You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the info...appreciate it.

As usual, it turns into a slagging match...I would appreciate it even more if those not really interested in this thread would put a fuel soaked sock in it and strike a match.

Just gonna check EBay and see whats a doing.

People who define themselves or others either by the brands they wear or by the brands they don't wear are a little bit lacking in terms of their sense of self, in my view. Ultimately, who cares what other people wear? It's almost the very definition of childishness.

Edited by Paul

Aw for fuck's sake. North Face is a chav brand now?

Another good brand ruined by the great unwashed masses a la Barbour? Not gonna stop me wearing mine I'm afraid.

I got my parka in, of all places, Florida about six years ago. It was pricey but because of the exchange rate at the time, two dollars to the pound, I got a good deal on it. Had it vacuum packed to bring home cos it's a big fucker.

Great buy that has seen me through some of the worst weather we've had here in Blighty for many a year.

The jacket itself keeps you extremely warm in sub zero temperatures, and, as someone else earlier remarked, is akin to wearing a duvet. Because of this I generally only wear a t-shirt and light fleece or sweater under it. I think it's fair to say the parka can't really be worn in mildly cold weather as you'll sweat your bollocks off in it.

It's got about a dozen pockets which means your door keys are never in the first eleven you check but that's nowt really. I would defo advise purchasing of said garment regardless of expense as I see it as an investment that can be worn for years to come. Mine hasn't let me down since 2008 and I'll wear it through the scal storm and out the other side.

must admit the scallys stigma is hard to ignore, I went in Adapt outdoors in Town last year with my heart set on buying one, went in and there was a gang of scals bouncing round, trying them on with the caps aswel, put me off a bit so got a Berghaus.

MMmm. Indeed, whilst it is good quality clobber, - there's no escaping the fact that its starting to be a bit Burberry without the pattern

People who define themselves or others either by the brands they wear or by the brands they don't wear are a little bit lacking in terms of their sense of self, in my view. Ultimately, who cares what other people wear? It's almost the very definition of childishness.

Er, most people. Ever since we developement this radical concept called fashion.

You show me a person that doesn't care what other people think of their fashion sense, and I'll show you someone with Lee Cooper on their jeans.

Er' date=' most people. Ever since we developement this radical concept called fashion.

You show me a person that doesn't care what other people think of their fashion sense, and I'll show you someone with Lee Cooper on their jeans.[/quote']

Go and look up the word "ultimately".

I have a decent Berghaus fleece lined jacket which, I've come to realise this winter, just doesn't hack it in really cold weather. I'm putting aside £200 so that at some point before next winter I can invest in a proper coat, some good suggestions on here.

I wouldnt say I would have to wear only a certain brand, or not wear certain brands. that would be childish.

but clothes are important, think of uniforms for instance.

people are judged by what clothes they wear. a man wearing a dress would be judged, as would one wearing a Nazi uniform or whatever.

I just like to buy whats comfortable, smart and what looks like good quality, ill pay more for better quality, but wont be ripped off by expensive named t-shirts for instance.

when you look round and see people you dont want to be assosiated with mainly wearing specific type of clothes, then you dont want to wear it.

I dont want to be judged by a policeman as I walk down the street, or have someone eyeing up an expensive coat wanting to rob it.

When you down Champ? I live very close so have vistors parking permits for the immediate on-street parking in that area (Zone C), so can send you what you need. The hotel will sell you them for probbaly a fiver or tenner a day, but we'll be hopefully moving house soon so will have some sapre you can have.

That's a really kind offer, mister, but when you live as far away as us it just doesnt make sense driving down (timewise or financially) just for a weekend so we're flying to Gatwick and then hopping on the train for the last leg

That's a really kind offer, mister, but when you live as far away as us it just doesnt make sense driving down (timewise or financially) just for a weekend so we're flying to Gatwick and then hopping on the train for the last leg

Fair do's* and good call, parking is shite down here anyway.

*wonders if that apostrophe is correct? probably not

I wouldnt say I would have to wear only a certain brand, or not wear certain brands. that would be childish.

but clothes are important, think of uniforms for instance.

people are judged by what clothes they wear. a man wearing a dress would be judged, as would one wearing a Nazi uniform or whatever.

I just like to buy whats comfortable, smart and what looks like good quality, ill pay more for better quality, but wont be ripped off by expensive named t-shirts for instance.

when you look round and see people you dont want to be assosiated with mainly wearing specific type of clothes, then you dont want to wear it.

I dont want to be judged by a policeman as I walk down the street, or have someone eyeing up an expensive coat wanting to rob it.

I totally agree that clothes are important; that wasn't something I was disputing. I care quite a lot about what I wear and wouldn't pretend otherwise. Likewise, I really like certain brands too. However, what I find laughable is that people are being defined by the brands they wear by some people on this thread. I think the word "cunt" was used by someone, which is plainly ridiculous.

I care about what I wear, but my clothes - or indeed my appearance as a whole - do not define me.