's the way they look down at you and speak to you like you're a piece of shit, when they are probably earning just over the minimum wage pouring pints. Cheeky cunts.

Staff in expensive shops as well, similar to the above.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know who are the biggest cunts. YOU the public.

Yes thats right. That twat moaning about 6.00 for a vodka fuck off somewhere else then.

A) It was £9.

B) They were joking, not moaning.

C) If you work in a bar, then you are working in the service industry. Key word being ' service. '

D) We are all the public at some point in our daily lives. So we are all the

' biggest cunts? ' makes sense.

A) It was £9.

B) They were joking, not moaning.

C) If you work in a bar, then you are working in the service industry. Key word being ' service. '

D) We are all the public at some point in our daily lives. So we are all the

' biggest cunts? ' makes sense.

There is an element in Anny's post which is undeniably true. The public are fucking cunts. It probably explains the bar workers problem with you. Nothing you actually did - or even you, but you are a member of the public and they are probably so sick utter wankers, that they treat everyone the same. Which is wrong ofcourse, but probably explains why there may have been sarcasm/edge to the bar persons manner.

I know this because my better half is a hairdresser, and she has to deal with Joe Public all day, every day. She comes home like a coiled up spring most days because she meets some of the most monumental cunts to ever walk the earth.

Anyone who has to deal with people get's my sympathy.

Except estate agents, who can fuck off.

There is an element in Anny's post which is undeniably true. The public are fucking cunts. It probably explains the bar workers problem with you. Nothing you actually did - or even you, but you are a member of the public and they are probably so sick utter wankers, that they treat everyone the same. Which is wrong ofcourse, but probably explains why there may have been sarcasm/edge to the bar persons manner.

I know this because my better half is a hairdresser, and she has to deal with Joe Public all day, every day. She comes home like a coiled up spring most days because she meets some of the most monumental cunts to ever walk the earth.

Anyone who has to deal with people get's my sympathy.

Except estate agents, who can fuck off.

As someone who ran a shop which was the biggest supplier of power tool parts in the country, I reckon I have a good handle on the public. The vast majority of the people you serve are sound. You get the odd cunt, but that's true in every job; if your reaction to dealing with a few cunts is to have a superior attitude and intentionally rub people the wrong way, then I can tell you that your job is going to be 10 times harder than it has to be.

It seems like you are saying they are somewhat entitled to be a bit of a dickhead because they may have served some idiot customers before you. I disagree. Most of the big kick offs I had in my shop stemmed from members of my staff being a bit of a dick in the first place and riling people up. Of course you get the odd unreasonable customer, but you're getting paid to deal with that.

It's one thing I've noticed whenever I've been to America or Canada, the level of service over there is 100 times better than over here. The staff are often polite, friendly and attentive. That happens a lot less than it should over here.

It seems like you are saying they are somewhat entitled to be a bit of a dickhead because they may have served some idiot customers before you.

Hell no. Im not excusing them mate, but merely saying there is probably a reason behind the lack of customer service.

My mrs remains as professional as she should, but she turns the air blue when she gets home. Mind you the vast majority of her customers have a lot of money, which means she gets no tips and loads of attitude. Not the ideal combination considering how much she gets paid.

Rich people, along with estate agents, can fuck off.

Hell no. Im not excusing them mate, but merely saying there is probably a reason behind the lack of customer service.

My mrs remains as professional as she should, but she turns the air blue when she gets home. Mind you the vast majority of her customers have a lot of money, which means she gets no tips and loads of attitude. Not the ideal combination considering how much she gets paid.

Rich people, along with estate agents, can fuck off.

We'll agree there then!

I'll concede that there are times of course when you're having a bad day and you just can't help but take it out on someone, but that should be the exception and not the norm. That's why I picked bar staff in expensive bars up in my OP, they are consistently rude are ignorant, it's like a prerequisite for the job.

Where do people stand on bouncers in exclusive clubs etc...? I realise that can be a hard job, but fuck me, some of them are amongst the most arrogant people I've ever come across.

Anyone under 25 their sense of entitlement is unfucking believable. No 3G in here what the fuck this is shit.. Fuck you, growing up if I need to find out shit I'd have to ask a million people until I got the most consistent answer or go to the library and search for a fucking book on the subject matter than double check it with another book, Jesus I'd go weeks months years before finding out who the fuck someone was talking about " you know that fella in that film, the one about the walzer being turned into a spaceship". Now imdb job sorted, then it was trying to find a VHS copy of a film I don't know what was called spending 40 minutes fast forwarding the fuck with my fingers at breaking point to eventually find out so someone could say "yeah that's him". So everyone is a cunt, everyone under 25 maybe younger im being harsh but if you don't know any different than having instant access to answers then fuck you, no wonder you are an impatient cunt who feels the world owes you.

Call centre types and recruitment agency people.

Never known any type of person who bores people talking about their job than in call centres. I was working on the IT department of one last year and jeezus, listening to them moan when they are on a break was grim.

"This guy on the phone was so rude earlier.."

"Omg, I gave him a really good quote and he wasn't interested.."

"Suzie is on 14 sales today, how??? she's shit.."

Bellends.

And recruitment agents are just generally fucking rats, not sure if it is especially bad in IT. Useless lying fucks who are basically given money if they can persuade you to take a job that you could probably find on your own with a little network. I love by-passing them when I find out who the company is and apply directly. Then let them know that their 10-25% cut of your annual salary is going to you instead. Swag.